2016 McLaren F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Pierce89

Re: 2016 McLaren F1 Team - Honda

techman wrote:
Please Techman continue trolling about how sh+t is Alo, because he will probably made his best to s++t your mouth as he did today.
yeah just because alonso race pace was better in austin doesnt change the fact for most of this season , jenson race pace is better than his and the bad luck jenson has to take this season. jenson only problem is his qualifying and again the team screwed him up in austin and coming from low down the grid is always much harder . hopefully it does not happen again in mexico. cant wait for mexico.
Hahaha haha!
Hahahahahahahahhaha!
Hahahahahahahaahahahhaahaahaha!!!!
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

Vasconia

Pierce89 wrote:
Vasconia wrote:Very good performance by both drivers and the car itself. Good pace, no great problems with tyre management and fuel consumption. Good.

Alonso´s last laps were spectacular!!

Mexico will be tough but at least this race gave a good feeling.
Mexico's corners will suit McLaren enough to balance out the straights.
I dont know, that straight is long!!!

Alonso Fan

I too fear Mexico will be tough. Not sure if it suits their car as good as Malaysia and Austin. Let's wait and hope
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

techman

interesting according to jenson button , mclaren suffer a lot in mid corner speed , maybe you know better than him. :lol: no wonder mclaren bringing so many alterations every gp to get their balance right. show how much they need to improve for next season. i hope they do improve.

PhillipM

Your reading comprehension fails you again - he said they struggle on tracks with medium-speed corners - on account of not being able to harvest for their ERS and having instead to do it from their power unit, which isn't as efficient as rivals.
He said nothing about mid-corner (apex) speed.

godlameroso

Mexico doesn't have a super long straight, it has a nice flat out section, but the majority of the track is low and medium speed corners, with a fair bit of braking, the mid speed corners aren't long and sweeping, but rather quick changes of direction.
Saishū kōnā

techman

Button said: "Mid-speed corners with no braking at all. That is really tough for us. It is the way the car doesn't perform in that region as well as others. "Heavy braking circuits, our car is fantastic, and we are probably the best at braking. When you have that heavy braking corner, the initial turn in is very strong and the car has a lot of downforce – that is probably more than I should be telling you.

Jenson button is referring to car balance nothing to do with the engine. dont try to put your thoughts into his exact quote. no wonder mclaren mclaren bringing alterations every race, they still cant get the chassis to work.

turbof1

techman wrote:Button said: "Mid-speed corners with no braking at all. That is really tough for us. It is the way the car doesn't perform in that region as well as others. "Heavy braking circuits, our car is fantastic, and we are probably the best at braking. When you have that heavy braking corner, the initial turn in is very strong and the car has a lot of downforce – that is probably more than I should be telling you.

Jenson button is referring to car balance nothing to do with the engine. dont try to put your thoughts into his exact quote. no wonder mclaren mclaren bringing alterations every race, they still cant get the chassis to work.
Well, the chassis works but not across the complete range of corners. This looks to be an issue of balance and stability, aerodynamical and mechanical. Maybe the car has some pitch sensitivity
#AeroFrodo

PhillipM

techman wrote:Button said: "Mid-speed corners with no braking at all. That is really tough for us. It is the way the car doesn't perform in that region as well as others. "Heavy braking circuits, our car is fantastic, and we are probably the best at braking. When you have that heavy braking corner, the initial turn in is very strong and the car has a lot of downforce – that is probably more than I should be telling you.

He says nothing about chassis balance, he just says the car doesn't work in circuits with mid speed corners and no braking. Again, that's likely due to it hurting the car with regard to harvesting as much as anything else.
And still nothing about apex speeds as you inferred.

GoranF1

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

godlameroso

Good, everyone knows Castrol works better than Mobil 1 on Hondas :)
Saishū kōnā

Mr Sparkle

Hopefully this wont set back fuel development, the gains made in fuel this year might be undone switching supplier.

mrluke

PhillipM wrote:

He says nothing about chassis balance, he just says the car doesn't work in circuits with mid speed corners and no braking. Again, that's likely due to it hurting the car with regard to harvesting as much as anything else.
And still nothing about apex speeds as you inferred.
Seriously a quote from Button that literally says their car isn't good in the corners and you interpret that to mean their engine is holding them back? :wtf:

PhillipM

it doesn't literally say that at all, and it specifically mentions braking, why do you think that is?

Pierce89

techman wrote:
interesting according to jenson button , mclaren suffer a lot in mid corner speed , maybe you know better than him. :lol: no wonder mclaren bringing so many alterations every gp to get their balance right. show how much they need to improve for next season. i hope they do improve.

I read Jensen say Suzuka's corners didn't suit them, but that was because there wasnt much braking. I never saw a mid speed corners don't suit us. Besides,Mexico has low speed more than mid speed.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher