2016 McLaren F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Pierce89

Re: 2016 McLaren F1 Team - Honda

kasio wrote:What the point of sponsorship? Its not the way to win championship! They need good car, good engine and they are far off that!
I could be wrong, but I believe sponsorship is pretty important to any high level race team. Actually, no I'm definitely not wrong.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

kasio
kasio

Manoah2u wrote:
kasio wrote:What the point of sponsorship?
is that really a question?
You grabbed it Out of the context ?

kasio
kasio

Cold Fussion wrote:
kasio wrote:What the point of sponsorship? Its not the way to win championship! They need good car, good engine and they are far off that!
Are you actually suggesting that financial backing is not important for a race team?
Are You suggesting that You can build car from money?
I mean why You are asking such childish and rhetoric questions?

kasio
kasio

Thunders wrote:
And you won't get any of that without Cash.
You wont get that from cash!

Thunder

So in your World all the Designers and Engineers that Construct and Build Championship winnig Cars work for Free? Seems like a nice Place.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Cold Fussion
Cold Fussion

kasio wrote:
Cold Fussion wrote:
Are you actually suggesting that financial backing is not important for a race team?
Suggesting that I'm asking a rhetorical question implies the answer to my question is obvious, which it can't be given your previous post. That is unless you were purposely disingenuous originally.

kasio
kasio

Cold Fussion wrote:
kasio wrote:
Cold Fussion wrote:
Suggesting that I'm asking a rhetorical question implies the answer to my question is obvious, which it can't be given your previous post. That is unless you were purposely disingenuous originally.
if my post is only one you read it may seem disgenious. but as you can find out its more as a response to ingenious thinking that mclaren now needs more money. my post was suggestion that there are more important things than having more money. I did not imply that mclaren does not need money which you are suggesting i did. if you really are that limited i suggest you just ignore posts i make.

kasio
kasio

Thunders wrote:So in your World all the Designers and Engineers that Construct and Build Championship winnig Cars work for Free? Seems like a nice Place.
in my world you fix what is broken. i am suggesting that these sluggish results of last few years are not because we lost or did not have title sponsor. its because we did not build good car and engine. That is what we need to fix.

Wazari

Money does not build a winning car. Money does buy you resources to help build a winning car. The more resources you have, the better chance you have of building a winning formula. Last time I checked, Mercedes had close to 1,300 people supporting their F1 team. McLaren Honda combined around 850. So while the sponsors don't build the car, every penny they contribute makes a difference.

Happy Thanksgiving to all who are celebrating this holiday!
“If Honda does not race, there is no Honda.”

“Success represents the 1% of your work which results from the 99% that is called failure.”

-- Honda Soichiro

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

That's why teams like RedBull and Mercedes are on top of it all, and teams like Manor, Sauber and goners like HRT were absolutely nowhere.

Also, a title sponsor is more inclined to push for results. demand results. or else......
sure, a team itself asks that of it's personnel. but who asks that of the team? no title sponsor is less pressure.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Thunder

#aerogollum

mikeerfol

"Reservoir Dogs" :lol:

Thunder

Ahh yes that's the one. :mrgreen:
It reminded me of a Movie but i couldn't recall what the Name was for the life of me.
#aerogollum

Jef Patat
Jef Patat

It made me think of this:

and let's just hope they end up doing this:

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare