2016 McLaren F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Vasconia

Re: 2016 McLaren F1 Team - Honda

McG wrote:Hopfully they are concentrating more on 2017. This year will be and already is a poor show.

The only hope thay Honda has is if they have been concentrating on 2017 since 2014. But did any teams know what was going to happen in 2017 in 2014?

I still think it was a mistake to team up with Honda. I think it wasn't McLaren's first choice to team with Honda.
They even dont know now what is going to happen in 2017... :lol:

Thunder

Finally, the Season is saved.... ^^ https://twitter.com/McLarenStore/status ... 0040882176
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

McG

Vasconia wrote:
McG wrote:Hopfully they are concentrating more on 2017. This year will be and already is a poor show.

The only hope thay Honda has is if they have been concentrating on 2017 since 2014. But did any teams know what was going to happen in 2017 in 2014?

I still think it was a mistake to team up with Honda. I think it wasn't McLaren's first choice to team with Honda.
They even dont know now what is going to happen in 2017... :lol:

Yeah thought so. Was hoping it might end up being like 2009 lol. F1 is quite rubbish at he moment ain't it.
F1 is dead.

Thunder

Posted by "shonguiz" on the Autorsport Forum:
http://www.f1i.com/i...lution-batarde/
Lots of intresting stuff:
EB to Auto Hebdo:"Australia Spec had less power than Abu Dhabi 2015, Bahrein saw the return to Abu dhabi 2015 power level".
EB: "Honda still a long way off from Mercedes, we know it because we have the exact numbers"
According to Auto Hebdo: McLaren imposed to Honda to work with european engineers that were sent to Sakura in January.
The whole group is now working on a new version that's supposed to be introduced between Canada and GB. EB: "It's a bit of a bastard solution (meaning compromised/hybrid) but it will allow us to aspire to new ambitions in the second half of the season"
#aerogollum

Sayeman

Strong Double point finish.
Never Give up.

Pierce89

I think the team overall will be quite strong next year, the engine I think, will still be behind, but as they get to larger and larger power figures a 30-50 hp gap will seem smaller and smaller.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

ollandos

good result today not the real picture of team dynamic ...on this track .....so far
the good news
1.mclaren make progress on chassis side from last year and race by race in this year ....its not the best but maybe better than others midfields...
2.honda made fantastic work on reliability after ridicilus year ....with more engines than races....that help the developent...

bad news
1.that car needs more and more in all areas ..its maybe the worst on tires and fuel managment....with less power....mclaren cant pass other car with drs ...on sorter straight of 2miles.....its so slow on acceleration after the exits ..and loose so much time on high gears full throttle sector....
2.i dont know nothing about what can honda do this year for more engine power and performance .....and what must wait next season ......

for me if honda make true upgrade and go a step forward we see big gains ....over 0.5sec.....if we not see big improvemt that means wrong work again ....

GoranF1

Hulk said in a interview today that Mp4.31 is absolutley glued to track but has very poor power.
Last edited by GoranF1 on 01 May 2016, 23:38, edited 1 time in total.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

Sayeman

ollandos wrote:good result today not the real picture of team dynamic ...on this track .....so far
the good news
1.mclaren make progress on chassis side from last year and race by race in this year ....its not the best but maybe better than others midfields...
2.honda made fantastic work on reliability after ridicilus year ....with more engines than races....that help the developent...

bad news
1.that car needs more and more in all areas ..its maybe the worst on tires and fuel managment....with less power....mclaren cant pass other car with drs ...on sorter straight of 2miles.....its so slow on acceleration after the exits ..and loose so much time on high gears full throttle sector....
2.i dont know nothing about what can honda do this year for more engine power and performance .....and what must wait next season ......

for me if honda make true upgrade and go a step forward we see big gains ....over 0.5sec.....if we not see big improvemt that means wrong work again ....
Cars in front of jenson were also using DRS though
Never Give up.

bauc

Great double finish, a bit lucky to gain some places but overall I'm very pleased how the team performed today.
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

Xero

Pretty decent result for what could have been a tricky race with the absurd fuel saving that had to be done. Alonso banging in 5th fastest lap of the race is the most positive note of the weekend for me. As Hulk said, the car looked pretty mighty through the twisty bits. Every reason to be optimistic for regular solid points finishes going into the European races.

Thunder

bauc wrote:Great double finish, a bit lucky to gain some places but overall I'm very pleased how the team performed today.
Surely a bit lucky at the start but in comparsion to last Year they were able to hold their position on Track and even overtake. :shock: Fernando's and Eric Boullier's comments an Fuel saving are still a bit worrying but the reliability looks good this Year. I just hope this Race was somewhat indicative of what's to come and not one of these "the stars alligned" races.
#aerogollum

ME4ME

First of all, Alonso did a great job in the race. So well done to him and Mclaren.

But lets not forget Kvyat, Riccardo, Perez and Vettels race were ruined right at the start. Sainz race was destroyed as well, as a part of Kvyats front wing had gone in his sidepod and damaged his car quite heavily. Verstappen broke down too. So that are 6 strong players gone.

bauc

Thunders wrote:
bauc wrote:Great double finish, a bit lucky to gain some places but overall I'm very pleased how the team performed today.
Surely a bit lucky at the start but in comparsion to last Year they were able to hold their position on Track and even overtake. :shock: Fernando's and Eric Boullier's comments an Fuel saving are still a bit worrying but the reliability looks good this Year. I just hope this Race was somewhat indicative of what's to come and not one of these "the stars alligned" races.
Thunders, fuel economy of the Honda engine is what worries me most at the moment, and I think its a huge reason for the (un)competitiveness of the PU right now.
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

nevill3

The fuel saving required at Sochi was reported to be the most severe of the season due to the nature of the track. McLaren's alleged "higher than the rest" fuel consumption would have compounded the problem but I personally do not worry about this for the rest of the season. Their best lap times showed that there is potential waiting to be unlocked.This is the most optimistic I have felt for a while.
Sent from my Commodore PET in 1978