2016 Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Sonador
Sonador

Re: 2016 Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team - Mercedes

It almost reminds me of 2010-2012 , where Shumacher was the unlucky one with a lot of weird problems.
And Rosberg had zero issues ...

It switches around (mechanical/electrical failure), i am curious where the problems are comming from.
I doubt we will ever get to know, speculate stuff is kind of fun ....
:mrgreen:

Must admit that i liked the open letter to disgrunteld fans, off course there is some BS in it.
But there were also some good things in it, i can not remember a F1 team doing such a thing before.

Love or hate Mercedes, love or hate Hamilton ...
There is no denying that what hey do is different from any other team.
They are making history, i am enjoying that, loved them from the word go, when they took over Brawn.

jurinius
jurinius

Fanboy problem or not, Mercedes has to handle a very tricky situation. If Hamilton wins a third championship in a row that will probably finish Nico career, so what is the best way to give him all chances ? IMO a decent gap over Lewis at the start of the season then let him protect that til the end appears to be a clean option. Maybe those failures aren't to stop Lewis, but can someone give me the f1 articles titles if it was Lewis ahead ... "F1 interest is dead...", "This F1 season is over..." :)
“And suddenly I realized that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension.”
― Ayrton Senna

TAG

Mercedes should be looking to negotiate a sponsorship deal with 3M Post-It for Nico's steering wheel.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

GoranF1
GoranF1

Autosprint reporting of possibility that Werlein could replace Hamilton in Monaco(whole race)
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

Pierce89

GoranF1 wrote:Autosprint reporting of possibility that Werlein could replace Hamilton in Monaco(whole race)
What?!!?
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

garygph
garygph

Autosprint reporting of possibility that Werlein could replace Hamilton in Monaco(whole race)
In an interview Hamilton said that he was ok to miss the testing as he does not enjoy it but also that he had a medical issue to attend to. Hopefully it is not connected and the man is good to go.
Last edited by garygph on 20 May 2016, 17:39, edited 1 time in total.

GoranF1
GoranF1

Pierce89 wrote:
GoranF1 wrote:Autosprint reporting of possibility that Werlein could replace Hamilton in Monaco(whole race)
What?!!?
https://twitter.com/f1talks/status/733642358084882432

GoranF1
GoranF1

Pierce89 wrote:
What?!!?
https://twitter.com/f1talks/status/733641824623960064

superdowg316

GoranF1 wrote:
Pierce89 wrote:
What?!!?
https://twitter.com/f1talks/status/733642358084882432
I usually would be skeptical about this, but considering what happened with Kvyat, nothing is impossible anymore.
Friendship with Honda ended, Renault is my new (and more reliable) friend.

ME4ME

If there indeed is a medical issue, then sure, Wehrlein is first in que.

But the story is utter speculation. I call BS. I don't see why Mercedes all of a sudden would have a isue with Hamilton either. Sure, the collision wasn't pretty, but it's Mercedes who have failed Hamilton so far this season.

GPR-A duplicate2

Yaaaaaawwnnn..... :roll:

Phil

I second that. Hamilton has always been very positive towards the team: calm & collected. However if this last crash did cause some internal friction with the team, i wouldnt bet against some higher ups to add pressure by throwing the odd "insider speculation / rumour" to the press to say that Wehrlein could take his seat.

I thought it was telling what Toto said; he seemed to understand how the crash unfolded and didnt attribute blame to either. Seems quite different than Spa 2014 for instance. But Toto doesnt make all decisions. Daimler does.

If this for whatever reason materializes, the WDC race is over.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Phil wrote:
If this for whatever reason materializes, the WDC race is over.
If it happens it will be seen by many as Mercedes giving Rosberg his title chance. It won't be good for Rosberg and certainly wouldn't be good for Mercedes' image. I can't see it happening unless Hamilton is barred from driving by his own doctor.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

NL_Fer
NL_Fer

I doubt if this crash would turn tensions up. Probably they both sat in the paddock trailer, feeling stupid crashing first lap as two rookies.

Thinking about it, this crash has much the same of the Hill Schumacher crash in 94.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

NL_Fer wrote: Thinking about it, this crash has much the same of the Hill Schumacher crash in 94.
Only if you believe that Rosberg deliberately ran in to Hamilton.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.