2016 Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Jolle
Jolle

Re: 2016 Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team - Mercedes

Just_a_fan wrote:
NL_Fer wrote: Thinking about it, this crash has much the same of the Hill Schumacher crash in 94.
Only if you believe that Rosberg deliberately ran in to Hamilton.
If i was the Mercedes driver manager, I would have two talks. One with Rosberg about his instincts to block rival drivers on straights (very dangerous and not very sportsmanlike). The other one with Lewis, when he's faster, especially after a mistake, take your time. The times he crashes out, it's in these situations.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

There's been speculation last year if i recall correctly, that when tensions rose between R&L, that 'a head might roll'. I remember there might be indications it could be 'one we'd not expect'.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/formul ... inues.html

In other words, might be Lewis. I also recall Mercedes in the past has expressed they were not 'too' jiggy with Hamilton's 'lifestyle'. I can't really remember there have been reports like that about Rosberg. In other words, there MIGHT be some indication - if you read it like that - that potentially Lewis MIGHT be in trouble. Combine this with the 'sabbatical' theory of 2017, and it might become more clear that there's more than meets the eye. Lewis - after hauling in his WDC last year, got a 'different' car and was questioned by the media about whether the car suits Rosberg more and how he feels about it.
Mercedes switching staff is another thing Lewis might not enjoy. He has had a rough run untill now either way.
I wonder whether something has been going on behind closed doors which has turned the cards against Lewis and in favor of Rosberg.

I can imagine this setting Lewis up.

I think this message is media sensationalism and a 'rumour' is quickly started. Hell, it can be a blatant lie. Then again, it could be true. We'll know in due time.
It would be sensational and crazy if it happened.
Last edited by Manoah2u on 20 May 2016, 21:38, edited 1 time in total.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Just_a_fan wrote:
NL_Fer wrote: Thinking about it, this crash has much the same of the Hill Schumacher crash in 94.
Rosberg did not ran into Hamilton, so that's just bullocks.
He DID however plant his car knowingly in such a position whilst being fully aware of his screwup which had him
without a bunchload of power and speed. Kamikaza-move? yeah, quite Schumacher-style.

http://asia.eurosport.com/formula-1/vil ... tory.shtml

but i dont want to fuel this fire anymore.

http://pzimedia.com/sports/Hamilton-dis ... 8325.html/

it happened and that's just it. let's see where it goes from here.
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

Stalker1
Stalker1

I would not be suprised if Mercedes chooses to kick out Hamilton in the end of this season. Especially if Hamilton does not change his lifestyle and attitude. It could be true, that Mercedes does not like the image that Hamilton have created of himself and of the team. Then you have Nico, a german, a proper bloke from the next door. Married, quietly working hard and probably for significantly less salary.

Hamilton seems to have edge in raw speed, but if Rosberg can get the set-up right, he is a fair much for him. They will not lose much, execpt the publicity, if they sack Hamilton and for example take in Wehrlein as a clear second driver.

domh245
domh245

Stalker1 wrote:I would not be suprised if Mercedes chooses to kick out Hamilton in the end of this season. Especially if Hamilton does not change his lifestyle and attitude. It could be true, that Mercedes does not like the image that Hamilton have created of himself and of the team. Then you have Nico, a german, a proper bloke from the next door. Married, quietly working hard and probably for significantly less salary.

Hamilton seems to have edge in raw speed, but if Rosberg can get the set-up right, he is a fair much for him. They will not lose much, execpt the publicity, if they sack Hamilton and for example take in Wehrlein as a clear second driver.
In all honesty, Mercedes would probably have to spend more in cancellation fees and compensation if they dropped Lewis before '17 than they would lose from the perceived 'poor image'.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Manoah2u wrote:
Just_a_fan wrote:
You missed my point. The Spain crash is only the same as the '94 crash if Rosberg, like Schumacher, did it deliberately. Rosberg didn't deliberately crash in to Hamilton. Schumacher did deliberately crash into Hill. Therefore the crashes are not the same.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Stalker1 wrote:I would not be suprised if Mercedes chooses to kick out Hamilton in the end of this season. Especially if Hamilton does not change his lifestyle and attitude. It could be true, that Mercedes does not like the image that Hamilton have created of himself and of the team. Then you have Nico, a german, a proper bloke from the next door.
Yeah, Hamilton should be living in Monaco like a nice little white boy (Oops, he isn't one. Ooh, tricky!). He shouldn't be his own person, exploring his own place in the world. Living his life as he sees fit.

He certainly shouldn't be spending time at small events, helping out promoting it, getting down to the grass roots, racing with youngsters. All that sort of stuff. This is one of those events that people keep complaining about him doing - you know, when he's jetting off around the place.

Yeah, he should just sit in his Monaco apartment, count his money and be quiet. Sheesh. :roll:

The reason they "put up with him" is because he's won them two titles and schooled the "proper bloke from the next door" for three seasons in a row. Rosberg should just keep his head down, take the pay cheque and be grateful his mediocre career has lasted as long as it has.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

flickerf1
flickerf1

Stalker1 wrote:I would not be suprised if Mercedes chooses to kick out Hamilton in the end of this season. Especially if Hamilton does not change his lifestyle and attitude. It could be true, that Mercedes does not like the image that Hamilton have created of himself and of the team. Then you have Nico, a german, a proper bloke from the next door. Married, quietly working hard and probably for significantly less salary.

Not trying to cause an argument, but... what does Nico being German have to do with anything? Moving on to Lewis, he's won Merc 2 WDC's, yet people still like to harp on about his lifestyle and attitude. You only have one life, we should all spend it how we want to.
The Wicked + The Divine.

lebesset
lebesset

it seems quite clear that without hamilton or vettel in the team rosberg is good enough to be WDC
but in 2007 they may well not have that clear advantage , they won't know until the season is underway
if they don't have an advantage hamilton is who they need ...I don't believe mercedes are stupid enough to let him go
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

GPR-A duplicate2

Yeah man. Perfectly understandable that you are frustrated and jealous of his lifestyle ! You miss having all that. Don't you?

Nico is just a clumsy racer who is in limelight, only because of Mercedes advantage. The day when Mercedes have to work harder to even get to the front row and their drivers get swarmed by others, you can always bet on Nico screwing it up. There are so many videos available from 2010 onwards that clearly proves how bad he is in wheel to wheel racing. Go check.

Sonador
Sonador

What is with all the hate against either Hamilton or Rosberg #-o

Claims such as Rosberg is a clumbsy racer, or that he is mediocre bla bla bla
Same goes for stpid claims of Hamilton, lifestyle bla bla, attitude bla bla bla

Just quit is man, Rosberg just grew a set of balls he was lacking, and Hamilton does not like it.
To me having Hamilton in F1 is awesome, he just says how he is feeling without al that PR BS.
Is he always right? No is don't think so, And his lifestyle is different to others.
But he always delivers on track, and knows very well how to play mindgames with his opponents.
Just an awesome and great driver!!!

Same goes for Rosberg, he is a hard worker but maybe less talented.
But to call him mediocre or clumbsy ... :lol:
He is also very very good, he usually comes alive/wake up in the second half of the season.

Once friends, now fierce enemies it is entertaining to watch be happy about it.

GrayGreat
GrayGreat

GPR-A wrote:

Yeah man. Perfectly understandable that you are frustrated and jealous of his lifestyle ! You miss having all that. Don't you?

Nico is just a clumsy racer who is in limelight, only because of Mercedes advantage. The day when Mercedes have to work harder to even get to the front row and their drivers get swarmed by others, you can always bet on Nico screwing it up. There are so many videos available from 2010 onwards that clearly proves how bad he is in wheel to wheel racing. Go check.

There is a reason Nico is in F1 right now, and driving for the current best team, and you are not. Stop all this jealousy and hate. Grow up.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Just_a_fan wrote:
Manoah2u wrote:
Just_a_fan wrote: Only if you believe that Rosberg deliberately ran in to Hamilton.
You missed my point. The Spain crash is only the same as the '94 crash if Rosberg, like Schumacher, did it deliberately. Rosberg didn't deliberately crash in to Hamilton. Schumacher did deliberately crash into Hill. Therefore the crashes are not the same.
no you miss my point.

the point being, Rosberg DID do it delibaretly. The only difference is that Rosberg did not slam into hamilton like schumi went into hill. He DID however move over exactly like Schumacher did when he almost squashed Barrichello to smithereens into the pit wall when Barri came overtaking Schumachers slower Merc with his speeding Williams back in 2010. Schumacher actually was lucky it was towards the end of the race, as stewards told, as they wanted to black flag him from the race (DSQ).

It was EXACTLY the same move, the only difference was that in this case, there was grass between them which rosberg didn't want to touch. If there was concrete there, Rosberg would have pushed Hamilton into the wall. In this case, he pushed him delibaretely into the grass.

the proof is laid out as clear as it can be with the fact rosberg KNEW he had a 180hp disadvantage because he screwed up his settings on the steering wheel, which he was adjusting. he knew hamilton was there and closed the door by moving to the right noticing hamilton was there. The onboard cam doesn't lie about it, when he switches the steering wheel switch you can see him look into his right mirror, thus KNOWING lewis was there, with a giant speed difference. Despite of this, he went to the right and delibaretely made a dirty move on hamilton, which for his unfortunate luck and for the thanks of justice being served, he got hammered by hamilton who couldn't control the car he pushed off the track.

i wonder what would have happened had lewis miraculously NOT went sideways on the grass, OR if Rosberg was fast enough to avoid getting hit, then lewis would have skated on and without damage returned to the track and come in blazing.
that would have seen an interesting result in 'relations'.

either way, that did not happen.
what did happen was Nico delibaretly pulled a dirty and low and dangerous move on his teammate.

or do you still believe Rosberg's Monaco 2014 qualification 'incident' wasn't a delibarate and dirty move?
and you don't believe Rosberg didn't purposefully went into Lewis with his front wing a couple races later?

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

GrayGreat wrote:
GPR-A wrote:

There is a reason Nico is in F1 right now, and driving for the current best team, and you are not. Stop all this jealousy and hate. Grow up.
because he is a valuable driver but above all makes a great number 2 driver.

Like the Schumacher-Barrichello situation at Ferrari. Yes Barrichello was a above-average driver. Yes it was severely uncalled for and unfair that the team Ferrari screwed him over in every sense possible by demanding he drop his 1st
place to Schumacher. That was unfair, Barrichello deserved that win. Is Barrichello a good driver capable of winning
a GP? yes, very much certainly in that dominant Ferrari. Was Barrichello WDC material? we don't know, point is though,
him winning one or 2 races, of which atleast 1 had to give his place to Schumi, does NOT mean he is even CAPABLE of
beating Schumacher, or even being 'on the same level'. He had an amazing dominant Ferrari to his availabilitly, which
made him have the fortunate luck of being in a championship CAPABLE car.
Mind you, a car, that was as good as it was thanks to the relentless work Schumacher did together with the Ferrari team.
Yes, that included feedback from Rubens, but that does not make Rubens on the same level.

Switchback to Rosberg, he is noting but a Rubens @ Ferrari. Yes he is a very capable driver, like Rubens. Yes, he can give good feedback and adds valuable experience to the team, like Rubens. Yes, he has a championship CAPABLE car to his availability, just like Rubens.

Isn't it funny though, that when Lewis went to Mercedes, they turned into Championship winners? How many years was Rosberg already there? ain't it funny that when Schumacher went to Ferrari, they turned into championship winners?
how much of that capability came from Rubens, and how much came from Schumacher?
how much championship capability came from Rosberg, and how much came from Hamilton?

Stalker1
Stalker1

I was just suggesting, why it is possible that if the situation inside the team does not improve, they could very well sack Hamilton as well as Rosberg. Wolfs comment about hiring Alonso, if necessery, even if it would be very difficult to come true, showed again that they are ready to let their top driver (Hamilton) go and higher another one.

Talking about Mercs progress over the years, it was not just Hamilton coming in and turning everything around. Mercs worst season was 2011, I think. After that, according to Brawn, he managed to explain that they need more money and more people to improve their racing form. In 2012 Rosberg take his and teams first win in China, the rest of the season was not that sucessful, but they were improving. Before 2013 season, Aldo Costa, Geoff Willis, Bob Bell, Mike Elliot, Toto Wolff joined the team. With W04, both Rosberg managed to win to times and take a couple of podiums. Hamilton managed to win in Hungary and also take a couple of podiums during the season. With more resources and people, team managed to improve considerably after the mixed seasons of 2010-2012.

No doubt, Hamilton was hired as a top of the line driver, who was able to win WDC. And he has shown that he is inferior to none, including Rosbeg, Alonso, Vettel or Raikonen in his prime days. But he is not irreplacable.