2016 Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
skoop

Re: 2016 Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team - Mercedes

According to Nikki Lewis never trashed his hotel room and hi did not lie about his relationship with Nico.
Does anyone know where I can watch the Episode of Hangar 49? I'm really interested in Hearing what Nikki actually said and not what the media says.

Edit: Source (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.ph ... e-comments)

cooken

KeiKo403 wrote:The Mercedes board love Rosberg - not actual fact ;) - so the team never really outright blame him for anything. Instead we hear terms like "brainless" aimed at both Ham & Ros, no Toto only Ros was brainless in Autria incident and what he did in Spain (which btw was the same as he pulled in Bahrain a few years ago on the inside of the straight between T2 & T3)
NO. The team never really publicly blame him because that would be extremely unprofessional, bad form, bad politics etc...are you really expecting a public shaming? Imagine the media eruption coming from something like that. Same goes for Lewis. They absolutely do not base media relations out of love OR hate for one driver or another. Just stop with the ridiculous extrapolations/inferences. They may very well fully blame Nico for this, but they will also try their hardest to keep that from getting out.

KeiKo403 wrote: The main point I'm truying to make I guess is that Rosbergs contract will be renewed because of the long standing relationship between him and Mercedes. I doubt he'll ever become a world champion though. I just wonder if he'll sign the contract N. Rosdonaldo?
Clearly there is a longstanding relationship so that will be taken into account for a new contract, but this has absolutely nothing to do with any statements made to the press regarding on track incidents.

proracketeer

skoop wrote:Does anyone know where I can watch the Episode of Hangar 49? I'm really interested in Hearing what Nikki actually said and not what the media says.
http://www.servustv.com/de/Medien/Merce ... ert-Zimmer

Jolle

With a competitive business like running a f1 team, there is always lots of friction internally. The way to keep then healthy is honesty. Not towards the outside but behind closed doors. To be able to have that confidence you can speak your mind and battle to improve the system, you have to trust each other to keep it indoors. Lauda broke this promise and Rosberg did a similar thing is his latest video blog.

Therefore: you never blame someone publicly ("we have to look at it, there is a problem with the braking)
You don't tell you have a problem with someone ("we get along, not real friends but it's ok)
Etc etc.
this goes for every company/team.

ChrisDanger

If anyone's interested:

dans79

proracketeer wrote:
skoop wrote:Does anyone know where I can watch the Episode of Hangar 49? I'm really interested in Hearing what Nikki actually said and not what the media says.
So can anyone translate what Lauda said to English?
197 104 103 7

Jolle

dans79 wrote:
proracketeer wrote:
So can anyone translate what Lauda said to English?
It's also on the skysports.com website

skoop

I'm from Germany. Tomorrow I will have a look at the clip and translate what Nikki said for you guys.
Unfortunately I cant't do it right now, as I have to finish my thesis :(

Gerhardsa

I have a feeling after the German translation (and this is just my opinion) its gonne come down to something like this: regarding the letter

Yes, Niki said exactly what you quoted me on, but he didn't mean it that way " :wtf: #-o

No wonder no one liked him in his racing days. Doesn't think before he speaks. Stupedo!

skoop

I had a look at the video and I have to say I'm really confused.
from 0:30 on Nikki says "He lied. He tries everything he can to be in front and it gets worse with Rosberg being in front."
From 0:59 the show host asks "If they (Ham and Ros) are friends again, why did he (Ham) trash his hotel room in Baku?" Nikki replies: "I was there. He did it because he crashed into the wall"
The next question is "Who is gonna pay for this?" and Nikki replies "Hamilton will of course pay for this. He (HAM) didn't let me in the room and say that he will trash the room"
The last sentence from Lauda is "It really happened. The story about being friends again was a lie".

I can only imagine that Hamilton got really angry and he wantet to trash the room, but then calmed himself down and didn't do it. Mayby Lauda thought he did it and never really asked anyone if the room was destroyed at all.
As far as I can tell there hasn't been any misinterpretation from the media. Nikki really did say those things. maybe the wine got the best of him?

Edit: according to motorsport-total (http://www.motorsport-total.com/f1/news ... 70702.html) a merc insider told them that he didn't see a destroyed room or that new furniture arrived. so it seems like Lauda wasn't that honest at all in that interview. This is in my opinion really strange.

Phil

To me it sounds more like what Niki first said was the truth or close to it (about Hamilton being seriously angry about his error in qualifying), he then made those comments before Austria, then Austria came and the collision and now in reflection, it all just looks that little bit worse. Now Mercedes and Niki in damage control, back tracking to revert those earlier made statements.

All in all, either way, I don't see a problem. So what? Racing drivers are emotional beings. Yes, I would expect Hamilton, after dominating all practice sessions to be more than frustrated with the way his qualifying went. So what?
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

Jolle

Phil wrote:To me it sounds more like what Niki first said was the truth or close to it (about Hamilton being seriously angry about his error in qualifying), he then made those comments before Austria, then Austria came and the collision and now in reflection, it all just looks that little bit worse. Now Mercedes and Niki in damage control, back tracking to revert those earlier made statements.

All in all, either way, I don't see a problem. So what? Racing drivers are emotional beings. Yes, I would expect Hamilton, after dominating all practice sessions to be more than frustrated with the way his qualifying went. So what?
There is no problem other then Niki didn't close ranks (again).

Gerhardsa

So I was right.
He said all those stupid things but now all of a sudden didn't mean it in the way it was taken (by everyone)

Some people never change. He is being like they portrayed him in the movie, a "stupid @ssh013"

Can't have a non-executive chairs saying such irresponsible things.

What is his end motive with such talk?
Its probably because Hamilton, his lifestyle and carefree attitude, reminds him of a certain rival he had back in the day :lol:

lebesset

unfortunately it is no longer possible to place any credence in anything lauda says ...he is not alone ...regretfully there a number of other former F1 drivers who desperately try to keep being public figures by making nonsensical statements to get publicity
remember the ...I persuaded hamilton to join mercedes ...interview with lauda ?

unfortunately for lauda hamilton had previously given an interview in which he had been asked why he had made this leap in the dark ; hamilton said that ross brawn had come to see him at his mum's house ....they sat in the kitchen , ross opened his laptop on the table and showed him what plans he had made and described how long it would take to obtain success
maybe lauda really though he had had some influence , but I know who I would have put my trust in had I been hamilton

unfortunately for ross the germanisation of the team was already planned and he was pushed out and never saw the fruits of his labours all they need now is a german WDC

so maybe they should pay off hamilton and put in someone that rosberg can beat ; unfortunately there is a problem with that

daimler benz have gradually been left behind in mature markets in the youth sector [ I noticed in one press release reference to the hip-hop market , whatever that is !] for the moment not a big problem, but these are the people who end up buying your top end models as they get older ; hamilton has become an international celebrity , rosberg , never heard of him

perhaps even more important , will they still be dominant next season and after ? ...possibly not ,they are already showing signs of weakness , so parting from hamilton could be a very big mistake if they want continued success ,even the hamilton haters unhappily agree he is talented
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

dans79

skoop wrote:"I was there. He did it because he crashed into the wall"
skoop wrote:"Hamilton will of course pay for this. He (HAM) didn't let me in the room and say that he will trash the room"
Jesus, he contradicted himself in the span of a few seconds.
197 104 103 7