2016 Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Jolle
Jolle

Re: 2016 Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team - Mercedes

I think Lewis would need two new engines (if no one fails) and that will cost him around 30 championship points (two fifth places). Being in a better shape then in 2014 with the deficit in points and that he gained around 40 points in the last 5 GP's, its far, far from over.

dans79

Jolle wrote:I think Lewis would need two new engines (if no one fails) and that will cost him around 30 championship points (two fifth places). Being in a better shape then in 2014 with the deficit in points and that he gained around 40 points in the last 5 GP's, its far, far from over.
I still think Merc are going to take all the penalties in one race to minimize the damage.
197 104 103 7

GPR-A duplicate2

I am flabbergasted by the attitude Mercedes have shown, from Baku to Silverstone, with respect to how they handled the mechanical issues of two drivers. In Baku, they were completely negative in giving any indications to Lewis to get his PU problems resolved. Contrary to that, at Silverstone, Nico's race engineer was quick to jump and educate him to get out of the issue. Stewards have now deemed it a violations of radio messages rules, but Mercedes are adamant and now want to lodge an appeal :!: Not that I have a problem with what they did and how they are trying to fight the situation. Had they shown similar audacity in Baku, Lewis would have been leading the championship by now, with a sure shot 3rd place in Baku (could have been 2nd place too, who knows) :!:

Paul

Different engineers, different approaches. Also, one was a relatively minor loss of pace, while the other was a question of imminent failure. Worth a risk of a penalty in my book.

GoranF1
GoranF1

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

Tim.Wright

It's a clickbait title. The story is just a race report from Silverstone.

English version - via Google
Not the engineer at Force India

Sevach
Sevach

Giving up on Mclaren already?

wesley123
wesley123

No(or maybe), just clickbait
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

GoranF1
GoranF1

Sevach wrote:
Giving up on Mclaren already?
Already?
I am not, its just that Alonso is not getting any younger.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

astracrazy
astracrazy

Jolle
Jolle

astracrazy wrote:I wonder what this is about

http://www.planetf1.com/news/hamilton-s ... -revealed/
Reads like he's above all critical about his own choices and behavior then of his competitors or teammates. Something I noticed for the past few years, hard on himself and almost ignoring the rest of the bunch. A completely different person then 2011, where he was pointing everywhere except to himself. This makes him at the moment completely immune for any tricks from Rosberg for instance.

astracrazy
astracrazy

Jolle wrote:
astracrazy wrote:I wonder what this is about

http://www.planetf1.com/news/hamilton-s ... -revealed/
Reads like he's above all critical about his own choices and behavior then of his competitors or teammates. Something I noticed for the past few years, hard on himself and almost ignoring the rest of the bunch. A completely different person then 2011, where he was pointing everywhere except to himself. This makes him at the moment completely immune for any tricks from Rosberg for instance.
An i think it shows too. The old Hamilton would have struggled this year with the problems and crashes he has had.

sosic2121
sosic2121

GPR-A wrote:I am flabbergasted by the attitude Mercedes have shown, from Baku to Silverstone, with respect to how they handled the mechanical issues of two drivers. In Baku, they were completely negative in giving any indications to Lewis to get his PU problems resolved. Contrary to that, at Silverstone, Nico's race engineer was quick to jump and educate him to get out of the issue. Stewards have now deemed it a violations of radio messages rules, but Mercedes are adamant and now want to lodge an appeal :!: Not that I have a problem with what they did and how they are trying to fight the situation. Had they shown similar audacity in Baku, Lewis would have been leading the championship by now, with a sure shot 3rd place in Baku (could have been 2nd place too, who knows) :!:
you are most bias person on this forum.
I wouldn't be surprised if sky offers you a job.
FFS, have watched monaco?!

Juzh

sosic2121 wrote:
GPR-A wrote:I am flabbergasted by the attitude Mercedes have shown, from Baku to Silverstone, with respect to how they handled the mechanical issues of two drivers. In Baku, they were completely negative in giving any indications to Lewis to get his PU problems resolved. Contrary to that, at Silverstone, Nico's race engineer was quick to jump and educate him to get out of the issue. Stewards have now deemed it a violations of radio messages rules, but Mercedes are adamant and now want to lodge an appeal :!: Not that I have a problem with what they did and how they are trying to fight the situation. Had they shown similar audacity in Baku, Lewis would have been leading the championship by now, with a sure shot 3rd place in Baku (could have been 2nd place too, who knows) :!:
The guy had completely lost it lately. Just let him be.

GPR-A duplicate2

Juzh wrote:
sosic2121 wrote:
The guy had completely lost it lately. Just let him be.
@Mods, does this kind of personal attacks are OK on these forums?
@Juzh, everyone is entitled to have an opinion and the kind of garbage you have posted in the past, have I ever condemned that? So why outrage now? Your BS about Vettel fanboyism is quite established. So what's wrong if someone has similar opinion? Simple suggestion to stay away from my posts, keep the fingers off the keyboard.
Last edited by GPR-A duplicate2 on 15 Jul 2016, 15:40, edited 2 times in total.