2016 Red Bull Racing team - TAG Heuer

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
djos

Re: 2016 Red Bull Racing team - TAG Heuer

hemichromis wrote:Would that mean a Mercedes engine somewhere along the line? Or an Aston-branded Mercedes engine?
I'd be surprised if Merc would bless that, besides AM isnt in the Merc brand stable is it?

I'd say it'll be a rebranded Renault 2017 PU.
"In downforce we trust"

F1NAC

Confirmation from Aston
Aston Martin has confirmed that its name is returning to Formula 1 this season, having agreed a technology partnership with Red Bull.
Badge will be placed on the tip of the nose

superdowg316

Also as part of the partnership will be a joint hypercar made by Aston Martin and designed by Adrian Newey. It's expected to lap Silverstone faster than an F1 car and will look something like a cross between F1 and LMP1. Oh, and it'll be road legal. Sounds trick!
Friendship with Honda ended, Renault is my new (and more reliable) friend.

F1NAC

I doubt that something that can go around the same track faster than f1 car would be road legal :D

Tim.Wright

superdowg316 wrote:Also as part of the partnership will be a joint hypercar made by Aston Martin and designed by Adrian Newey. It's expected to lap Silverstone faster than an F1 car and will look something like a cross between F1 and LMP1. Oh, and it'll be road legal. Sounds trick!
I have doubt's about this claim . Especially given it's supposed to be a 2 seater.

Unless they are going down the Caparo T1 route (with the advantage that engine power, and vehicle mass are largely un-regulated on the road) it's not really physically possible in my opinion.

You will need a power to weight ratio of at least 1.3hp/kg and a cornering downforce to weight ratio of well over 1kgf/kg. If they manage a 900kg car that corresponds to nearly 1200hp and 900kgf of downforce. Dreaming if you ask me.
Not the engineer at Force India

FrukostScones

So Mateschitz bought Aston Martin and sponsors Red Bull. :wink:
Who else can fund Neweys wet dreams, certainly not a walking dead company.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

SiLo

Work colleague told me one of his friends works at Aston Martin on Special Projects and that his new boss was Adrian Newey.

Apparently Newey has asked for a specific shape of windscreen, but they are struggling to get a windscreen wiper on it because of the shape!
Felipe Baby!

gandharva

You can easily spot the huge sticker on the nose that hides the Aston Martin emblem.

Racer X

Aston Martin'....... It's gona be awkward at Australia with the Force India boys......
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

Mansell89

Anyone think Red Bull looked pretty damn tidy in Melbourne? I think Newey has given them a terrific chassis and think that with any marked step of PU improvement could get much closer to the front two teams. Not sure about beating them but certainly on some coat tails.

djos

Mansell89 wrote:Anyone think Red Bull looked pretty damn tidy in Melbourne? I think Newey has given them a terrific chassis and think that with any marked step of PU improvement could get much closer to the front two teams. Not sure about beating them but certainly on some coat tails.
Yep, looked seriously fast, even with the 3rd best PU on the grid!
"In downforce we trust"

sgth0mas

Tim.Wright wrote:
superdowg316 wrote:Also as part of the partnership will be a joint hypercar made by Aston Martin and designed by Adrian Newey. It's expected to lap Silverstone faster than an F1 car and will look something like a cross between F1 and LMP1. Oh, and it'll be road legal. Sounds trick!
I have doubt's about this claim . Especially given it's supposed to be a 2 seater.

Unless they are going down the Caparo T1 route (with the advantage that engine power, and vehicle mass are largely un-regulated on the road) it's not really physically possible in my opinion.

You will need a power to weight ratio of at least 1.3hp/kg and a cornering downforce to weight ratio of well over 1kgf/kg. If they manage a 900kg car that corresponds to nearly 1200hp and 900kgf of downforce. Dreaming if you ask me.
Early claims state they will rely heavily on ground effect...so the aerodynamic efficiency of this car should theoretically be higher. F1 cars are pretty "draggy"...so the power to weight comparison is not apples to apples.

I don't know if they can make it happen...but unrestrained development will make things a lot different. I think this is almost a statement to F1 management to show just what can be done.

I do wonder if there are any engine parallels...hybrid systems...etc.

lio007

Really looking forward to todays Sport & Talk of RedBull's TV-Channel ServusTV. It's about RBR's base in Milton Keynes.

ME4ME

Ferrari: Red Bull pace proves engine deal would've been "a mistake"
http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ferra ... ke-688347/
"We would have made an enormous mistake," explained Marchionne about the prospect of having supplied Red Bull with engines.

"That said, they should not be in front of us, and this confirms the mistakes made [in qualifying]."
Interesting comment. I guess Red Bull's performance left an impression.

He basically admits to his drivers underperforming in qualifying, but also he seems to imply that Red Bull would out-perform Ferrari if they were to have the same unit. This surely must raise some questions about still not having the best chassis.

Also in my oppinion this statement sorts of confirms Red Bull's claim that they were denied a PU on performance grounds. That Ferrari were scared to give away their advantage.

Juzh

ME4ME wrote: this statement sorts of confirms Red Bull's claim that they were denied a PU on performance grounds. That Ferrari were scared to give away their advantage.
Imagine everyone's surprise.