2016 Red Bull Racing team - TAG Heuer

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
turbof1

Re: 2016 Red Bull Racing team - TAG Heuer

ME4ME wrote:
Also in my oppinion this statement sorts of confirms Red Bull's claim that they were denied a PU on performance grounds. That Ferrari were scared to give away their advantage.
I don't believe Ferrari ever denied that and even openly stated this (probably a bit more flowered, but still).
#AeroFrodo

giantfan10
giantfan10

Juzh wrote:
ME4ME wrote: this statement sorts of confirms Red Bull's claim that they were denied a PU on performance grounds. That Ferrari were scared to give away their advantage.
Imagine everyone's surprise.
Those are my sentiments exactly lol Mercedes or Ferrari would be complete fools to give the manufacturer with one of the largest budgets in F1 the means to beat them.

ME4ME

Juzh wrote:
ME4ME wrote: this statement sorts of confirms Red Bull's claim that they were denied a PU on performance grounds. That Ferrari were scared to give away their advantage.
When Newey first stated that Ferrari wouldn't supply them because they were scared of the teams potential he got lots of critisism. It was basically popular to bash Red Bull at the time .. so I honestly don't know what people were thinking at the time. But at least it's pretty clear now :)

giantfan10
giantfan10

ME4ME wrote:
Juzh wrote:
When Newey first stated that Ferrari wouldn't supply them because they were scared of the teams potential he got lots of critisism. It was basically popular to bash Red Bull at the time .. so I honestly don't know what people were thinking at the time. But at least it's pretty clear now :)
What do you think the reason was that Mercedes didnt supply them either?

ME4ME

giantfan10 wrote:
ME4ME wrote:
Juzh wrote: Imagine everyone's surprise.
What do you think the reason was that Mercedes didnt supply them either?
To me it was clear from the start that it was because of performance reasons. I don't blame Merc/Ferrari either.

McG

Wondering why they showed very little of Ricciardo testing the windscreen. They didn't show anywhere near a full lap. It looked really good. Is this another Bernie instruction to not show the full lap because he doesnt like the idea?
F1 is dead.

Gothrek
Gothrek

The question of this season will be: Will Kvyat still be in the car next season? 2 very rookie mistakes in 2 races...

djos

Gothrek wrote:The question of this season will be: Will Kvyat still be in the car next season? 2 very rookie mistakes in 2 races...
He's certainly not covering himself in glory atm, unless he has a spectacular 2nd half of the year I'd be shocked if he wasn't let go.
"In downforce we trust"

WaikeCU

I don't want to point fingers, but I don't think Daniil is a horrible driver. Sometimes eventually drivers will make mistakes just like Grosjean ever did and that didn't happen once, but multiple times. Daniil created some chaos at the start by bumping into Seb and got caught in this own mess he created himself by bumping Seb for the second time. Beating his teammate last season wasn't just a coincidence, because Daniel ain't no easy teammate either. For me he's still a natural racer, so I don't want to jump conclusions. So let's wait it out.

djos

He beat Ricciardo on points last year because Dan R took one for the team and raced the new Renault PU. Ricciardo also had more serious PU failures than Kyvat.
"In downforce we trust"

Juzh

djos wrote:He beat Ricciardo on points last year because Dan R took one for the team and raced the new Renault PU. Ricciardo also had more serious PU failures than Kyvat.
Not to mention the hungary fiasco with rosberg and hamilton doing their best to wipe ric out of the race. Basically, rarely did kvyat actually beat ricciardo on pure pace. If ever? Not sure.

ME4ME

djos wrote:He beat Ricciardo on points last year because Dan R took one for the team and raced the new Renault PU. Ricciardo also had more serious PU failures than Kyvat.
Juzh wrote:Not to mention the hungary fiasco with rosberg and hamilton doing their best to wipe ric out of the race. Basically, rarely did kvyat actually beat ricciardo on pure pace. If ever? Not sure.
Exactly.

I also struggle with the idea expessed by some that after a slow start Kvyat came good at the end of last season. Personally I think he was just as error phrone at the end of 2015 then he was at the start. He made some massive blunders at Suzuka and Cota. He still needs time to mature as a driver. Not sure if he gets it.

basti313
basti313

Gothrek wrote:The question of this season will be: Will Kvyat still be in the car next season? 2 very rookie mistakes in 2 races...
No. This is not the question of this season. It is pretty clear since the end of last season, that Ves will be in the RedBull next season. And I think this is what we see from Kvyat at the moment...he is under pressure to get a seat next year.

On the other hand there is no way at the moment for a mid-season sack. This would need a driver for the second Torro, who would be destroyed without pre season testing to get familiar with the car.
So I think Russia has not changed anything.
Don`t russel the hamster!

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Better believe it.

Marko has done it before. Remember Sebastian Bourdais? He got friggin text-dumped.
Then Jaime Alguersuari got his seat.
Not much later, Jaime got dumped because he supposedly 'blocked' Vettel and bigmouthed or atleast stroke Marko's ego the wrong way.
Given, Jaime finished the season off, but Bourdais didn't. So better believe that it would happen.
And i'd say Kvyat is contractually bound to RedBull. So alltogether, Marko can dump him in the Toro Rosso, so there would not be the problem of an 'unexperienced' driver @ Toro Rosso.
I don't really think Kvyat would bend and break, so i'd assume he's out.
and as a matter of fact, Pierre Gasly is ready to enter.

Kvyat has been a wreck this season. Last race he was approached by vettel on his actions and he acted like it was nothing. He has had multiple 'incidents' throughout this F1 season not excluding practice and qualifying incidents. Russian GP was a mess. To be honest, i actually think he hit Vettel 3 times, i'm actually 99% certain. He hit vettel bad enough at the first corner, then before that corner was good and all done he hit Vettel's right rear wheel with his front left bargeboard, you can see in replay carbon bits flying. Then next corner he just slams into Vettel.
rediculous. I don't know what he was thinking or doing but that was just a total mess. And then we're not even mentioning screwing up Daniel Ricciardo.
Vettel publicly going for an explenation from Horner shows the intensity. But from the Kvyat postrace interview i didn't really get a driver that felt bad. All i saw was a arrogant driver that simply talks to the media to say what the team wants to hear, but all i got was somebody acting like 'blahblah this is over in 10 mins so yadayada'.

Helmut Marko stating he told him 'one word' after the Russian GP and that he's going to have a hefty conversation tells me there's quite some heat there.

Meanwhile, Toro Rosso isn't serving Max the material to shine in, even though their hands are tied a bit with the '15 Ferrari engine.
I wouldnt be surprised if Verstappen actually is handed the RedBull car of kvyat next race, i actually think he'd be a better pair with Ricciardo.
Hell, i'd put Sainz in that seat over Kvyat without hesitation even.

Spain: Max Verstappen to RedBull, Kvyat out, Gasly to Toro Rosso.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

superdowg316

He's technically only hit a car twice this season, remember China was an ambitious move that caught Seb off guard. I don't get this talk of being dropped. Marko was the one who signed him up in the first place because Kvyat dominated his 2nd or 3rd ever F3 race when he was virtually unknown (someone correct that for me if I'm wrong). This "talk" will be nothing more than a stern warning not to make decisions that jepodise the team during the race and he'll be driving a Red Bull for 17 more races at least, Verstappen will be driving a Toro Rosso for the next 17 races at least and that will be it.
Friendship with Honda ended, Renault is my new (and more reliable) friend.