2016 Red Bull Racing team - TAG Heuer

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
ME4ME

Re: 2016 Red Bull Racing team - TAG Heuer

djos wrote:Max might want to get some sleep or he is going to have a very bad weekend!
https://twitter.com/NobleF1/status/729778563176615936
Red Bull ain't help you sleep, that's for sure :mrgreen:

Godius

rscsr wrote:I absolutely think that Max Verstappen has to match Daniel Ricciardo from the first race onwards. Stoffel Vandourne did match Button and he hasn't even been driving a F1 car after january. So I think that if he can't achieve the same he might be the youngest F1 driver out of F1 again.

Button was heading for 6th place finish in Bahrain but had an retirement, while Stoffel nearly got in the points.

Andres125sx

SR71 wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:
Starscreamer wrote:
1. Before the crash he was driving like a champ (have you seen his race before the crash???? )
2. Rookie mistake
3. Sainz was slow at that point, but he should actually overtake by himself.
1. IMHO driving like a champ does not include colliding. It doesn´t matter how well you did it if you don´t see the checkered flag because you crashed. To finish first, you first need to finish.
2. Agree
3. Sainz was slow at that point... because he was stuck behind traffic. Max complained (as usual) trying to obtain one of those frequent presents from the wall (Carlos, let Max pass), but since he didn´t get it, he tried to overtake by himself, and almost ruin the race for the whole team when he crashed with his team mate

Anycase I think these are normal mistakes for someone that young. Including his arrogance. The problem becomes more serious when the team does not stop him and even promote it. Because disobeying TOs and the team doing nothing is exactly that, specially when his team mate let him pass several times before he was asked to do the same.

The message is crystal clear: you can do whatever you want, even disobeying those who pay your salary. I don´t think that´s the best approach to manage an almost adolescent character.

IMHO these kind of approach is very risky, specially for the driver. If he really is as good as some think then teams will cope with that problematic character, but if he´s not then his F1 career could be really short, because no F1 team will cope with someone who disobey TOs if he´s not one of the fastest F1 drivers out there.

For RBR that´s not a problem tough, as they only want winners and if you´re not they have lots of drivers to replace you. Max and Jos should keep this in mind before doing in RBR what they did in STR.

Max is being promoted for acting the way he has, he has nothing to be careful of.

From what I understand it was actually Carlos that has broken the interteam agreements first in both '15 and '16.
:wtf: #-o

Please elaborate, if you can...

Vasconia

ringo wrote:To me both are very equal drivers but Max takes more chances. This gives him that X factor that you see with most champions. He is more fearless than Carlos. Carlos, being older, is more methodical about his work and seems to be looking on long term career and he avoids making blunders which would somewhat tarnish his reputation. I don't see much difference between them talent wise. Max just has a knack for grasping the opportunities without second guessing.
There is a risk of his career being burning out quicker than Carlos'.

As for Daniil, i think this guy is going to transform into a beast back at torro rosso. I'm going to bet that he makes it on the podium another time before Ricciardo and Max do.
I would like to see this, just to see some surprised faces in RB haha :mrgreen:

rscsr

Godius wrote:
rscsr wrote:I absolutely think that Max Verstappen has to match Daniel Ricciardo from the first race onwards. Stoffel Vandoorne did match Button and he hasn't even been driving a F1 car after january. So I think that if he can't achieve the same he might be the youngest F1 driver out of F1 again.

Button was heading for 6th place finish in Bahrain but had an retirement, while Stoffel nearly got in the points.
Button retired on lap 7 with Vandoorne right behind him and both on the same strategy.

Sevach
Sevach

http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/opini ... ine-update

Article on the new Renault, 30 horses expected.

flynfrog

SR, Andres,

Give up on your driver arguments nobody cares but you two. I have deleted the posts please don't make more.

Webber2011
Webber2011

Sevach wrote:http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/opini ... ine-update

Article on the new Renault, 30 horses expected.
Wow !
30 hp is a significant jump I would think.

Do any of you guys have an idea if this is possible from the upgrade in the article, or is it wishful thinking ?

Andres125sx

flynfrog wrote:SR, Andres,

Give up on your driver arguments nobody cares but you two. I have deleted the posts please don't make more.
I had no arguments here, I was only asking for clarification about a statement wich, IMHO, was bold and free. This one
SR71 wrote:From what I understand it was actually Carlos that has broken the interteam agreements first in both '15 and '16.
As I can´t see one single reason to state it was Carlos who broke anything. But I agree this is OT, so let´s move on :)

Thunder

turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

George-Jung
George-Jung

So what is the general opinion about Max's first RB outing?

I think he did incredibly good, stayed within 0,2.. very impressive so far.

iotar__

George-Jung wrote:So what is the general opinion about Max's first RB outing?

I think he did incredibly good, stayed within 0,2.. very impressive so far.
~ one tenth more and he's on Kvyat's level (Russia):
Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull Racing 1:39.084 +1.501s 34
Daniil Kvyat Red Bull Racing 1:39.193 +1.610s 32

It's free practice FFS.

bill shoe
bill shoe

I'll be watching the Max vs Daniel qualy battle this weekend for sure, it will be interesting.

But remember Max has a long-term contract in his pocket now with a guaranteed Red-Bull drive. He does not need to go out this weekend and beat any particular person. He can get to know the car a little bit over the next two or three races and work up to it as he wants, perhaps even sandbag a bit to throw off Ricciardo.

I'm a Ricciardo fan but I won't read much into it if Ricciardo beats Max this weekend. Yes by the end of the season we'll know the story.

SR71

bill shoe wrote:I'll be watching the Max vs Daniel qualy battle this weekend for sure, it will be interesting.

But remember Max has a long-term contract in his pocket now with a guaranteed Red-Bull drive. He does not need to go out this weekend and beat any particular person. He can get to know the car a little bit over the next two or three races and work up to it as he wants, perhaps even sandbag a bit to throw off Ricciardo.

I'm a Ricciardo fan but I won't read much into it if Ricciardo beats Max this weekend. Yes by the end of the season we'll know the story.

Ricciardo's stock could fall rapidly tomorrow. At least RB keep the season interesting and thank god its not because of dancing this season.

TwanV
TwanV

I wouldn't count on it, Ricciardo has won his place and duly so. I think this will be a line up for a season or three..(and RB being clinical as they are need that IMHO) I doubt verstappen can beat him on a regular basis at this point, lets see in a year or two. Whatever people say, red bull have shown their cards haven't they? The pressure is on with TR but more in an engineering sense than otherwise. Sorry for the Kvyat supporters but he's a nice fellow with good speed but nowhere near as thrilling as our champion contenders at the moment in terms of social value.. It's hard to put your finger on things subjective but kvyat isn't on the news because he's fast, sadly, although he is. Same for CS, via reaction to all this reveals a big heart, I won't be surprised if he performs much better now that the MV hype is off his shoulders
Last edited by TwanV on 14 May 2016, 02:24, edited 2 times in total.