2016 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team - Ferrari

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
FW17

Re: 2016 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team - Ferrari

Torri Rosso design office is in the UK, so is James Key, so is the the wind tunnel they use.

GPR-A duplicate2

Aha... Ferrari again !!! Why should Red Bull have all the fun. :)
ALLISON TO REPLACE ARRIVABENE AS FERRARI TEAM CHIEF?

This is the most interesting part !!!
It goes on to suggest that, to fill Allison’s current position, Ferrari could re-hire Aldo Costa, its former designer who is now working with roaring success at dominant champions Mercedes.

Autosprint even said an agreement between Ferrari and Mercedes could be reached so that Costa does not need to serve the customary ‘gardening leave’.

ME4ME

I don't see the point in this to be honest. James Allison is a great technical guy, why put him in the firing line in the political world that is F1? He can do a much better job as Technical Director.

The only good thing about such a move would be to take away Aldo Costa from Mercedes.

Please pass me the salt!

Vasconia

GPR-A wrote:Aha... Ferrari again !!! Why should Red Bull have all the fun. :)

It goes on to suggest that, to fill Allison’s current position, Ferrari could re-hire Aldo Costa, its former designer who is now working with roaring success at dominant champions Mercedes.

Autosprint even said an agreement between Ferrari and Mercedes could be reached so that Costa does not need to serve the customary ‘gardening leave’.
Why would Costa like to re-join Ferrari after he was sacked and blamed for the lack of success?

GPR-A duplicate2

Vasconia wrote:

Why would Costa like to re-join Ferrari after he was sacked and blamed for the lack of success?
At this point, it is all rumors I guess. But, there is a reason why Costa would want to go back to Maranello. It was the previous management that sacked him and new management might be more appeasing? May be they understand, it was a mistake to have fired him. After all the guy has proved that it was indeed a mistake.
But then again, what has really changed for Costa to go back, other than the management? Interesting development, if it comes to fruition.

f1316

The Costa part is rubbished by Motorsport:

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/analy ... et-735206/

Does seem unnecessarily hasty and bolstering rather than reorganising does seem more sensible (Mercedes have built their success on a lot of technical strength in depth).

I'm sure I'm not the only one who's thought for a while Key would be the next big guy. His Saubers were innovative and, since he went to Torro Rosso, they have gone from strength to strength whereas Sauber have floundered . Don't think that's a coincidence.

It does occur to me now that Allison handed over responsibility for the race team to Jock Clear in 2016, since which time their race execution has been fairly poor. Probably a bit of bedding in going on but another change/result which may not be completely coincidental.

giantfan10

Australia is the only poor race execution by the pit wall... the rest are mechanical issues and Kvyat...

f1316

giantfan10 wrote:Australia is the only poor race execution by the pit wall... the rest are mechanical issues and Kvyat...
Not at least trying to get through Q2 in China seemed a fairly major oversight which ended up making little difference for other reasons but didn't seem like the actions of an optimal operation.

Juzh

Arivabene's replacement at ferrari:

https://twitter.com/FiftyBuckss/status/ ... 1754782720

George-Jung

Vasconia wrote:

Because Ferrari is Costa's 1st and only true love.. He said it when he was sacked and he even suggested back than that he could return in the future.

Fer.Fan

Third row in Spain qualify... Disaster!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well done by Redd Bull =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

And Ferrari president talks about victory. Another write of season for Ferrari...

mika vs michael

It was evident and clear from the beginning that even if Ferrari was closer this year still was too far behind to challenge Mercedes...Barcelona is the track that judges general competitiveness and it proves that chassis and aero wise Redbull is clearly better. Ferrari should put focus on 2017 while trying to develop the engine and the 2016 car but switch most focus to 2017.
"It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal." Stirling Moss

I tried this and I had understeer, I tried that and I had oversteer, at the end of the corner I just run out of talent

mika vs michael

If James Allison can play the role of a Ross Brawn then why not become Team Prinicipal.
"It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal." Stirling Moss

I tried this and I had understeer, I tried that and I had oversteer, at the end of the corner I just run out of talent

ME4ME

Ferrari screwed up massivly today, and probably ruined their weekend.

But all is not lost yet. They showed good pace in FP3. The potential is there.
It looks like today Ferrari had issues similar to what Mercedes experienced in Singapore 2015. Conditions just went away from them. No heads need to role just yet - especially not the team principle's who has nothing to do with car & tyre setup.

f1316

ME4ME wrote:Ferrari screwed up massivly today, and probably ruined their weekend.

But all is not lost yet. They showed good pace in FP3. The potential is there.
It looks like today Ferrari had issues similar to what Mercedes experienced in Singapore 2015. Conditions just went away from them. No heads need to role just yet - especially not the team principle's who has nothing to do with car & tyre setup.
Right, it can happen, but they seem to be struggling to get the best from the package consistently and I can't help but think the race team is not performing as well as last year. as opposed to the car being poor - I actually think it seems on the whole closer to the pace last year - but they are making set up/tyre/strategy mistakes.

Obviously crashes and reliability also don't help but that's understandable, these kind of set up dead ends shouldn't happen.