2016 Force India Racing F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Cold Fussion
Cold Fussion

Re: 2016 Aston Martin Racing F1 Team - Mercedes

Racer X wrote:
Cold Fussion wrote:If Aston Martin cannot afford to title sponsor a mid field F1 team, then they absolutely cannot afford a proper LMP1 program. The last time they half arsed an LMP1 project it was a complete shambles.

Which is why I don't understand why they don't take this title deal.

They can't afford anything gooD with out a huge investment which they don't want to do. Yet they say they want to be in Motor sports.....

This is practically free.
Aston Martin is already in motorsports, racing cars that look essentially the same as the cars they sell, and they are doing so in a racing series that is rapidly growing in popularity, all for (probably) less money than this deal would require.

lio007

So highly unlikely that AM enters F1 in the short term:

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2015/12/2 ... -cars.html

adrianjordan

How long before this thread gets renamed then??
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

nanocustic

Or closed, so there could be a proper one of Force India?
Meliora

raksf1
raksf1

Aston Martin confirms no to Formula 1

Read more at http://www.thisisf1.com/2015/12/24/asto ... JMVaKb5.99

ChrisF1
ChrisF1

The CEO of Aston Martin has confirmed speculation that the British luxury car manufacturer is in fact not entering F1 next year.

Negotiations about a naming sponsorship deal had obviously taken place with Force India, but a source close to Aston Martin told Sky News last week that there is "a definite inclination not to do it, in 2016 at least".

And CEO Andy Palmer is now quoted by the French-language Le Figaro: "We do not have the means to invest in F1.

"The only interest in motor sport for a brand like ours is to demonstrate the quality of our technology in road cars, but I do not see how participating in the grands prix can provide value," he added.

PlatinumZealot

Someone change the title of this thread to 2016 Aston Martin Racing Speculation. This is going on too long. Where are the Moderators?
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

stop crying like a baby. it was a very big possibility that it would actualyl become so, as much as that it was almost already a done deal. instead it turns out aston martin backed out.

the thread title will be changed now. dont get your panties all in a bunch. breathe, no life is lost. jeesh.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Sombrero
Sombrero

Probably the engine was way too expensive...

Merry X-Mas.

Racer X

Manoah2u wrote:stop crying like a baby. it was a very big possibility that it would actualyl become so, as much as that it was almost already a done deal. instead it turns out aston martin backed out.

the thread title will be changed now. dont get your panties all in a bunch. breathe, no life is lost. jeesh.

I'm sad about the livery not changing I would have enjoyed that much but Force India is still the same team the only thing Aston was bringing was their name...... lol oh well.

Bye bye Aston Martin Force India will still race and race good.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

superdowg316

ChrisF1 wrote:
The CEO of Aston Martin has confirmed speculation that the British luxury car manufacturer is in fact not entering F1 next year.

Negotiations about a naming sponsorship deal had obviously taken place with Force India, but a source close to Aston Martin told Sky News last week that there is "a definite inclination not to do it, in 2016 at least".

And CEO Andy Palmer is now quoted by the French-language Le Figaro: "We do not have the means to invest in F1.

"The only interest in motor sport for a brand like ours is to demonstrate the quality of our technology in road cars, but I do not see how participating in the grands prix can provide value," he added.
So basically if F1 didn't ban every new bit of technical innovation and restrict development for "fan excitement and close" (even though its inevitable to stop one or more teams from being dominant unless becoming a spec series ala Champ Car and IndyCar), Aston would've entered?
Friendship with Honda ended, Renault is my new (and more reliable) friend.

Racer X

Sergio Perez will be racing an Aston Martin at the Daytona 24hours race this January 30&31st. This deal was probably made before they backed out. It's good practice for Sergio and good promotion for Telmex and Aston Martin the Latin American market is quite large. Also their going to be in the US so why wouldn't you promote each other tho it has nothing to do with Force India at this point.

But it is team news to see one of the drivers race. Like when Hulk raced for his 24 hour competition. Which by the way he won!

Sidhartha.techie
Sidhartha.techie

Racer X wrote:Sergio Perez will be racing an Aston Martin at the Daytona 24hours race this January 30&31st. This deal was probably made before they backed out. It's good practice for Sergio and good promotion for Telmex and Aston Martin the Latin American market is quite large. Also their going to be in the US so why wouldn't you promote each other tho it has nothing to do with Force India at this point.

But it is team news to see one of the drivers race. Like when Hulk raced for his 24 hour competition. Which by the way he won!
I thought he was just a part of the project but not in racing capability
"ok Lewis, it's hammer time"
" Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." - Aryton Senna

pob

Yes, it's Sergio Perez's brother Antonio who will be racing with a couple of other Mexicans and Lars Viljoen. If Sergio wants a sneaky turn at the wheel it'll have to be in Raikkonen's gorilla suit, as the two brothers don't look that similar.

Racer X

http://m.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/122335

Yes you are correct I was quoting Escudería Telmex they said he was driving in the Category on their Facebook account. I suppose their media guy just simply typed something up quickly and I didn't research to verify it's vilidity or details of such an announcement.

I will no longer trust the Escudería Telmex account the other day they posted about the Aston Deal as if it was going to happen (right after their CEO said it wasnt') sorry guys I should have researched it further. Telmex is not a credible source at this point in my opinion.