2016 Haas F1 Team - Ferrari

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
f1316

Re: 2016 Haas F1 Team - Ferrari

Manoah2u wrote:http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/haas- ... ontent=www

ok NOW im gonna support this team.

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Maybe it's a silly thing, but Anglo-American? Yes they have a base in Banbury but the chassis is Dalara and all the other components Ferrari - you could just as easily call them Italian-American!

I don't know, I just find it annoying the way the British press (I am British btw) always harp on about how much of F1 is based in Britain - and seem quite resentful of anything from elsewhere.

Racer X

The mighty American Team is practically Italian Ferrari and Dallara have built the Car.

Also they have French and Mexican drivers'.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

godlameroso

And a German team principal.
Saishū kōnā

ripper

Steiner is italian, not german even if the name isn't exactly italian :D

munudeges

f1316 wrote:I don't know, I just find it annoying the way the British press (I am British btw) always harp on about how much of F1 is based in Britain - and seem quite resentful of anything from elsewhere.
That's because it is. Anyone who has based themselves outside of Britain, such as Toyota, have run into major trouble over recruitment. Even Ferrari do.

Pierce89

Racer X wrote:The mighty American Team is practically Italian Ferrari and Dallara have built the Car.

You do realize the team is based in the US?
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

FW17

Pierce89 wrote:
Racer X wrote:The mighty American Team is practically Italian Ferrari and Dallara have built the Car.

You do realize the team is based in the US?
And bills paid in $

F1NAC

Putting some stickers on their trucks. White red livery car livery?

f1316

munudeges wrote:
f1316 wrote:I don't know, I just find it annoying the way the British press (I am British btw) always harp on about how much of F1 is based in Britain - and seem quite resentful of anything from elsewhere.
That's because it is. Anyone who has based themselves outside of Britain, such as Toyota, have run into major trouble over recruitment. Even Ferrari do.
And yet they still manage to be the most successful team. Torro Rosso also seem to do Ok.

Anyway, I know what you mean and agree that Britain has a lot to be proud of in this way - which is all the more reason not to over exaggerate in this instance (for all the reasons stated above, Anglo-American is a stretch).

bdr529

So what you are saying is, if things don't go right, it's not the American's that got it wrong but everyone else :D

Manoah2u

F1NAC wrote:Putting some stickers on their trucks. White red livery car livery?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CYc2UKmWQAAif-v.jpg
probably!

veeery curious to this car now!
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

dren

James Allen said it'll be yellow.
Honda!

F1NAC

dren wrote:James Allen said it'll be yellow.

Pennzoil one of their mainsponsors? they are owned by Shell

stefan_

I like how they've built up the hype around the team, giving a little bit here, a sticker there, a factory sign there. I am pretty excited to see the team on the grid this year and really hope they'll do well. Heck, I'm even waiting to buy a Haas F1 Team t-shirt :D
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Manoah2u

dren wrote:James Allen said it'll be yellow.
I have been wrong before on Haas - so obviously, could be wrong here, too.
but nothing seems to indicate even the slightest hint of yellow to actually happen.

Haas brand colours are red, white, and grey. I am kind of expecting the same for their car, really.
But it must be said - these colours, bar the red, are not really eye-catchers or grabbing focus.
Yellow most definately is.

Renault will run a yellow car. Ferrari has a red car. IF manor will run they will have a white-red-blue car , presumably.
a full white car is already out there - Williams. and a black car with red accents already exists - Mclaren.
a full blue car car - Sauber. There honestly is no colour out there not used at this point EXCEPT for GREEN.
But that would be the last colour i'd imagine them running.

so to be honest, anything goes. i've seen some wonderful renders on a yellow haas though. But the fact there is not even the slightest hint of yellow anywhere to be seen imho would kindof make it doubtfull that thatll really be the colour.
And 'ferrari yellow' is all fun and games, but Haas is not trapping itself to Ferrari too much.

this year they will run many ferrari parts and they will get ferrari feedback and have a ferrari engine. But Haas only does this to 'start out' on a solid base, they will eventually produce their parts in-house. The HAAS tool equipment certainly will be capable of such in due time when knowledge will grow. Im sure that knowledge can be then used in other US racing sports and car equipment, atleast tool machinery to produce such parts.

Which ultimately leads me to the point to say: why would HAAS go for Ferrari yellow? I would think they would choose a livery to STAY. After all, thats normal and fits with the 'main sponsor' route and with US way of things.

So reffering once again to brand recognition, and seeing red-white colours everywhere, i kind of expect a HAAS F1 car that looks like the MANORS and MARUSSIAS of before.

again, I seriously doubt MANOR will be @ the grid next year so who bothers. They're in it for the long run.

IS there a release date for the HAAS F1 presentation?
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"