2017 AMG Mercedes F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
torpor

Re: 2017 AMG Mercedes F1 Team - Mercedes

It was clear from the beginning. It's just that everybody hoped Bottas was just a distraction.

I think it's a decision made from the marketing point of view.
Hamilton is the american sportive and hip daredevil (AMG GT, S-Class Coupé target group) . Bottas the european father of a family replacing Rosberg (GLC, E-Class T target group).

No hard feelings! ;)
Last edited by torpor on 16 Jan 2017, 17:46, edited 1 time in total.

KeiKo403

Hopefully it's just a 1 year contract until all the big names are free

ojlopez

Goran2812 wrote:he has such a dull face and stance... and is a dull driver... I don't know... Ah... He will be the perfect no.2 driver for Lewis...
I think so too. I hope Bottas proves me wrong, but IMO he is not as good as HAM.

ME4ME

Toto on the livestream: "before starting, this is different format, can't be swearing this time, can't be sending greetings to our friends in Milton Keynes"

:lol:

AMG.Tzan

Brings back memories of 2008!! Hamilton loses title...his teammate leaves...new Finnish teammate comes in (Kovalainen)...Hamilton wins the title!! :P
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

Shakeman

Good luck to him, Valtteri is going to be up against Lewis with a point to prove but I don't think the cars the way they are he'll be embarrassed by Lewis.

There's only so much performance a driver can bring to these cars and it was only in the wet where Lewis was able to show the gulf in talent between him and Rosberg.

Shakeman

I just wonder if the whole Paddy to Williams and James Allison to Merc is part of a Merc grand plan?

There seems to be an almost symbiotic relationship between Williams and Merc, the only thing better than a 1/2 at a grand prix weekend for the Merc board would be a 1/2/3 of Merc powered cars and Williams being the preferred second Merc team.

How far back was Paddy's move planned and did James Allison really leave Ferrari because he wanted to be at home or was planning well ahead for taking up Paddy's position?

The Bottas move further strengthens my view that there is almost a Torro Rosso/Red Bull like relationship developing between Williams and Merc.

Is there a grand plan or just a number of coincidences that have lead to where we are today?

LookBackTime

EXCLUSIVE: First interview with Valtteri Bottas - our new driver!

Gridlock

Does he bring any personal sponsors to the team?

LookBackTime

Gridlock wrote:Does he bring any personal sponsors to the team?
Yes. $6 millions!

lio007

ME4ME wrote:Toto on the livestream: "before starting, this is different format, can't be swearing this time, can't be sending greetings to our friends in Milton Keynes"

What does that mean?

KeiKo403

lio007 wrote:
ME4ME wrote:Toto on the livestream: "before starting, this is different format, can't be swearing this time, can't be sending greetings to our friends in Milton Keynes"

What does that mean?
No idea. Maybe his jokes are as bad as skills for hiring drivers...

nokivasara

Goran2812 wrote:he has such a dull face and stance... and is a dull driver... I don't know... Ah... He will be the perfect no.2 driver for Lewis...
Fortunately he doesn't drive with his face...

So it was Bottas after all, I was hoping for it since britney left but Manoah2U almost made me doubt it at one point...
I think he'll surprice a few disbelievers once he gets adjusted to the new team. Two top teams has tried to get him, Ferrari in 2015 (or for 2015 season IIRC) and now Mercedes, that doesn't happen if you suck at driving.
I honestly think he was the best choise for Mercedes, he'll be the perfect #2 driver this year.

GrandAxe

Its weird to see Bottas posing on car number 6. That's Rosbergs number, Valtteri's is 77.

The other weird thing? It'll be 44 and 77 for Mercedes this season - two doubles.
What be the readings of star and tea leaf? Now were's Alexander the Crystal Seer, my crystal ball and the left legged shaman that can do a right legged dance? Heheh!

skoop

Hmm, in my opinin the next season will be an easy one for Hamilton if no other team can challenge the Mercs. Hopefully the Bulls, Ferrari and some miracles at McLaren and Renault will give us some fights for the win.