2017 AMG Mercedes F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Wass85

Re: 2017 F1 Pre-season testing February 27 - March 2/ March 7-10

I just wish he had the mentality and work ethic of a Michael Schumacher, he would be near enough unbeatable.

I hope the bridges have been built back up again that were damaged last year between Hamilton and the team, I want him to challenge Schumacher's records.

I for one can't wait to see him at full beans in qualifying this year, it's going to be something else.

Restomaniac

Wass85 wrote:I just wish he had the mentality and work ethic of a Michael Schumacher, he would be near enough unbeatable.

I hope the bridges have been built back up again that were damaged last year between Hamilton and the team, I want him to challenge Schumacher's records.

I for one can't wait to see him at full beans in qualifying this year, it's going to be something else.
True but that bridge was burnt from both sides. That is normally easier that when only 1 side is at fault plus one of the main protagonists is no longer there.

As you say though motivation will NOT be a problem for car 44.

Wass85

Restomaniac wrote:
Wass85 wrote:I just wish he had the mentality and work ethic of a Michael Schumacher, he would be near enough unbeatable.

True but that bridge was burnt from both sides. That is normally easier that when only 1 side is at fault plus one of the main protagonists is no longer there.
Yes it was but it does make me wonder why both McLaren and Mercedes would want to burn bridges with a driver of such quality. Hamilton should be treated like a god he has that much talent. He surely must be a pain in the arse to work with because for the life of me I can't understand why a team would want to make life hard or fall out with Hamilton, he's that good.

Vasconia

turbof1 wrote:Well, as long as we are solely voicing opinions: I myself can't shake the feeling Hamilton does have motivation issues. We saw signs lf that after he took the title in 2015, and we also saw signs when he openly stated neglecting simator practice ahead of Baku.

We also saw when Hamilton really putted his weight into it, he is an unstoppable force. Especially in the races after Japan last year.

Somebody said "from is temporary, class is permanent". Well how about this: winning is 10% talent, 90% work.

Does that I mean I think Hamilton skipping time in the car in unrepresenting condition is due a lack of motivation? No as he'd just as well could go practice in the simulator or have a meeting with his engineers to discuss working points. Do I understand people view it as a lack of motivation? Yes because Hamilton did show that in the past in my eyes.
+1.

He has openly expressed the lack of motivation to drive in yesterday´s test, so its cristal clear for me. As you have said Hamilton is altmost unstoppable when he is 100% focused. He reminds me those old school drivers who wer all about talent, motivation of passion. When the second was lacking their peformance was worse, as it happens with Lewis.

Now give him a wet race in Silverstone and I am sure he will be a beast. But in my opinión he should have showed a greater commitment .

You can always be like Kimi, he drivers and later he says that it was a stupid idea to create those artificial conditions. :mrgreen:

clipsy1H

Hamilton is like God....amazing...

WaikeCU

Vasconia wrote:
turbof1 wrote:Well, as long as we are solely voicing opinions: I myself can't shake the feeling Hamilton does have motivation issues. We saw signs lf that after he took the title in 2015, and we also saw signs when he openly stated neglecting simator practice ahead of Baku.

We also saw when Hamilton really putted his weight into it, he is an unstoppable force. Especially in the races after Japan last year.

Somebody said "from is temporary, class is permanent". Well how about this: winning is 10% talent, 90% work.

Does that I mean I think Hamilton skipping time in the car in unrepresenting condition is due a lack of motivation? No as he'd just as well could go practice in the simulator or have a meeting with his engineers to discuss working points. Do I understand people view it as a lack of motivation? Yes because Hamilton did show that in the past in my eyes.
+1.

He has openly expressed the lack of motivation to drive in yesterday´s test, so its cristal clear for me. As you have said Hamilton is altmost unstoppable when he is 100% focused. He reminds me those old school drivers who wer all about talent, motivation of passion. When the second was lacking their peformance was worse, as it happens with Lewis.

Now give him a wet race in Silverstone and I am sure he will be a beast. But in my opinión he should have showed a greater commitment .

You can always be like Kimi, he drivers and later he says that it was a stupid idea to create those artificial conditions. :mrgreen:
Kimi would have just said: "I'm just here to drive the car."

Phil

Re: 2017 AMG Mercedes F1 Team - Mercedes

<Snip>

Sorry - this post wasn't really thought through. Ignore this space. :oops:
Last edited by Phil on 03 Mar 2017, 14:40, edited 1 time in total.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

basti313

Phil wrote:Wow, where did all this hostility come from? This is the post that started it...
Wass85 wrote:For a fan Hamilton is massively frustrating. I for the life of me can't understand why he wouldn't want to spend every second possible in the car.
His work ethic, commitment and attitude is very questionable to me, it's of no surprise that he alienates himself from teams.
Yes, really strange sometimes. He is surely a polarizing figure, but no need to go nuts all the time.
Phil wrote:But this is Hamilton I guess.
I do not think this is Hamilton. He is surely not so stupid as he usually appears, so he knows very well what he is doing. For me this was a clear team decision with Ham seeing the sense of it. There was simply no need to go out and drive installation laps for him. Merc already had enough dry data, this was shown by the vote for wetting the track again. They just wanted to exploit the wet conditions. So the only thing that makes sense is to put Bottas into the car for some installation laps, to get familiar and , thus, to safe time in the afternoon on the wet track.
Don`t russel the hamster!

Phil

No no, let me clarify. This wasn't in reply to him not driving[/i] on Friday. I think that is being pulled way out of proportion. I think it was quite simple: He gave some answers the day before on the plan of running under wet conditions. Then Friday came and an [electrical] fault of some sort meant that he couldn't drive. Afternoon was Bottas turn and I absolutely agree with the team to give that time to Bottas, as he surely can use any second he can get inside that car.

No argument there.

I think I am just going to delete my post. Perhaps I'll take some time to figure out how to formulate what I wanted to and post it then. Didn't want to open up a brand new can of worms. To my defence; I started typing up this post while still being on page 24 and not reading where the discussion headed. It's probably best left where it was. :oops:
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

PlatinumZealot

turbof1 wrote:Well, as long as we are solely voicing opinions: I myself can't shake the feeling Hamilton does have motivation issues.We saw signs lf that after he took the title in 2015 , and we also saw signs when he openly stated neglecting simator practice ahead of Baku.

Does that mean I think Hamilton skipping time in the car in unrepresenting conditions, is due a lack of motivation? No as he'd just as well could go practice in the simulator or have a meeting with his engineers to discuss working points. Do I understand people view it as a lack of motivation? Yes because Hamilton did show that in the past in my eyes.
Confirmation bias again!

Alonso and Hamilton are who I consider the top drivers. Top drivers do the job that they need to do. How could Lewis have motivation issues and he is there winning in each year he has participated? When he has killed he careers of Heikki, Button, Rosberg? Even Alonso took one to ribs after 2007. Hamilton is human, no one is 100% motivated throughout their career not even Schumacher.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

turbof1

PlatinumZealot wrote:
turbof1 wrote:Well, as long as we are solely voicing opinions: I myself can't shake the feeling Hamilton does have motivation issues.We saw signs lf that after he took the title in 2015 , and we also saw signs when he openly stated neglecting simator practice ahead of Baku.

Does that mean I think Hamilton skipping time in the car in unrepresenting conditions, is due a lack of motivation? No as he'd just as well could go practice in the simulator or have a meeting with his engineers to discuss working points. Do I understand people view it as a lack of motivation? Yes because Hamilton did show that in the past in my eyes.
Confirmation bias again!

Alonso and Hamilton are who I consider the top drivers. Top drivers do the job that they need to do. How could Lewis have motivation issues and he is there winning in each year he has participated? When he has killed he careers of Heikki, Button, Rosberg? Even Alonso took one to ribs after 2007. Hamilton is human, no one is 100% motivated throughout their career not even Schumacher.
I take issue when you put specific text of me in bolt, claim it is confirmation bias and then proceed with bringing forward extremely vague arguments which have nothing to do with the period you put in bolt. If anything, that confirms your bias much more then mine.

I'll put it simple: what if there is a person in a specific sport who is 25℅ better than the next best one in his discipline. The former should, without any ilness or other factors outside his influence, win everything. Yet he only wins around 60%. It is a relative safe claim from that point the former underperformed to his capabilities and again if no ilness or other outside factors are involved, he can only look for reasons why he underperformed, to his capabilities, to his own.
#AeroFrodo

PlatinumZealot

But he already won so there is no need to perform to his full capability. Packing it up doesn't confirm the athlete has motivation issues. It is probably wise to turn things down a few notches once the job is already done.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

mkay

Unlike some of the posters here, Toto doesn't seem to have any issues with Lewis...
Wolff obviously looks beyond the glitzy persona, the tattoos and the accoutrements, to focus on what puts him really in awe of his driver: his talent.

"Seeing Lewis operate, and seeing him again this week (shakes head)," Wolff added.

"What I saw in the long runs was just the best of the whole week of testing. Just unbelievable, whatever that skill set is.

“Lewis is an exceptional individual and edgy person that when he operates on a high is unbeatable. When Lewis has that 100 per cent thing going on he is your man.

"These are the days when you know why he is in that car, and why he is the best paid driver."
http://en.f1i.com/news/260007-wolff-kno ... river.html

Phil

I like Toto. In fact, I like the whole Mercedes team. I love how that team has progressed and how Lewis as a driver has been able to grow as a persona. I don't care much for the tattoos or the bling either, but I certainly prefer that to how Lewis was at McLaren. And maybe now that Rosberg is gone, we might see a better relationship to the team without some of the implied favoritism (regardless if true or not). This 2017 could be a fresh start for the entire team.

Does anyone know about if the garage has been shuffled again or is it the same as 2016?
#Team44 supporter

PlatinumZealot

Wolff obviously looks beyond the glitzy persona, the tattoos and the accoutrements, to focus on what puts him really in awe of his driver: his talent.

"Seeing Lewis operate, and seeing him again this week (shakes head)," Wolff added.

"What I saw in the long runs was just the best of the whole week of testing. Just unbelievable, whatever that skill set is.

“Lewis is an exceptional individual and edgy person that when he operates on a high is unbeatable. When Lewis has that 100 per cent thing going on he is your man.

"These are the days when you know why he is in that car, and why he is the best paid driver."

Ominous... 8)

As for Bottas his times were obviously dropping off badly compared to Lewis. He looked shaken in his interview like he don't know what hit him. It could be the first time he is up against a teammate of this cailbre. He will catch up in time though.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏