2017 AMG Mercedes F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Moose

Re: 2017 AMG Mercedes F1 Team - Mercedes

WaikeCU wrote:
12 Oct 2017, 21:55
Look who we have here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-dii4gCsUM

Seriously can't wait to pick up this game!
I'll stick with PC2 thanks.

Phil

NathanOlder wrote:
15 Oct 2017, 23:26
Dan will certainly help sell a shed load of Mercedes cars in Australia for sure.
Yeah hum, no. You are severely over-estimating the Australian market potential there. For one, import/luxury-tax on prestige cars and two, the market is not all that big. International marketability is much more important. Again, I'm not saying Dan isn't marketable. It just seems the hype train is following young Max for various reasons and that is where the focus will likely be.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

Manoah2u

To be very honest, i think Danny should stay at RedBull. His character, persona, and capabilities come out the best at RedBull because they don't act or behave to fit a corporate image.
let's just say that guys like Bottas and Rosberg fit much better with Mercedes because they have no problem turning 'grey' and 'colourless'. I think Hamilton is only allowed to be like he is because he's just so damn fast and brings in WDC's and WCC like it's 'no sweat'.

The fun and games and lighthearted freedom of behaviour he enjoys (max likewise) will not be happening at all at Mercedes. far from it.
It would take a good amount of fun away and Danny is one of the happiest funniest guys smiling about on the paddock. RedBull is known for their open approach.

As for Ferrari, i think that would be similar to Mercedes, only more of a pressurised stressed 'fear' inducing melting pot where there is no Danny only a Ferrari servant. Ferrari runs their
team like it's some sacred religion. Again, i think RedBull's approach and environment is much better. It might not matter much for guys like Kimi, Bottas, etc. but i think it would ruin or hurt
Danny in some areas.

RedBull imho then is the best place to stay. Other teams that have shown 'similar' lightheartedness was Lotus, which is now Renault (enstone). I don't know if the current ownership is open for that stuff, but they might. There's no room there now nor is it progress but it's rather mentioning a team where you can be less 'corporate grey' and less 'serious'.

I think with Ron Dennis gone, Mclaren might be going into interesting directions and one could wonder if a change from an almost 'nazi' regime to a fun environment could motivate the team in bringing them further and to break the demotivation after the honda disappointment. If the Renault engine delivers and the Mclaren can fight for the WDC, then i think IF danny wants to leave RedBull, then Mclaren would be a better option than either Mercedes or Ferrari, apart from the fact that Mercedes is so much stronger still, but things can change suddenly anyway.

I also wonder whether Mercedes' would be willing to replace Bottas with Danny in 2019 - that is, if Hamilton stays offcourse. Hamilton and Bottas work great together, there's peace and calmth in the team, and yet Bottas is still in the game for the WDC in his first year with the team. I'm expecting him to be even stronger next year and then why would there be any reason for Mercedes to break that harmony?
Again, unless Hamilton leaves. I don't see him leaving that fast but you never know. It'll be either Ferrari or retiring from F1 alltogether, but i think he has some years in him still.
Should he leave however, then the choise will be between Verstappen and Ricciardo, and honestly, that's gonna be a tough desicion. Well, unless RedBull is supreme again and both will be staying wihout any doubt, so then Mercedes is going to have to find someone else. I wouldn't know who though.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

NathanOlder

The thing is, if Verstappens contract is tight and he is there until the end of 19, Ricciardo is going to be available a year earlier if im correct.

So if you were Mercedes or Ferrari, it will be a choice of Ricciardo now "19 season" or Max a year later "2020 season" plus Max is no guarantee as he may stay where he is or join the rivals. So I think Daniel makes a better choice and his contract will tie in to when Bot and Rai contracts currently end.

I think Daniel to Mercedes in 2019 alongside Lewis after he agrees a new 3yr deal, and Leclerc to Ferrari in 2019 alongside Seb.
I've noticed how friendly Dan is with Toto in the paddock and also appears to get on well with Lewis (the iphone moment on the podium) so is a good fit.

Surely Daniel will get an offer from Red Bull and both Ferrari and Mercedes so he can almost choose from the 3. When its Max's turn, he will have maybe 2 at best to choose from and as i said Ferrari must have a plan for Leclerc so the longer it goes, the more chance of the red bull guys missing a ferrari seat. The it could basically be simple for Max,
Max will have no choice but to stay at Red Bull unless he goes to Mclaren or Renault depending on how good those 2 teams are in a few years.

Mods, sorry if this is better suited to the Silly season thread. Feel free to move it. Thanks.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

GPR-A duplicate2

NathanOlder wrote:
17 Oct 2017, 19:07
So if you were Mercedes or Ferrari, it will be a choice of Ricciardo now "19 season" or Max a year later "2020 season" plus Max is no guarantee as he may stay where he is or join the rivals. So I think Daniel makes a better choice and his contract will tie in to when Bot and Rai contracts currently end.
I am 200% certain that, Ferrari would hire neither Ricciardo nor Max when they would become available, at least until 2021. Most likely, Perez has better chances than Ric or Max. If Mercedes dumps Bottas, he would probably be snapped by Ferrari.

NathanOlder

GPR-A wrote:
17 Oct 2017, 19:18
NathanOlder wrote:
17 Oct 2017, 19:07
I am 200% certain that, Ferrari would hire neither Ricciardo nor Max when they would become available, at least until 2021. Most likely, Perez has better chances than Ric or Max. If Mercedes dumps Bottas, he would probably be snapped by Ferrari.
You are saying that because? Vettel wouldn't want either in his team ? Or am i missing something
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

SiLo

What's really interesting is that there are clearly 4 WDC quality drivers, potentially 5 if Bottas is faster next year. That means some of the top 3 teams are going to have to house a pair of these drivers and may see some intra-team fighting a-la Lewis and Nico.

I just want to see other drivers in the same team fighting for once, it always makes for an exciting and drama filled year.
Felipe Baby!

Wynters

SiLo wrote:
19 Oct 2017, 14:24
I just want to see other drivers in the same team fighting for once, it always makes for an exciting and drama filled year.
Agreed. Imagine if Perez and Ocon had been in the Mercedes or the Ferrari this year...

SiLo

Wynters wrote:
19 Oct 2017, 15:05
SiLo wrote:
Agreed. Imagine if Perez and Ocon had been in the Mercedes or the Ferrari this year...
The press would have a field day! Every two weeks...
Felipe Baby!

Restomaniac

Wynters wrote:
19 Oct 2017, 15:05
SiLo wrote:
Ferrari and Mercedes would have hit them with the 'behave stick' far earlier. That was half the problem FI gave them both far too much latitude for far too long.

NathanOlder

In the drivers press conference today, Lewis said he has been driving an F1 car on an oval recently.

I've not heard anything about it? Anyone shed any light on this?
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

Manoah2u

Perhaps a marketing thing, surely an older model F1 car. I wouldn't look into it too much.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

NathanOlder

Yeah, it would just be nice to see an F1 car on an oval.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

Dazed1

NathanOlder wrote:
19 Oct 2017, 22:16
Yeah, it would just be nice to see an F1 car on an oval.
OMG NO!

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare