2017 Red Bull Racing Team - Tag Heuer

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
ripper
ripper

Re: 2017 Red Bull Racing Team - Tag Heuer

TNTHead wrote:
13 Jun 2017, 10:22
I still wonder whether Renault has found some updates that diminishes the performance gap. At the end of the race Ricciardo was 35s behind Hamilton, which is al lot less than the >1 minute at Spain.
You have also to consider that HAM drove as fast as he could in Spain, while in Canada he run in easy mode

Godius

TNTHead wrote:
13 Jun 2017, 11:56
So you suggest the Renault engine suffers less from 'turbo lag' than the Mercedes engine? That's an interesting observation.

That drivability feature is also useful at the start. It might also give an explanation of superb start of Verstappen. He stated that he had no wheel spin at the start with immediate grip.
At the start of the season some members on this forum noted that the Renault powered cars let their wastegates open during acceleration out of slow corners. During winter testing it was already suggested that it could have a positive impact on acceleration and anti-wheelspin.

FW17

Once again these are areas of development insisted by Red Bull, if it was left to Renault who knows how much further behind they would be.

daniellammers
daniellammers

Is Max contracted to the end of 2018?
You won't catch me driving a race car that I have built.

- Colin Chapman

NathanOlder

As Stormy said in the Baku race thread, Red Bull have had some of their staff approached to join a new team, a mystery team maybe from China.
http://www.planetf1.com/news/horner-new ... ull-staff/
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

marmer
marmer

Could max be having more mechanical issues due to driving the car hard than Danny.
Danny seemingly more laid back this year not driving the nuts of the car all the time while every time you see max in the car he seems to be pushing.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Sieper

No. That is not possible. Ricci was pushing even over the limit in Q3.

GerryTT
GerryTT

I think the mapping controls the engine and the engineers control the mapping.
So, no, that's not possible .

And if it was possible, ik would say to the driver that he should adjust his driving style accordingly.

djos

So it occurred to me today that if Max really is the second coming of Senna (and he really is brilliant), Dan must be the second coming of Prost. Sure they haven't had a falling out yet, but while Max is insanely fast, he's also prone to crashing in races due to being on the ragged edge.

Dan on the other hand is fast and calculating and is always there to capitalise on others mistakes - it's not just luck, he puts in the effort and good examples are his blistering speed in Monaco to jump Max and Valteri and in Bacu he drove faultlessly through the field and put himself in position to win by making a brilliant double overtaking move on both Williams cars after the final restart.
"In downforce we trust"

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

I think Dan is more comparable to Mansell to be honest.

And Senna would have had the same result in the RedBull. You can't do anything about your material failing. Look at Lewis' headrest.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

djos

Manoah2u wrote:
27 Jun 2017, 09:56
I think Dan is more comparable to Mansell to be honest.

And Senna would have had the same result in the RedBull. You can't do anything about your material failing. Look at Lewis' headrest.
Mansell was an awesome driver, I enjoyed watching him in F1 and then Champ Car a lot.

I wasn't referring to the mechanical DNF's that max has had, they are usually beyond a driver's control. That hit with a Ferrari recently was a good example, but one he survived, albeit briefly.
"In downforce we trust"

ME4ME

Aston Martin and Cosworth join Formula 1 engine rules meeting
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/130554
A second formal meeting of what is now officially named the Power Unit Working Group was held on Tuesday, with Aston Martin, Cosworth, Zytek and Magneti Marelli attending for the first time.
This is interesting. It could point to a collaboration between Red Bull, Aston Martin and Cosworth which would make sense. Red Bull and Aston Martin already have a partnership, all they need is engine know-how. Also Cosworth is already heavily involved with the Valkery hypercar.

Maybe Red Bull has become impatient or simply doubts that the VW group or any of its entities will join F1 in the forseeable future.

lio007

ME4ME wrote:
05 Jul 2017, 17:21
Aston Martin and Cosworth join Formula 1 engine rules meeting
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/130554
A second formal meeting of what is now officially named the Power Unit Working Group was held on Tuesday, with Aston Martin, Cosworth, Zytek and Magneti Marelli attending for the first time.
This is interesting. It could point to a collaboration between Red Bull, Aston Martin and Cosworth which would make sense. Red Bull and Aston Martin already have a partnership, all they need is engine know-how. Also Cosworth is already heavily involved with the Valkery hypercar.

Maybe Red Bull has become impatient or simply doubts that the VW group or any of its entities will join F1 in the forseeable future.
That's interesting, because on monday Dr. Marko specifically mentioned Cosworth as a possible new manufacturer on ServusTV. This is not in a different light considering Cosworth attended the engine meeting.

lio007

Although the question is if Cosworth is able to produce a decent engine right from the beginning with good performance and gold reliability.

ME4ME

Highly relevant video from a view weeks back:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJ_sF4AZCnY

Mark Gallagher:
I passionately believe that Red Bull deserve their own supply unique supply of engines..