2017 Red Bull Racing Team - Tag Heuer

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
adrianjordan

Re: 2017 Red Bull Racing Team - Tag Heuer

ME4ME wrote:
05 Jul 2017, 17:21
Aston Martin and Cosworth join Formula 1 engine rules meeting
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/130554
A second formal meeting of what is now officially named the Power Unit Working Group was held on Tuesday, with Aston Martin, Cosworth, Zytek and Magneti Marelli attending for the first time.
This is interesting. It could point to a collaboration between Red Bull, Aston Martin and Cosworth which would make sense. Red Bull and Aston Martin already have a partnership, all they need is engine know-how. Also Cosworth is already heavily involved with the Valkery hypercar.

Maybe Red Bull has become impatient or simply doubts that the VW group or any of its entities will join F1 in the forseeable future.
That, or as some of us have joked, VW group is joining up with Mclaren under their Porsche brand...
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Godius

A Dutch reporter asked Verstappen what happened at the start of FP2 in Austria: http://www.ziggosporttotaal.nl/fragment ... 0-mp4.html

Q: So FP2, it took 16/17 minutes before you got out there, what was going on?
Max: Well I pushed the brake just before I wanted to drive off, tire warmers were off and the car was on. But I told the guys that there is something wrong with the brakes. So we stopped and they checked it, and it turns out the cable for the rear brakes wasn’t attached. So I didn’t have any rear brakes. I’m glad I checked before I went out there.

:shock: :shock:

Webber2011
Webber2011

Godius wrote:
08 Jul 2017, 08:58
A Dutch reporter asked Verstappen what happened at the start of FP2 in Austria: http://www.ziggosporttotaal.nl/fragment ... 0-mp4.html

Max: Well I pushed the brake just before I wanted to drive off, tire warmers were off and the car was on. But I told the guys that there is something wrong with the brakes. So we stopped and they checked it, and it turns out the cable for the rear brakes wasn’t attached. So I didn’t have any rear brakes. I’m glad I checked before I went out there.

Guy in charge of that's not feeling too good right now i guess.

Red Bull have been on top in past seasons, but there's been a few mistakes over the last year or two, both mechanically and strategically.

mclaren111

Mateschitz:
And if Red Bull is not happy with the post-2020 engine rules, Mateschitz says he could quit.
"Yes! But this is not just for Red Bull, but for the future of formula one," he said.
"You only get exciting races if there is competition. Just two drivers from one team fighting for victory is lethal to the sport, but only two teams competing is not much better," said Mateschitz.
Same old BS !!

Never heard a peep from him when they were winning !!

Wish they would just leave already !!!

iotar__

Godius wrote:

Do you think that the team or person responsible for this non story/biggest tragedy in motorsport asked Verstappen why he ended up spinning into gravel on his Q3 lap instead of being two places higher on the grid which was very much possible?

Trying to gain sympathy and attention complaining about the third best car in F1 or as Helmut Marko would put it: biting the hand than feeds ;-)

Edax
Edax

iotar__ wrote:
09 Jul 2017, 12:49
Godius wrote:

Do you think that the team or person responsible for this non story/biggest tragedy in motorsport asked Verstappen why he ended up spinning into gravel on his Q3 lap instead of being two places higher on the grid which was very much possible?

Trying to gain sympathy and attention complaining about the third best car in F1 or as Helmut Marko would put it: biting the hand than feeds ;-)
The reporter asked why he had to abandon the run and he answered honestly. Perhaps he could give a "political" answer, but I prefer honesty. I didn't find it in any way resentfull towards the team, he didn't dwell on the possible consequences the mistake could have had. If anything they joked that the responsible mechanic had to buy him a beer after the race, which to me seems like the proper response to this mistake.

Mistakes can and will happen in every team. It is a non-story, or an anekdote at most. And that is how VES and the team seem to treat it. The team seems to be pretty well balanced, talk about tensions within the team seem to more based on wishfull thinking form the likes of the Sainz family, than on the actual situation.

This interview was before Q so I have problems figuring out how you think he could have commented on his spin which happend later. For his spin he stated that he was too early on the trottle so unforced error, (which will probably cost him a couple of beers).

Thunder

Guys remember this is the Red Bull Team Thread, not McLaren.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

godlameroso

The flexy front wing endplates have been banned.
Saishū kōnā

Zynerji

godlameroso wrote:
28 Jul 2017, 02:10
The flexy front wing endplates have been banned.
:shock:

I hate mid season bans...

Cold Fussion
Cold Fussion

mclaren111 wrote:
09 Jul 2017, 09:53
Mateschitz:
And if Red Bull is not happy with the post-2020 engine rules, Mateschitz says he could quit.
"Yes! But this is not just for Red Bull, but for the future of formula one," he said.
"You only get exciting races if there is competition. Just two drivers from one team fighting for victory is lethal to the sport, but only two teams competing is not much better," said Mateschitz.
Same old BS !!

Never heard a peep from him when they were winning !!

Wish they would just leave already !!!
Why on earth would you want Red Bull to leave F1? You want one of the top 3 teams in terms of performance and size, as well as another team that continuously brings in new talent to F1, in a world where everyone and their dog complains about pay drivers, to just pack up and leave. Furthermore, the amount of marketing Red Bull do for their F1 team that directly benefits F1 as a whole is unreal and almost totally unique to them. You'll be hard pressed to present a convincing argument as to how F1 in 10 to 20 years from where Red Bull not being in F1 is a benefit to F1 as a whole. Red Bull is almost like the Audi of F1.

NathanOlder

I have to agree. Just leave already. Stop with the bitching and constant threats. Just sell it all to Honda/VAG/Toyota/BMW and make sure you take Marko with you. Boring people for sure.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

lio007

I'm sorry but I have to stress the term "embarrassing" today...

Max got a brand new ICE yesterday and after a few kilometers the fourth cylinder stopped working. I mean what are the guys at Renault doing?

There is a lot of bad-mouthing on Honda, but I have to admit, that Renault has also quite a lot of work to do to get on the same level as Ferrari and Mercedes.

It's a shame because RBR has any other Option than Renault. I can't help, I don't like this engine formula, although these PU's are masterpieces of engineering

jericho

They said it was a sparkplug that failed, that happens.. The shitty thing is, it happens to the RB13 from Max everytime something happens.

yener

They just put the sparkplug out and the sameone bag in and the engine started running again.
"Life is about passions - Thank you for sharing mine" MSC

djos

jericho wrote:
28 Aug 2017, 16:30
They said it was a sparkplug that failed, that happens.. The shitty thing is, it happens to the RB13 from Max everytime something happens.
Karma for crashing Daniel out of the last race. :mrgreen:
"In downforce we trust"