2017 Red Bull Racing Team - Tag Heuer

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
NL_Fer

Re: 2017 Red Bull Racing Team - Tag Heuer

ECU went into save mode because a sparkplug (sensor) error. They reinserted the same old plug and the engine ran just fine afterwards. Also Fail-0-Fail was a try to reset the error, but that also did not work.

Thunder

jericho wrote:
28 Aug 2017, 16:30
They said it was a sparkplug that failed, that happens.. The shitty thing is, it happens to the RB13 from Max everytime something happens.
Dan knows why.... :mrgreen: https://twitter.com/F1/status/902055765761941504
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Sieper

Max' car was still squirting though, it was just a lack of sparks flying between him and the car :-D

gandharva

Thunders wrote:
29 Aug 2017, 07:27
jericho wrote:
28 Aug 2017, 16:30
They said it was a sparkplug that failed, that happens.. The shitty thing is, it happens to the RB13 from Max everytime something happens.
Dan knows why.... :mrgreen:
https://twitter.com/F1/status/902055765761941504
https://streamable.com/5g661

:D

lio007

ExxonMobil on RBR: https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/red- ... 47627/?s=1
ExxonMobil had planned to introduce a fuel upgrade at the British Grand Prix, but it was decided to hold off on that and focus on the next step for Singapore.
The Singapore upgrade will be the last of the season, with ExxonMobil now having turned its attention to next season.
"Our direction now is waiting for the components of the next engine, so we can do single cylinder testing," said Tsurusaki.
"For this season, we're out of time to validate and approve so our focus is waiting for the new single cylinder engine and the parts to be built.
"We have four fuels ready that we think are next step improvements. We have some technology we want to test, hopefully by the end of the year, so yes, there will definitely be fuel upgrades for 2018."

lio007

A few thoughts on the current PU-Situation:
In my opinion for RBR there could be nothing better than McLaren switching from Honda to Renault as long as ToroRosso gets the Honda PU.
Maybe Honda gets their act togeher and then I think it's highly likely RBR will get the Honda works deal in 2019. It makes sense as Honda has some facilities in Milton Keynes. Red Bull Honda doesn't sound bad.

skoop

lio007 wrote:
03 Sep 2017, 10:51
A few thoughts on the current PU-Situation:
In my opinion for RBR there could be nothing better than McLaren switching from Honda to Renault as long as ToroRosso gets the Honda PU.
Maybe Honda gets their act togeher and then I think it's highly likely RBR will get the Honda works deal in 2019. It makes sense as Honda has some facilities in Milton Keynes. Red Bull Honda doesn't sound bad.
Totally agree with you. To me Red Bull are the real winners of this deal:
- they can compare the Renault engine to the Honde engine if the Honda engine gets better then the Renault engine
- their driver issues get resolved by letting Sainz go to Renault
- they can evaluate Gasly in F1 and evaluate him for next season

skoop

According to PlanetF1 (don't know how reliable they are) Renault will not supply Red Bull from 2020 onwards with engines.

Edit: If the rumors are true and Porsche has real interest in supplying/buying Red Bull they [Red Bull] are in a superb position. They have three engines to compare and can choose which works team they want to be.
Last edited by skoop on 14 Sep 2017, 11:49, edited 1 time in total.

adrianjordan

Okay, so pinch of salt given source, but Dailly Mail reporting that Renault will cease to supply RBR from 2019 onwards...
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Shakeman

BBC also reporting BR to use Honda from 2019. Interesting.

It looks like Renault ended the deal not RB. Probably signing up Honda for TR was the last straw.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/41265779

dren

Or maybe the works team doesn't want to be beaten or challenged by Red Bull in the future using their supplied PUs.
Honda!

Phil

It's interesting. One wonders if Renault gave RedBull the boot for 2019 after they had secured Sainz or before...
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

dren

Oh I am sure it was after. I don't think Renault really wanted to supply Red Bull after their nasty spat a few years ago. They just did so to keep Red Bull on the grid.
Honda!

Restomaniac

It is interesting as has been said that RB can't argue they don't have an engine they could use now as their Jr team is going to be the works Honda team. I imagine Renault were just sat smiling waiting until all the paperwork was completed before dropping this on RB.

This is Karma for RB's gobbling off and throwing Renault under the figurative bus.
I imagine Renault are rather delighted. Get an extra 2 years of RB and STR helping them test bed their engines and then it's 'bye bye' when it suits with a lovely deal with a F1 heavyweight too.

With all that said. It's now in RB's best interests to work closely with Honda even whilst the are only supplying STR.

Squid

Well, there goes RBR's safety net. I imagine they'll be doing whatever they can to make sure Honda delivers them something usable in 2019.