2017 Red Bull Racing Team - Tag Heuer

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Raleigh

Re: 2017 Red Bull Racing Team - Tag Heuer

BloodLad91 wrote:
19 Sep 2017, 21:08
Does F1 need more manufacturers?
There are only ten teams, who will they supply to support engine development?
Yes. 2 of the engine manufacturers will not supply a serious rival and the other 2 are lagging behind, this defacto limits the championship battle to two teams.

15 years ago there were 8 manufacturers and none supplied more than 2 teams total.

HPD

Gerhard Berger:

"That he is tired of Formula 1, I think is wrong," Berger told the Austrian broadcaster ORF.

"Of course, he isn't happy with the current situation of his team," the F1 legend added, saying the reason is linked to the 'power unit' era.

"But Red Bull is still a super strong team, and even in this difficult time hardly anyone has left, especially Newey at the top.

"Not having an engine that can bring title chances is of course frustrating in the long term," Berger added.

"Red Bull has always had patience, and now is when it's needed. It cannot always go well.

"It's a difficult time now, but you can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Honda coming to Toro Rosso is the start."

Honda's disastrous spell with McLaren in the past three years doesn't appear to worry Berger who firmly believes the Japanese manufacturer will eventually get its act together.

"I believe in Honda, who have a sporting culture in the company, the resources and now a team with the Red Bull mentality.

"I could imagine Honda returning to its original form and building top engines," he added.

http://en.f1i.com/news/280450-berger-de ... at-f1.html
Cyril Abiteboul:
Renault boss Abiteboul told the French magazine Auto Hebdo: "Sooner or later, Renault will have to part with Red Bull.

"But the only thing I can confirm today is that we have a contract with them for 2018."
http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns37372.html

HPD

Helmut Marko:

"We contacted Honda and did some research ourselves," explains the Red Bull Motorsportberater in an interview with ORF. "What Honda has told us, and what we have found out, makes us look optimistic about the future." As you can see from McLaren, both cars are in the top position (in the starting position in Singapore) 10, the engine is on the advance, and we know what is going on in the background. "

For Helmut Marko, 3 key factors are essential: "Honda has the financial potential and has the necessary infrastructure, you have one of the most modern engine factories with corresponding test rigs and you have completely committed yourself to the Formula 1 and want to win in a partnership, but we must address the mentality of the Japanese who, of course, are a little different than we Europeans. " The latter has driven McLaren a few times to the brink of madness.

As Motorsport.com has already revealed, Aston Martin will join the Red Bull team. "It is a financial cooperation that has nothing to do with the construction of the powertrain," assures Marko. In the past years, Red Bull had already had a similar cooperation with Nissan's Nobel brand Infiniti.

The 74-year-old once again makes clear that a real Aston Martin engine in the Formula 1 would be possible at the earliest from the season 2021. "We are looking forward to how Toro Rosso and Honda are going to work." Next year in Singapore, we are going to be the next year we'll be able to tell you what we're going to do in 2019. In September 2018, I'll be able to say what we're going to do in the 2019 season, which is a good time to see how Toro Rosso and Honda are working."

https://de.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-ma ... 18-956707/

etusch

2019 Aston Martin Redbull Honda
2020 Range Rover Aston Martin Redbull Honda
2021 ....
:)

HPD

etusch wrote:
23 Sep 2017, 15:33
2021 ....
:lol:
But I think the aston martin contract is for 1 year. (I remember reading this way)

BloodLad91

etusch wrote:
2021 ....
I think for 2021 they are planning Aston Martin badged cosworth engines, if engines are simplify for next regulations.

etusch

BloodLad91 wrote:
23 Sep 2017, 18:04
etusch wrote:
2021 ....
I think for 2021 they are planning Aston Martin badged cosworth engines, if engines are simplify for next regulations.
If Honda can't able to supply them a good engine

BloodLad91

etusch wrote:
23 Sep 2017, 18:11
BloodLad91 wrote:
23 Sep 2017, 18:04
etusch wrote:
2021 ....
If Honda can't able to supply them a good engine
Honda will be stop gap solution for 2019 , in long term they'll have Aston Martin badged cosworth engines and will be designing cosworth powered Aston Martin super/hyper cars.

JonoNic

No benefit in Honda chasing upgrades and better performance this season. Actually Mclaren should concentrate on next year's car
Always find the gap then use it.

Jolle

I don’t thing the simplification of any kind of the 2021 rules will open up a (winning) position for a company like Cosworth. Whatever the rules will be, Fiat and Mercedes will invest around 500 to 1000 million in it, if it’s a 2 cilinder air cooled or a V4 2l whatever. To compete you will need to invest anything close to that. Honda will, especially if they don’t have to fund the team like they had to with McLaren. RedBull can pay its own bills.

lio007

It's official, new title sponsorship.

http://www.redbullracing.com/article/dr ... innovation

So, a VW-deal is more or less impossible now!?

hemichromis

It would seem unlikely, Aston have a strong partnership with Mercedes, i wonder if a rebranded Mercedes engine could be on the cards for 2019?

I doubt it.

Jolle

hemichromis wrote:
25 Sep 2017, 11:51
It would seem unlikely, Aston have a strong partnership with Mercedes, i wonder if a rebranded Mercedes engine could be on the cards for 2019?

I doubt it.
Daimler only has a 5% share in Aston and supplies engines trough AMG. This is in line with the partnership between Daimler and Renault-Nissan (they exchanged around 3% shares). And partner in 4L engines.

As for the AMG supplies engines, there aren’t that much engines of that level you can buy anymore (due to environmental regulations) and its too expencive to develop yourself

adrianjordan

Aston quoted by BBC as considering developing their own F1 PU from 2021. Can't copy link as on my phone and app won't let me. It's on their F1 pages in the daily "Gossip" column.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

adrianjordan

lio007 wrote:
25 Sep 2017, 11:49
It's official, new title sponsorship.

http://www.redbullracing.com/article/dr ... innovation

http://image1.redbull.com/rbx00498/0001 ... inlogo.jpg

So, a VW-deal is more or less impossible now!?
I for one am pleased at the Aston Martin link up. Great to see another British marque in the sport.

I wonder if we'll get a new livery next year then??
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️