2017 Red Bull Racing Team - Tag Heuer

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Sevach
Sevach

Re: 2017 Red Bull Racing Team - Tag Heuer

lio007

I recently thought about their shark fin's livery:
- i don't get it why they haven't painted the bulls tail (like Toro Rosso)
- maybe it's reserved for a new bigger sponsor that will be made official jn Melbourne, something like they did with Aston Martin last year

But on the other hand, I've not read or heard any speculation or rumour of a new sponsor. Or have I missed something?

Sonador
Sonador

lio007 wrote:I recently thought about their shark fin's livery:
- i don't get it why they haven't painted the bulls tail (like Toro Rosso)
- maybe it's reserved for a new bigger sponsor that will be made official jn Melbourne, something like they did with Aston Martin last year

But on the other hand, I've not read or heard any speculation or rumour of a new sponsor. Or have I missed something?
I noticed it too.
Maybe the tail wil be back on te car, when all the other aero bits "return"?

Or maybe they will try to do a Williams 2014 in the beginning of the season, and once they have got the engine power.
Go mental/nuts on the aero side of things.

It is all speculation on my side, but they have the balls to do it i think.
It will also make overtaking or them easier compared to the others.

The current car looks so sleek, uncomplicated, love it actually.

But i find it strange that the tail is missing, glad someone else noticed it to!

Godius

The tail would most likely not have fit inside the tail fin, I'm sure they are looking for a good design before they paint a half tail on the fin (or ditch the fin entirely). Otherwise you need to rescale and reposition the logo and you'll end up like something like this (which is not that pleasing to look at either):

SF:

RB13:

ME4ME

Godius

A lot of talk over the winter from these guys that they don't like/want/need the shark fin and the t-wing. But from what I've seen so far in the Melbourne sessions the car seems very unstable at the rear.

CriXus
CriXus

Godius wrote:
25 Mar 2017, 09:35
A lot of talk over the winter from these guys that they don't like/want/need the shark fin and the t-wing. But from what I've seen so far in the Melbourne sessions the car seems very unstable at the rear.
And people still see Adrian Newey as a magician!
“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” - George Bernard Shaw

GPR-A duplicate2

CriXus wrote:
25 Mar 2017, 11:16
Godius wrote:
You people still don't understand. It is not difficult for Red Bull to bolt a lot of body work and create a great deal of downforce, but they have a BIG handicap and that is called Renault PU. Hulk in Factory Renault is 2.9 seconds behind the pole time. Sainz (TR) in the Customer Renault PU is 2.2 seconds behind and Max in RB is 1.2 seconds behind. What does that mean? It means Renault has a big power deficit to Merc and Ferrari, which forces RB to not add a lot of downforce, which will make it go painfully slow on straight and would be a sitting duck. Not bolting a lot of downforce, makes them go slower through corners. It's the best compromise that they are running.

carisi2k

GPR-A wrote:
25 Mar 2017, 11:28
CriXus wrote:
Godius wrote:
You people still don't understand. It is not difficult for Red Bull to bolt a lot of body work and create a great deal of downforce, but they have a BIG handicap and that is called Renault PU. Hulk in Factory Renault is 2.9 seconds behind the pole time. Sainz (TR) in the Customer Renault PU is 2.2 seconds behind and Max in RB is 1.2 seconds behind. What does that mean? It means Renault has a big power deficit to Merc and Ferrari, which forces RB to not add a lot of downforce, which will make it go painfully slow on straight and would be a sitting duck. Not bolting a lot of downforce, makes them go slower through corners. It's the best compromise that they are running.
While your point on the engine is a good one. I believe that Red Bull are far enough ahead of the 4th team that the extra downforce to keep the cars on the track and faster through the corners would be beneficial in their circumstances.

JonoNic

CriXus wrote:
Godius wrote:
The instability at the rear is most likely from that very short wheelbase and a still green track.
Always find the gap then use it.

Quantum

GPR-A wrote:
25 Mar 2017, 11:28
CriXus wrote:
Godius wrote:
This makes little sense when viewed in context to the results and facts we see out on track.
3 Mercedes PU's made the top 10, 3 Ferrari and 4 Renault.
If the engine was as dominant as your post is making out, Mercedes and Ferrari customers would be more prevalent in the top 10, as has been the case in 2014 through 2016.

I've have never seen a Red Bull car lose the rear going through a highspeed corner since perhaps 2009.
This is not PU related, as with a weaker PU in 2014 to 2016, they still pulled big DF numbers chasing down Mercedes.

I believe the removal of their trick suspension is having huge implications on Red Bull's set up. They were told by the FIA to remove it at the second test, and found to be 'lost' in set up.

Red Bull cannot add aero paraphernalia to it base set up with such a big change in the attitude/rake character of the car at speed.
Thats my opinion.
"Interplay of triads"

FPV GTHO
FPV GTHO

JonoNic wrote:
25 Mar 2017, 11:51
CriXus wrote:
Godius wrote:
The instability at the rear is most likely from that very short wheelbase and a still green track.
That very short wheelbase is still very long by historical standards

JonoNic

A shorter wheelbase with a wider car overall will cause more instability than a missing coat hanger wing.
Always find the gap then use it.

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

It looks like the RB is a bit of a dog if not setup correctly. Throws more fuel on the fire that previous RB success can largely be attributed to pioneering and mastering the blown diffuser.

ME4ME

Diesel wrote:
25 Mar 2017, 14:46
It looks like the RB is a bit of a dog if not setup correctly. Throws more fuel on the fire that previous RB success can largely be attributed to pioneering and mastering the blown diffuser.
The RB12 was a great car without blown diffuser. Also the RB10 was pretty decent and the RB11 in the 2nd half of the season was solid as well.