2017 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team - Ferrari

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
santos

Re: 2017 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team - Ferrari

Gridlock wrote:I thought that when Mercedes came back as a works team, Ferrari lost a lot of their cachet. We now have two global brands who were there at the birth of F1. Losing Ferrari would not hurt the product as much as before - especially as McLaren evolve into a supercar maker, and Mercedes do similar with high-end AMGs.

If Lamborghini entered, forget about it.
The history of Ferrari is F1.. I don't know many people witch i can talk about F1, if i talk about it to the most people i know, Ferrari is the name they know. They don't even know that Mercedes was in F1 in the past.
Almost everyone that follows F1, knows the story of Ferrari, i don't belive that half that people know the story of Mclaren.
Ferrari won't pull out of F1. Both would survive if that happened, but F1 would loose more.

Vasconia

GPR-A wrote:
Vasconia wrote:I mostly agree with all you have said but I think that Ferrari´s relevance is greater than you imply. The loss of this team would crealy damage F1 so I hope it doesn´t happen. Many passionate fans of this team would loose interest in F1 and those audiences are enough low.
No one in their right minds would want Ferrari out. No matter how volatile their performances have been over the years. I am sure, everyone in the world wish for a successful and class leading Ferrari. All I have said is, if Ferrari themselves choose to leave OR made to leave, would I stop watching and why would I continue.
Well, its kinda annoying when Ferrari uses this fear just to maintain their privileges or influence. The "do this or we will leave the sport" is something which happens almost every year.

giantfan10

Vasconia wrote:
GPR-A wrote:
Vasconia wrote:I mostly agree with all you have said but I think that Ferrari´s relevance is greater than you imply. The loss of this team would crealy damage F1 so I hope it doesn´t happen. Many passionate fans of this team would loose interest in F1 and those audiences are enough low.
No one in their right minds would want Ferrari out. No matter how volatile their performances have been over the years. I am sure, everyone in the world wish for a successful and class leading Ferrari. All I have said is, if Ferrari themselves choose to leave OR made to leave, would I stop watching and why would I continue.
Well, its kinda annoying when Ferrari uses this fear just to maintain their privileges or influence. The "do this or we will leave the sport" is something which happens almost every year.
When exactly did Ferrari say that they would leave the sport if the deal they negotiated with management would be nullified?
There were 2 parties in this negotiation .
I find it extremely hypocritical that Ferrari is the team being singled out to make the whipping boy on this topic when they are not the only team receiving extra funds from formula 1.
Where is the hate for Mercedes,Red bull,Mclaren and Williams who also recieve special bonuses based on their long term participation in the sport?????

Vasconia

giantfan10 wrote: When exactly did Ferrari say that they would leave the sport if the deal they negotiated with management would be nullified?
Ferrari has insinuated more than once that they would leave the sport if things change in a way they don´t like. I don´t know how serious were those comments but I have seen them many times.

Its like THE typical RB comments about the chance of leaving the sport (casually when their performance was not that good).

I guess its the typicial bullsh*t used by certain teams to put some pressure on FIA.

Scuderia1967

giantfan10 wrote:
Vasconia wrote:
GPR-A wrote:No one in their right minds would want Ferrari out. No matter how volatile their performances have been over the years. I am sure, everyone in the world wish for a successful and class leading Ferrari. All I have said is, if Ferrari themselves choose to leave OR made to leave, would I stop watching and why would I continue.
When exactly did Ferrari say that they would leave the sport if the deal they negotiated with management would be nullified?
I find it extremely hypocritical that Ferrari is the team being singled out to make the whipping boy on this topic when they are not the only team receiving extra funds from formula 1.
Where is the hate for Mercedes,Red bull,Mclaren and Williams who also recieve special bonuses based on their long term participation in the sport?????
This

Macklaren

Scuderia1967 wrote:
giantfan10 wrote:
Vasconia wrote:
This
Except Ferrari get two bonuses and a lot more guaranteed money...

SR71

Scuderia1967 wrote:
giantfan10 wrote:
Vasconia wrote:
This
Because you need to address the original offender. Mercedes and red Bull are getting bonuses because the precedent was already set.

Ferrari was first, let's go after the drug dealer, not the drug addicts.

mika vs michael

Let me share a few thoughts as a F1 fan since 1990...[flameon]Ferrari is participating in F1 from the very first moment...over 60 years...Ferrari is selling cars in order to compete in F1. Mercedes Renault and Redbull compete in F1 in order to sell more cars and refreshment drinks...[/flameoff]
Anyway I think the topic should concentrate in the sporting side of 2017 and especially on the preparations of the team for the 2017 championship. The debate whether Ferrari or other teams should be getting bonuses etc should be discussed separately in another dedicated topic. not in a team topic.
"It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal." Stirling Moss

I tried this and I had understeer, I tried that and I had oversteer, at the end of the corner I just run out of talent

giantfan10

Macklaren wrote:
Scuderia1967 wrote:
giantfan10 wrote: When exactly did Ferrari say that they would leave the sport if the deal they negotiated with management would be nullified?
This
Which manufacturer has been there from the beginnining with no interuption?... which manufacturer brings the largest fanbase? which manufacturer is rated as one of the top 3 brands in the world? which manufacturer has won the most constructor and driver championships?
why does red bull act like they won the world championship when they beat Ferrari for second place?
Why does the guy that has been at your job for 30 years get paid more than you do who has been there for 5 years when you do the exact same job regardless of if you are better at the job or not??
Just a few rhetorical questions that should explain why they get more from formula one than the other competitors.

Scuderia1967

giantfan10 wrote:
Macklaren wrote:
Scuderia1967 wrote:
This
Which manufacturer has been there from the beginnining with no interuption?... which manufacturer brings the largest fanbase? which manufacturer is rated as one of the top 3 brands in the world? which manufacturer has won the most constructor and driver championships?
why does red bull act like they won the world championship when they beat Ferrari for second place?
Why does the guy that has been at your job for 30 years get paid more than you do who has been there for 5 years when you do the exact same job regardless of if you are better at the job or not??
Just a few rhetorical questions that should explain why they get more from formula one than the other competitors.
Again, this. This site should be called EnglishteamsarethebestTechnical, not F1technical...

Afterburner

I struggle to understand why people don't give Ferrari his value, it's the team that gives more stability to F1.

Simple question, would Liberty Media buy F1 without Ferrari in it? If yes, for the same price? I don't think so, and don't be naif, it's the truth!

Another point, how many manufacturers have their own chassis and engine? Only three, Ferrari, Mercedes and Renault. From those, Mercdes a Renault gave any kind of stability to F1? They came and they go like the wind blows around their bosses head.

Teams want more money or equity? Fight for it and make them deserve it.

TAG

Defending a driver to what someone else may think an irrational position = Fanboy
Defending Ferrari to what someone else may think an irrational position = Tifosi
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

Macklaren

giantfan10 wrote:
Macklaren wrote:
Scuderia1967 wrote:
This
Why does the guy that has been at your job for 30 years get paid more than you do who has been there for 5 years when you do the exact same job regardless of if you are better at the job or not??.
This is just as unjustifiable as F1's bonus payment scheme. FWIW, I'm not against teams with a long history getting more money than new ones. It's the scale of the difference that is wrong (imo) .

Afterburner

TAG wrote:Defending a driver to what someone else may think an irrational position = Fanboy
Defending Ferrari to what someone else may think an irrational position = Tifosi
Don't forget to mention the "haters". :wink:

Vasconia

Macklaren wrote:
This is just as unjustifiable as F1's bonus payment scheme. FWIW, I'm not against teams with a long history getting more money than new ones. It's the scale of the difference that is wrong (imo) .

Exactly my thoughts. I like Ferrari and base on the teams history they deserve to receive more but the scale should be revised.