2017 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team - Ferrari

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
SR71

Re: 2017 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team - Ferrari

Why not tie Ferraris history payments to performance? Isn't it fair to say historical payments drop based on constructors finishing position?

I have no problem with Ferrari getting a bit of money for finishing p3 if that's all they are capable of, but let's scale the payments if that's all they can do.

Gridlock

Ferrari sells road cars so they can go racing, right? #myths

iotar__

Gridlock wrote:Ferrari sells road cars so they can go racing, right? #myths
Why do you think they were delaying wind tunnel upgrades (~07/08-...) or didn't invest enough in hybrids (Domenicali), or keep drivers?

- Ferrari fail because they don't have to succeed yet any projects to change the system (money distribution, overall competitiveness) are met with fan's outrage.
- I understand that they might fail even more (example: logic of benefits of hybrid engines*) but since failure is a failure why not risk? Maybe they'd be forced to get it right in the long run? They'd still have budget, engine, manufacturer, driver and marketing advantages.

*It's funny to hear Montezemolo regretting accepting hybrids:
- Hindsight half-truths aka lies. Without new engines they'd be losing to Red Bull, Mercedes. Perhaps some other teams too, for example engine F1 affected McLaren more
- No, accepting new rules was not a mistake, not getting them right was but it's easier to blame the rules than yourself (they blamed aero previously)
- Hybrids were and still are competitive advantage for Ferrari that's why you voted for it LdiM :-)

Pierce89

SR71 wrote:
Scuderia1967 wrote:
giantfan10 wrote: When exactly did Ferrari say that they would leave the sport if the deal they negotiated with management would be nullified?
There were 2 parties in this negotiation .
I find it extremely hypocritical that Ferrari is the team being singled out to make the whipping boy on this topic when they are not the only team receiving extra funds from formula 1.
Where is the hate for Mercedes,Red bull,Mclaren and Williams who also recieve special bonuses based on their long term participation in the sport?????
This
Because you need to address the original offender. Mercedes and red Bull are getting bonuses because the precedent was already set.

Ferrari was first, let's go after the drug dealer, not the drug addicts.
The dealer just got booted. The addicts are all protecting their stash.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

Sevach
Sevach

Sebastian is driving today with an SF15-T. https://twitter.com/Gianludale27/status ... 6857076736

ME4ME

'Ferrari no stronger in 2017 - just more of the same,' says Briatore
http://en.f1i.com/news/88406-ferrari-no ... atore.html

Berger predicts more doom and gloom for Ferrari
http://en.f1i.com/news/88374-berger-pre ... rrari.html

aral
aral

Famous last words?

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

i didn't expect otherwise, really.

Ferrari's problem in 2016 really wasn't that much technical. Matter of fact, i still think they had the strongest car after Mercedes, and far less difference than before.
I even feel that they were either on par or atleast at the beginning better than RedBull.

The problem for Ferrari has been execution. Their pitstops were sloppy and messy. they lose viable seconds there, which ultimately result in ending up in situations you
don't want to and cost you more effort. Then i feel their motivation and communication lacks in regards to the pitwall, the driver, and the racing engineer. and above all,
it's been a lot of tactical mistakes, severe tactical mistakes. Giant messups and really little effort and less knowledge how to fix that.

Had they not made those vital errors, and did a bit of a better job of motivating and controlling seb, i think they would have managed to even snatch a win this year,
but at the very least be in a better position and above all, 'emotion'.

if they manage these errors, i think that they can have a decent 2017 with atleast some regular podiums and if lucky with a Mercedes fail, they can grab a win and aim
for 2018.

Which ultimately does show, once again, how correct Fernando Alonso was for leaving Ferrari.

I think if Mclaren provide a decent chassis and good engine, that before half the season is done, they can be in a position to challenge Ferrari. By the end of the year,
they might even battle for the podium.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Big Mangalhit

Manoah2u wrote: Which ultimately does show, once again, how correct Fernando Alonso was for leaving Ferrari.
Yes that is all that it shows... At this point I wonder if you write that for us or simply to yourself

Vasconia

ME4ME wrote:'Ferrari no stronger in 2017 - just more of the same,' says Briatore
http://en.f1i.com/news/88406-ferrari-no ... atore.html

Berger predicts more doom and gloom for Ferrari
http://en.f1i.com/news/88374-berger-pre ... rrari.html
The crows want to devour the corpse before its dead... I know it can be true but its annoying that certain people keep repiting the same idea over and over again.

santos
santos

Manoah2u wrote: Which ultimately does show, once again, how correct Fernando Alonso was for leaving Ferrari.
Yeah, totally correct. It's been two years, full of great races for Fernando. Fighting with Sauber and Manor... what a dream for a guy that already won two championships.

RedNEO

santos wrote:
Yeah, totally correct. It's been two years, full of great races for Fernando. Fighting with Sauber and Manor... what a dream for a guy that already won two championships.
He's team are going forwards. Which direction did Ferrari go in those two years?

iotar__

That's not even funny. Where are the fans of voting ? I forgot posters like that are the ones voting :-).

Vasconia

RedNEO wrote:
He's team are going forwards. Which direction did Ferrari go in those two years?
Let´s be fair. To improve when your start point has been so low(McLaren) is not something good, it was mandatory.

Moreover, McLaren has suffered some staff changes which remind me Ferrari, some changes when a team has a plan to back to the top teams is not usually a good thing.

santos
santos

RedNEO wrote:
Yes, indeed Mclaren did a better season in 2016. They are going forwards. I wouldn't expect less then that from them. But Fernando is also going forwards... in his age.