2017 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team - Ferrari

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
turbof1

Re: 2017 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team - Ferrari

santos wrote:
Manoah2u wrote: Which ultimately does show, once again, how correct Fernando Alonso was for leaving Ferrari.
Yeah, totally correct. It's been two years, full of great races for Fernando. Fighting with Sauber and Manor... what a dream for a guy that already won two championships.
I do not think the decision to leave Ferrari left him worse off: he is only interested in fighting for championships. Ferrari was not able to do so. Neither was McLaren, but given his relationship with the Ferrari management got strained in 2014, I do think he feels more welcome and appreciated at McLaren. That's not criticism towards Ferrari btw; sometimes these things happen. As they did back in 2007 at McLaren with Alonso (time can heal any wound apparently).

I do want to add the management at Ferrari and McLaren had quite a bit of similarities the last few years, with quite an authorative and intrusive management. I think with Ron Dennis gone, this is about to change. Ferrari however looks set to hold on to this more negative type of leadership and coordination.
#AeroFrodo

Big Mangalhit

RedNEO wrote:
santos wrote:
Manoah2u wrote: Which ultimately does show, once again, how correct Fernando Alonso was for leaving Ferrari.
Yeah, totally correct. It's been two years, full of great races for Fernando. Fighting with Sauber and Manor... what a dream for a guy that already won two championships.
He's team are going forwards. Which direction did Ferrari go in those two years?
He left in 2014:

Code: Select all

2014              2015             2016
Mclaren               181                 27                 76
Ferrari               216                428                398
What I see is that Ferrari went forward a lot after he left and is still way better than it was in 2014. On the other side McLaren when in a downward spiral and is still crawling back to try and reach the awful performance they had in 2014.

Everybody is so quick to point fingers at Ferrari and saying they are bad but they still scored more points last year (a failure it was called) than McLaren in the whole hybrid era combined (by more than 100pts difference!!!) . McLaren is going forward? yes but still hasn't reached the point they were in 2014 and are still miles away from WDC.

RedNEO

Big Mangalhit wrote:
RedNEO wrote:
santos wrote:
He's team are going forwards. Which direction did Ferrari go in those two years?
He left in 2014:

What I see is that Ferrari went forward a lot after he left and is still way better than it was in 2014. On the other side McLaren when in a downward spiral and is still crawling back to try and reach the awful performance they had in 2014.

Everybody is so quick to point fingers at Ferrari and saying they are bad but they still scored more points last year (a failure it was called) than McLaren in the whole hybrid era combined (by more than 100pts difference!!!) . McLaren is going forward? yes but still hasn't reached the point they were in 2014 and are still miles away from WDC.
No it didn't actually. Alonso finished higher in the championship then any of the current drivers have managed so far. He fought for the championship on his debut year with them and then again in 2012. He flattered the car with his skill on many occasions. And despite those stats you posted he still believes in McLaren more than your team and I agree with him.

marvin78

2012's car was a very good car. So was the one from 2010. Both ready to win the championchip. There was nothing so special, Alonso did with these cars. Alsonso himself of course, would talk otherwise.

RedNEO

marvin78 wrote:2012's car was a very good car. So was the one from 2010. Both ready to win the championchip. There was nothing so special, Alonso did with these cars. Alsonso himself of course, would talk otherwise.
2012 car a good car? You must joking or have a seriously warped memory. Everyone knows how badly that car started off with the failed attempt on exhaust blowing that led to them having to back track on it.

2010 car was not bad but it was still around half a second of the redbull in qualifying. Redbull did make things a bit harder for themselves with a few reliablity issues otherwise they would have easily walked that championship.

But thanks anyway for the good laugh lol

Scuderia1967

McLaren going forward? Yeah, right:
Toro Rosso, with a car powered by a year-old engine with no development whatsoever, finished only 13 points behind the "mighty" Woking guys. Williams, in what everyone and their mothers described as a"disappointing year", managed to score 62 more points than Alonso & Jenson... and Force India, with a tiny fragment of McLaren's budget, positively humiliated them.
Yes, Alonso fits well in there

Big Mangalhit

RedNEO wrote:
Big Mangalhit wrote:
RedNEO wrote:
He left in 2014:

No it didn't actually. Alonso finished higher in the championship then any of the current drivers have managed so far. He fought for the championship on his debut year with them and then again in 2012. He flattered the car with his skill on many occasions. And despite those stats you posted he still believes in McLaren more than your team and I agree with him.
?? no it didn't actually?? what do you mean by this?

What does it matter what Alonso did in the Ferrari? I agree he was amazing there, and I truly miss him fighting for wins, he has amazing fighting abilities. My point is about the slander that Ferrari gets especially compared to McLaren when in fact they seem to be in a good position and improving since he left. I don't think they are necessarily out of the contest just yet. At least not until the first race. Same to mclaren i guess, and hopefully they too will be competitive. But somebody needs to be blind to think McLaren to this point is even near the level of Ferrari.

Also this "Alonso finished higher in the championship then any of the current drivers have managed so far" is incorrect, kimi was WDC in 2007

RedNEO

Big Mangalhit wrote:
RedNEO wrote:
Big Mangalhit wrote:
He left in 2014:

?? no it didn't actually?? what do you mean by this?

What does it matter what Alonso did in the Ferrari? I agree he was amazing there, and I truly miss him fighting for wins, he has amazing fighting abilities. My point is about the slander that Ferrari gets especially compared to McLaren when in fact they seem to be in a good position and improving since he left. I don't think they are necessarily out of the contest just yet. At least not until the first race. Same to mclaren i guess, and hopefully they too will be competitive. But somebody needs to be blind to think McLaren to this point is even near the level of Ferrari.

Also this "Alonso finished higher in the championship then any of the current drivers have managed so far" is incorrect, kimi was WDC in 2007
Then based on your high praise of Ferrari and how you look down your nose at McLaren you better hope McLaren is nowhere near them this year or you'll end up looking foolish.

And btw I was talking about since he left Ferrari since that's what you seem to be basing your opinion that things all of sudden changed for the better but so far none of the drivers have fought for a championship. Your the one who brought it up so I was pointing this out to understand why you thought that.

Big Mangalhit

Nope, I hope McLaren is quite competitive and hopefully will be fighting for wins. I don't wish bad things neither to mclaren nor to Alonso quite the contrary. Just trying to dismistify this idea that Ferrari is horribly failing while mclaren is getting their s**t together. So far we haven't seen nothing like that. Hopefully 2017 is the year.

Also I never once praised Ferrari, only stated the facts i.e. the points they scored. I also said that no team with big budget can't be already a write off for 2017 while the cars are not even unveiled yet.

Vasconia

marvin78 wrote:2012's car was a very good car. So was the one from 2010. Both ready to win the championchip. There was nothing so special, Alonso did with these cars. Alsonso himself of course, would talk otherwise.
Almost everybody(including Schumacher or Hamilton, among others) praised Alonso´s 2012 season.

mika vs michael

Are there any Ferrari news? The last 2 pages refer to previous seasons whereas this is the 2017 team thread...
"It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal." Stirling Moss

I tried this and I had understeer, I tried that and I had oversteer, at the end of the corner I just run out of talent

Eddie_Temple

Is 2017 the first season in the modern era where an power unit engineer is the chief technical director for a team?
Welcome to the layer cake, son.

Vasconia

So Vettel had an accident in Fiorano when he was testing the new Pirelli tyres for wet conditions.

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2017/02/09/v ... r-pirelli/

ME4ME

Highly speculative, but anyway:
The engineers of the Italian team do not seem very happy with the output data from the wind tunnel and simulator.
Thanks to the latest information coming from Maranello on tables in recent weeks, in Ferrari they realized that the car originally conceived will not be particularly competitive with the new, high-performance Mercedes W08
To try to compensate for lack of cargo[load], banks are trying to squeeze as much as possible the new Power Unit Italian pulling out the maximum number of horses. Power that could become critical to Ferrari in the first part of the World in 2017, this is to limit the damage on the main competitors.
http://www.f1analisitecnica.com/2017/02 ... do-il.html

C0rs41r

Notizia bufala