2017 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team - Ferrari

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
pciarro
pciarro

Re: 2017 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team - Ferrari

C0rs41r wrote:Notizia bufala
Why do you define that as a "fake news"?
F1analisi tecnica is a very well informed web site.

Pierce89

Vasconia wrote:
marvin78 wrote:2012's car was a very good car. So was the one from 2010. Both ready to win the championchip. There was nothing so special, Alonso did with these cars. Alsonso himself of course, would talk otherwise.
Almost everybody(including Schumacher or Hamilton, among others) praised Alonso´s 2012 season.
Yeah Marvin 's insight there isn't very insightful.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

GoranF1
GoranF1

marvin78 wrote:2012's car was a very good car. So was the one from 2010. Both ready to win the championchip. There was nothing so special, Alonso did with these cars. Alsonso himself of course, would talk otherwise.
You are a tipical semi-profesional F1 fan!
Just because you remember a few wins from the car you think is was a good car.
Both cars were mediocore esspecialy the 2012 car. In both years it was not only inferior to RB but also to Mclaren many times. People seem to forget the burning bodywork from the "Byrne" exhaust and after that Ferrari's incompetence to bring decent replacement until Canada.
In 2010 only advantage the car had was that RB was unreaible car.
Those cars wins were due to 1 man.
Alonso.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

F1NAC

GoranF1 wrote:
Both cars were mediocore esspecialy the 2012 car. In both years it was not only inferior to RB but also to Mclaren many times. People seem to forget the burning bodywork from the "Byrne" exhaust and after that Ferrari's incompetence to bring decent replacement until Canada.
Alonso.
byrne had nothing to do with exhaust. But he did have something with so called magical floor which was never introduced (Probably media hype)

It's not that easy(by that I mean fast) to manufacture new body and new piping for exhaust. You professional F1 fan should know that

GoranF1
GoranF1

F1NAC wrote:
GoranF1 wrote:
Alonso.
byrne had nothing to do with exhaust. But he did have something with so called magical floor which was never introduced (Probably media hype)

It's not that easy(by that I mean fast) to manufacture new body and new piping for exhaust. You professional F1 fan should know that
At the time i remeber perfectly reports saying the coanda style exhaust Ferrari brought to test 1 was Byrne's design or idea.
Other smaller teams took less time to adopt Mclaren style exhaust.

C0rs41r
C0rs41r

pciarro wrote:
Why do you define that as a "fake news"?
F1analisi tecnica is a very well informed web site.
Nothing sources...........

f1316
f1316

GoranF1 wrote:
Alonso.
2012 car definitely not a 'good' car by the standards of a team whose budget is so big and who have perpetual championship aspirations.

On the flip side: they brought reasonable updates for Spain that allowed the car to run at the front on merit (Hamilton's grid penalty notwithstanding); it ended the season as the third fastest car which, in F1, is not 'bad' (at the start of the season the handling was, indeed, 'bad').

I do think the 2010 was a 'good' car - it was by and large the second best car of the year - it just wasn't the best. It didn't have any massive problems at any stage of the season (unlike the 2012 car), it started very strong and was well developed post-Silverstone.

Alonso, of course, drove it very well, winning races like Singapore and Korea that he had no business winning; but in the races where it was a genuine equal and/or outright fastest package, Massa was also right there - I'm referring to Bahrain (Massa outqualified Alonso), Monza (very close to Alonso in quali and race), and of course Hockenheim (no explanation necessary).

I think of Massa as the type of guy who will drive a very good car very fast and drive an average car to an average finish; so by that measure, the 2010 car was very good in 3 races and good enough that a great driver (Alonso) could drag it to great results (with help from opportunity) in another handful.

2012 one of the all-time great seasons by any driver though.

GoranF1
GoranF1

f1316 wrote:
GoranF1 wrote:
Alonso.
and of course Hockenheim (no explanation necessary).
In Hockenheim esspecialy was Alonso faster then Massa.

toraabe
toraabe

Well I feel that they are a bit too negative these days. Protesting and trying to ban the current suspension used by RB and Merc. Why cannot Ferrari figure out them self how it is working or invent something even smarter...
A couple of years ago it was the engine that was wrong ..... ..

Vasconia

toraabe wrote:Well I feel that they are a bit too negative these days. Protesting and trying to ban the current suspension used by RB and Merc. Why cannot Ferrari figure out them self how it is working or invent something even smarter...
A couple of years ago it was the engine that was wrong ..... ..
2014 was a year that showed how lost Ferrari was. It was time to build a great/powerful engine and they built a tiny/weak one. #-o

Scuderia1967

Here are the new drivers and team caps. By the looks of them, Seb will keep the 2015/16 lid... and there's a white stripe in the team's cap. Meaning the car will still feature one?

http://gpmini.qc.ca/store/index.php?mai ... 65_190_441

Scuderia1967

Stop the press!
The new, friendlier, warmer Kimi shows the 2017 overalls
https://twitter.com/kappa224/status/831483779520815105

f1316
f1316

GoranF1 wrote:
f1316 wrote:
GoranF1 wrote: You are a tipical semi-profesional F1 fan!
Alonso.
and of course Hockenheim (no explanation necessary).
In Hockenheim esspecialy was Alonso faster then Massa.
In theory there were times Alonso was using a different engine mode; but the point was not that Alonso was not the faster driver - it's very clear that he was - just that the car was also capable of winning that particular race in another driver's hands, so it can't have been too bad.

PABLOEING
PABLOEING

GTO99

Looks pretty much the same as last year.