2017 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team - Ferrari

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Vanja #66

Re: 2017 AMG Mercedes F1 Team - Mercedes

Just to add that multiple (though not widely known) source claim that after it became clear that Allison is leaving, remaining Ferrari engineers started working on SF70H from scratch (or at least something about aerodynamic concept). This was discussed in SF70H thread... In some other posts I've seen info that Allison himself didn't agree on the direction 2017 car was going and that this was one of the reasons to leave the team (along with family tragedy)...
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

MercAMGF1Fans
MercAMGF1Fans

from what i know.. Allison just did the initial "team building" setup like brawn did.. at Ferrari

Crafetylemur
Crafetylemur

Re: 2017 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team - Ferrari

For me Ferrari looked good during testing the car looked so much better in the corners and reliability was good,let's hope they solved there achilles heel this season whitch is qualifying.Ferrari has always been better in race pace than quali,like Mercedes turn up the wick in q3, i hope Ferrari can at least come within 0.3 of the Merc then we have a real battle this season.Hope they still have there excellent start of thek line can't wait until the season kicks off =D>

giantfan10
giantfan10

Vasconia wrote:I don´t know if Ferrari is as good(or better) as the Mercedes but if I compare it with 2016´s winter tests the main differences I can see are those:

1. Better reliability.
2. Stronger pace(and seems that they are hiding some potential contrary to other seasons).
3. Better traction.
4. Very well designed aerodynamics.

Australia can´t come soon enough!
lat year ferrari won the one lap "race" and was slower during race simulations where fuel levels cannot be hidden. this year they wer faster in race simulations and in the one lap quali sim... who knows what that means

Vasconia

giantfan10 wrote:
Vasconia wrote:I don´t know if Ferrari is as good(or better) as the Mercedes but if I compare it with 2016´s winter tests the main differences I can see are those:

1. Better reliability.
2. Stronger pace(and seems that they are hiding some potential contrary to other seasons).
3. Better traction.

lat year ferrari won the one lap "race" and was slower during race simulations where fuel levels cannot be hidden. this year they wer faster in race simulations and in the one lap quali sim... who knows what that means
It should mean that they are the faster but who knows...

giantfan10
giantfan10

Vasconia wrote:
giantfan10 wrote:

1. Better reliability.
3. Better traction.

It should mean that they are the faster but who knows...
i agree but the last time i voiced that in a thread i was downvoted for being smug :lol: :lol: :lol:

Vasconia

giantfan10 wrote: i agree but the last time i voiced that in a thread i was downvoted for being smug :lol: :lol: :lol:
Be careful with Ferrari haters my friend, they are observing us... :mrgreen:

Mercedes is voicing too much about how fast Ferrrai is, which I find suspicious... :-k

Schuttelberg

Vasconia wrote:
giantfan10 wrote: i agree but the last time i voiced that in a thread i was downvoted for being smug :lol: :lol: :lol:
Be careful with Ferrari haters my friend, they are observing us... :mrgreen:

Mercedes is voicing too much about how fast Ferrrai is, which I find suspicious... :-k
Anyone who truly believes Ferrari are the favourites are truly delusional. I'm even more suspicious about Red Bull, but their drivers and PR team are probably the best in the sense that they don't drive gospel down your throat like the Mercedes-Benz lads.

As a Vettel fan, I'm just happy we may be able to fight for podiums at some races. At the end of last year, I truly expected Ferrari to be in utter shambles about now. A bit like McHonda at the moment.
Last edited by Schuttelberg on 14 Mar 2017, 10:03, edited 1 time in total.
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

marvin78
marvin78

I never expected that. Ferrari was never that bad and they always built a decend car.

Vasconia

Schuttelberg wrote:
Anyone who truly believes Ferrari are the favourites are truly delusional. I'm even more suspicious about Red Bull, but their drivers and PR team are probably the best in the sense that they don't drive gospel down your throat like the Mercedes-Benz lads.

As a Vettel fan, I'm just happy we may be able to fight for podiums at some races. At the end of last year, I truly expected Ferrari to be in utter shambles about now. A bit like McHonda at the moment.
I have reasons to be cautiously optimistic. Not only because the car is pretty good but also because since september(when some changes in the Scuderia happened) the car improved and the little updates they introduced worked much better. During the last months of the season it seemeed that the new organization was doing its work more efficiently, and the team looked better. If they continue with this trend, we could see(finally) a season where Ferrari developes the car accordingly to its status as a top team.

Schuttelberg

Vasconia wrote:
Schuttelberg wrote:

I have reasons to be cautiously optimistic. Not only because the car is pretty good but also because since september(when some changes in the Scuderia happened) the car improved and the little updates they introduced worked much better. During the last months of the season it seemeed that the new organization was doing its work more efficiently, and the team looked better. If they continue with this trend, we could see(finally) a season where Ferrari developes the car accordingly to its status as a top team.
I have no hope to be honest. We have been the weakest team in the top bracket when it comes to in season development and our strategic team isn't the most efficient. For me, personally, podiums will do just fine. My expectations are 3rd in the WCC. I'd snap your hands off if you gave me a win in the season.
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

Vasconia

Schuttelberg wrote:
I have no hope to be honest. We have been the weakest team in the top bracket when it comes to in season development and our strategic team isn't the most efficient. For me, personally, podiums will do just fine. My expectations are 3rd in the WCC. I'd snap your hands off if you gave me a win in the season.
Well, let´s hope that the strategic team has a better season this time. But I still hope that we will see more than a victory. [-o<

PlatinumZealot

Yes that matches up with Vettel's comments on 2016 as a building year.

On a different Topic Helmut' insight on Ferrari sandbagging, Redbull potential and Bottas as the weak fence that will allow RB and Ferrari to break the 1-2 finishes that we have become so used to.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.ph ... s-red-bull
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

iotar__

Vanja #66 wrote:Just to add that multiple (though not widely known) source claim that after it became clear that Allison is leaving, remaining Ferrari engineers started working on SF70H from scratch (or at least something about aerodynamic concept). This was discussed in SF70H thread... In some other posts I've seen info that Allison himself didn't agree on the direction 2017 car was going and that this was one of the reasons to leave the team (along with family tragedy)...
- A. IMO there is a good reason there are no named sources. B. There can't be multiple sources, there can be only one and it starts with an F, the same source that gave us Alonso wasn't a "good developer" when he left. That's why I'm sceptical. Remember how they were associating early '15 successes with Allison's name?

- "direction", "structure" empty gimmick words, where is "streamlining" ;-) , not a single material world detail = not that valuable, would you agree? Starting from scratch? It would be easier it judge it if a date was attached to it. Just because there were changes after Allison left you can't attribute it some conflict. Car development is a constant process with data added all the time.
-
-"I've seen info that Allison himself didn't agree on the direction 2017 car was going and that this was one of the reasons to leave the team (along with family tragedy)..."

OK, it's not about nitpicking but understanding what this info means because it's a typical one in this type of disinformation Don't you see contradiction and mixing causes and effect? He's either leaving for personal reasons or not. If he leaves and they make changes they couldn't do with him, there can't be "he left because he disagreed with direction". You can't have both "we made great changes because evil former employee left" and "he left because he disagreed with our great changes".

Now it would be nice to attribute those changes to names, just as lack of them is attributed to one former employee. Who is the one making right decisions? Lack of basic details makes me question this type of noise.

Unc1eM0nty

MercAMGF1Fans wrote:from what i know.. Allison just did the initial "team building" setup like brawn did.. at Ferrari
The expectation that a technical head does any design work has always amused me, they are senior managers with 100's of engineer's and dozen's of department heads reporting, they are too busy to get their hands dirty like this.

As above, they are there to build the structure and give to direction, any thought of them designing is just madness.