2017 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team - Ferrari

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
noname

Re: 2017 AMG Mercedes F1 Team - Mercedes

GPR-A wrote:
21 Mar 2017, 14:24
(...) If you happen to be an engineer having worked for a Manager, who likes you to go to him for every small decision making (...)
Sorry for off-top, but in this case (s)he is a f...ng joke, not a manager.

dans79

Re: 2017 AMG Mercedes F1 Team - Mercedes

noname wrote:
21 Mar 2017, 15:52
GPR-A wrote:
21 Mar 2017, 14:24
(...) If you happen to be an engineer having worked for a Manager, who likes you to go to him for every small decision making (...)
Sorry for off-top, but in this case (s)he is a f...ng joke, not a manager.
here in the states they are called micro managers. It's a personality/insecurity problem.
197 104 103 7

mika vs michael

Re: 2017 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team - Ferrari

"It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal." Stirling Moss

I tried this and I had understeer, I tried that and I had oversteer, at the end of the corner I just run out of talent

CBeck113

They do that every season, just like all other teams.
“Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!” Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Mr.G

Sebastian Vettel arrived to Melbourne - https://youtu.be/nDTbUYD9iBQ

ot: last years we don't have such videos, do we? is this Liberty media work?
Art without engineering is dreaming. Engineering without art is calculating. Steven K. Roberts

PlatinumZealot

Yuk. Crowded by old pasty neckbeards!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

mika vs michael

Ferrari won the first battle of the year. Mercedes and Redbull forced to change their suspension...
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.ph ... suspension
"It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal." Stirling Moss

I tried this and I had understeer, I tried that and I had oversteer, at the end of the corner I just run out of talent

Zynerji

mika vs michael wrote:
23 Mar 2017, 17:16
Ferrari won the first battle of the year. Mercedes and Redbull forced to change their suspension...
While I'm a Vettel fan, this will probably end my involvement in F1.

This is the start of the slippery slope of allowing the spirit of the rules to overcome the technical wording of the rules.

And that is filthy disgusting in my opinion.

Rikhart

Zynerji wrote:
23 Mar 2017, 21:57
mika vs michael wrote:

This is the start of the slippery slope of allowing the spirit of the rules to overcome the technical wording of the rules.

Hello! Welcome to the sport of formula 1! It is sad you´re leaving after such a short while.

giantfan10

Zynerji wrote:
mika vs michael wrote:

So you would have 2 cars with essentially "active suspensions" versus 8 cars with "passive suspensions" knowing full well that having an active suspension is an advantage.
Notice how Red bull made a jump when they got theirs right during the season last year?
Last time i checked active suspensions were banned and no matter how you try to spin it what Mercedes and Red Bull were doing was in fact a rudimentary form of an active suspension.

Active suspension is a type of automotive suspension that controls the vertical movement of the wheels relative to the chassis or vehicle body with an onboard system, rather than in passive suspensions where the movement is being determined entirely by the road surface

SR71

Zynerji wrote:
mika vs michael wrote:

I'm sorry but teams acting this way IS F1. Always has and always will be a form of competition between lawyers.

It's quite entertaining actually and is one of the reasons I love this "sport".

The pendulum eventually swings the other way, if Ferrari were on top for a few seasons we'd see Mercedes doing the same thing.

giantfan10

SR71 wrote:
23 Mar 2017, 22:07
Zynerji wrote:
mika vs michael wrote:

I'm sorry but teams acting this way IS F1. Always has and always will be a form of competition between lawyers.

It's quite entertaining actually and is one of the reasons I love this "sport".

The pendulum eventually swings the other way, if Ferrari were on top for a few seasons we'd see Mercedes doing the same thing.
Actually Mercedes has already asked for clarification with Ferrari in mind : ) Conspiracy theorists could actually make a really good case that Ferrari's innovative 2017 design is a direct result of the Haas partnership and wind tunnel/CFD saga. Mercedes asked for clarification about that partnership in 2015 using the fact that they may want to go the same route with a smaller team as an excuse.
There was no big stink about it because the governing body basically told Mercedes to shut up and sit down .The governing body couldnt prove there was any illegal use of CFD/windtunnel by Ferrari so it went away. Doesnt mean there was no sneaky stuff going on : )

Zynerji

No.

Banning a fully optimized system that is technically compliant is horseshit.

I've been into F1 with my heart and soul since 2003, and this is simply nonsense.

Controlling the reactions of the suspension by breaking down the individual phases and optimizing them to the fullest benefit is physics bending, and the reason that I follow this sport.

Banning these solutions to ultra complex equations simply destroys my belief that this is truly the pinnacle of motorsports.

Vasconia

Zynerji wrote:
24 Mar 2017, 02:52
No.

Banning a fully optimized system that is technically compliant is horseshit.

I've been into F1 with my heart and soul since 2003, and this is simply nonsense.

Controlling the reactions of the suspension by breaking down the individual phases and optimizing them to the fullest benefit is physics bending, and the reason that I follow this sport.

Banning these solutions to ultra complex equations simply destroys my belief that this is truly the pinnacle of motorsports.
This has happened in F1 ALWAYS. I follow this sport since 1994 and I have seen this several times. Sorry but like it or not, this is part of the sport.

By the way, someone should ask Ferrari to stop sandbagging, because they are dong it, right? :|

F1NAC

Vasconia wrote:
24 Mar 2017, 09:04

By the way, someone should ask Ferrari to stop sandbagging, because they are dong it, right? :|
Well my friend.... Current state of Ferrarihypetrain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaArxPRaCLc

EDIT: why when I put yt video with Yt brackets and then when I post it, it shows error?