2017 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team - Ferrari

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
GPR-A duplicate2

Re: 2017 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team - Ferrari

kebab wrote:
10 Apr 2017, 09:58
Sevach wrote:
10 Apr 2017, 08:46
Ferrari should have a look on their starting system, Mercedes has gotten better starts in both races this season.
Both Ferraris were on the dirty side of the track in both races, to early to say who has the better start.
Both Ferrari and Mercedes have got similar starts in both GPs. With the change in cluth rules for this year, Ferrari seems to have lost the edge they had last year. In fact, the starts are extremely slow even compared to last year for both teams.
Specifically in China, those who were on the dirty side should be having an advantage in wet as you don't want to start from the side that has rubber underneath which causes wheel spin (wet rubber).

GPR-A duplicate2

dans79 wrote:
09 Apr 2017, 21:04
Ha, Williams has not been good in wet or changing conditions, in a very very long time.
The Haas was a better car off the box last year (before going backwards) and it is a good car off the box this year too.

WaikeCU

PlatinumZealot wrote:
09 Apr 2017, 18:53
Hmm. Steiner thinks the PU is the strongest as does Vettel. It is very hard to tell but today I saw a Haas go around the outside of williams at turn one!
On a dry race day, a Williams would go around the outside of a Haas. :wink:

ME4ME

Some critical comments from Marchionne regarding Raikkonen.

At this stage I fully expect Ricciardo to take Raikkonen's seat at Ferrari in 2018.

FLuidd

ME4ME wrote:
10 Apr 2017, 21:45

At this stage I fully expect Ricciardo to take Raikkonen's seat at Ferrari in 2018.
Ricciardo is under contract and my personal opinion is that he is not Ferrari material, I would rather have Sainz join Ferrari starting this summer, after raikkonen gets fired.

PlatinumZealot

Sainz, Grosjean? (too sensitive?), Nico Rosberg, Sergio Perez are the leading candidates I would say.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

ferkan

FLuidd wrote:
10 Apr 2017, 21:59
ME4ME wrote:

Ricciardo is under contract and my personal opinion is that he is not Ferrari material, I would rather have Sainz join Ferrari starting this summer, after raikkonen gets fired.
Ricciardo is not Ferrari material? Based on...?

I agree with Sainz. He is talented, fast and quite cheap. Plus his contract runs out this year.

f1316

The livery looks so much nicer in the twilight at Bahrain - it looks like proper scarlet Ferrari.

Wish they painted it in a colour that looked this way in the daytime.

GPR-A duplicate2

FLuidd wrote:
10 Apr 2017, 21:59
ME4ME wrote:

The way Ric is getting overshadowed by Max, he should already be thinking of new team, if not for lack of car performance. Sainz shouldn't be a bad replacement for RB.

It would be good to see what happens in Vet Vs Ric 2.0.

Well, Ric is contract bound until end of 2018. So all this need to wait.

f1316

I don't think Ric's going anywhere ; I also don't think Seb would want him.

I think it'll be Grosjean or Perez next year; my preference is Perez.

Phil

I think it is far too early in the season to be writing off Kimi. If anything, i quite dislike the public criticism of their driver in a public manner, especially considering he was complaining about the performance of the car and was later in the race of China compromised in order to help Vettel.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

f1316

I wasn't really expecting him to continue next season regardless of results tbh; even if he won the world championship, that would be the ultimate way to bow out.

But it feels like the end of his career to me, so personally I always thought he was gone next year - not necessarily a reflection on his performance so far

( although on a different note, I do think he's been poor; might be controversial but he never convinced me as a Ferrari driver - even when he was winning the world championships I didn't feel like he was the guy eaking every ounce of performance out of the car - rather the McLaren drivers were the ones doing that - and it was always a disappointment for someone filling Schumacher's race boots).

Silent Storm

Funny how some people can look at the TV, watch some onboards and just know if someone is getting every ounce of performance out of the car when the team with their truckload of data can't.

Some drivers with their aggressive driving style look faster on screen while some with smoother driving style look to be cruising on their fast lap.
The ones with the least to say always want to be heard the most…

Schuttelberg

Phil wrote:
14 Apr 2017, 19:04
I think it is far too early in the season to be writing off Kimi. If anything, i quite dislike the public criticism of their driver in a public manner, especially considering he was complaining about the performance of the car and was later in the race of China compromised in order to help Vettel.
How Phil?
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

Phil

2nd pit stop.

We assumed it would be a 1 stop race for both Mercedes and Ferrari and that they would go till the end on the soft tire.

Then they pitted Vettel maybe to force Mercedes to another stop or to cover the two-stopping Redbulls on SSs. If Mercedes had pitted right at that point, Hamilton would have came out between Kimi and Vettel. The plan was probably to get Kimi to act as some kind of wall to give Vettel a chance to close up.

Mercedes opted to stay out and had the pace to get more than 24 seconds ahead of Kimi to not be held up by him. That required a few more laps though and the question was if the Mercedes had the pace and tires to do so. As a result of that uncertainty, Ferrari kept Kimi out longer than necessary and slightly compromised his race relative to the RedBulls. Kimi was even on the radio questioning exactly that.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter