2017 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team - Ferrari

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
tpe
tpe

Re: 2017 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team - Ferrari

Still,
I think that the biggest issue for MB and RB is the removal of their hydraulic suspension. Ferrari didn't pay attention in the area even from the FRIC days and they paid the price dearly. At least they were smart enough to ban them.

Sevach

Conventional wisdom would say, power track=Mercedes easily.

But Ferrari has defied that wisdom in Bahrain and Sochi, Ferrari was quite good last year in Canada and Mercedes has had trouble with Ultra Soft tires recently.

basti313

Vasconia wrote:
31 May 2017, 08:41
giantfan10 wrote:
31 May 2017, 01:08
JamesallenonF1 claims that Mercedes were complacent and assumed they would run away with the 2017 title too by sending Wehrlein to test the 2017 tires.
He also claims the Vettel visited the pirelli manufacturing planton more than one occasion to see how the tires were manufactered. He cites all of the above as a decided advantage for Ferrari because he claims that all the information that Vettel gathered was key in the design process for the SF-70H... visiting the factory was not illegal and open to any driver... only vettel chose to go....
We can´t deny the fact that Vettel is tremendously profesional. =D> =D> =D>

But, does it make such a different? I mean, I don´t know how deep is Vettel´s technical knowledge but its strange that he could gather so much essential information from only a single visit to a factory.
Well...this is difficult. I see this in my job: On one hand the driver is no engineer and they will not go through data. But on the other hand the engineers in the factory will talk freely and will be happy to talk. And every word of this is gold.
So I would assume, that Vet surely has taken some info to his engineers. Even if it is just an easy thing like the downforce levels of the mule cars and how the Pirelli engineers expected the real 2017 values to be similar, higher or much higher. Or which way they go in regard to the grip and durability...more or less is already a good info for an engineer.
Don`t russel the hamster!

JonoNic

basti313 wrote:
Vasconia wrote:
31 May 2017, 08:41
giantfan10 wrote:
31 May 2017, 01:08
JamesallenonF1 claims that Mercedes were complacent and assumed they would run away with the 2017 title too by sending Wehrlein to test the 2017 tires.
He also claims the Vettel visited the pirelli manufacturing planton more than one occasion to see how the tires were manufactered. He cites all of the above as a decided advantage for Ferrari because he claims that all the information that Vettel gathered was key in the design process for the SF-70H... visiting the factory was not illegal and open to any driver... only vettel chose to go....
We can´t deny the fact that Vettel is tremendously profesional. =D> =D> =D>

But, does it make such a different? I mean, I don´t know how deep is Vettel´s technical knowledge but its strange that he could gather so much essential information from only a single visit to a factory.
Well...this is difficult. I see this in my job: On one hand the driver is no engineer and they will not go through data. But on the other hand the engineers in the factory will talk freely and will be happy to talk. And every word of this is gold.
So I would assume, that Vet surely has taken some info to his engineers. Even if it is just an easy thing like the downforce levels of the mule cars and how the Pirelli engineers expected the real 2017 values to be similar, higher or much higher. Or which way they go in regard to the grip and durability...more or less is already a good info for an engineer.
Vettel could have recorded what they said on a device. The thing is that he was there to provide the feedback.
Always find the gap then use it.

PlatinumZealot

It is the brake ducts. There is not much difference between the suspension movements of one team to the other. That would be so easy to copy it is not even funny. It is the brake duct design (and overall car downforce advantage) that Ferrari nailed.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

ringo

The engine's driveability and peak power is also on par with mercedes.
For Sure!!

Sevach

F1NAC

Vettel lost water pressure. ICE number 3 on the way. Race against time

ripper

FER pu's reliability still isn't at MER level, maybe they pushed development a bit too much to try to close the gap

Sevach

F1NAC

Basically same gremlin like in Spain

ZakB

Ferrari slowly dropping to 2016 levels, they were lucky that Max made a mistake. Red Bull's chassis is already better at the moment.

LostInTranslation

My impression and my suspicion are that in the performance of MB (and maybe RBR) there is something closely related to the temperature of the tires or the thermal shells of the tires.

Does anyone here know if there is a rigid control of the correct setting of thermal covers?

I say that because according to the television images I have not seen any FIA commissioner or a Pirelli engineer measuring up the temperature of any car's tires just before they are (cars) leaving the box.

As reported on a table published on the previous page, Vettel's gap from Hamilton in the first, second and third sectors is 5, 4 and 2 tenths respectively.

This is a bad idea that I bring in my mind from the GP of Canada.

My two "poisoned" cents. :)

hurril

I really hope they get it together - this new Ferrari performance is making everything very interesting!

TAG

ripper wrote:
24 Jun 2017, 14:19
FER pu's reliability still isn't at MER level, maybe they pushed development a bit too much to try to close the gap
Clearly the way they're going through component they followed the it's easier to make a fast car reliable than it is to make a reliable car fast mantra of racing. There's more here than simply what's visible on the surface. We had the FiA clarify the use of oil in the cylinder chamber as additional combustible fluid but they also added the line about adding any other ingredient to the oil that could be used to increase it's combustibility. Ted's post qualifying notebook here touches on it and apparently gives some insight as to what happened behind the scenes to have the FiA put out that reminder.

https://youtu.be/FmRzUl8E-8A?t=3m31s

And lo and behold we see the largest qualifying gap I believe we've seen all year.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत