2017 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team - Ferrari

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Jolle

Re: 2017 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team - Ferrari

What I don't get, why they announced the contracts of Vettel and Raikkonen right away and not waiting for a good news press thingy at Monza... The only thing I can think of is that they are that relieved or that there is still some internal tention

basti313

Ferrari is also covered by the rules of a publicly traded company and there is not much room to schedule million-dollar contracts just for good news.
Furthermore all this discussion was simply a distraction, so announcing the renewals asap is the correct thing to do.
Don`t russel the hamster!

WaikeCU

Jolle wrote:
28 Aug 2017, 10:01
What I don't get, why they announced the contracts of Vettel and Raikkonen right away and not waiting for a good news press thingy at Monza... The only thing I can think of is that they are that relieved or that there is still some internal tention
Because they want to really focus on the weekend's performance which is crucial for the Championship and not selling news by concentrating on contracts talk and organizing a whole press event just for that?

ripper

Ferrari and Philip Morris renewed the sponshorship contract.

f1316

I discussed this in the race thread, but it seems to me that the issue of Ferrari's competitiveness in Monza (and Baku) has a lot to do with their low df package not being strong (and their high df package is very strong).

What highlights this the most is how, in both races, RB were comparatively good. Horner backs this up in the sense of illustrating that the RB car has a great low df package (Ferrari's being poor by comparison):

"Horner said he does not believe that its initial low-drag idea helped it at Monza, which he instead credited to work that had done on a specific low-downforce configuration."

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/horn ... ne-949318/

Edit: Of course these 'packages' are related to the characteristics of the car; it could be that, for example, the Ferrari side pod solution is not efficient downforce or that the Red Bull solution works with more emphasis on the diffuser, which we know is very efficient. Likewise, obviously if you have the best engine, it allows you to do things others can't - e.g. Both Mercedes and Ferrari ran a spoon rear wing in Spa but only Mercedes could retain it in Monza, with Ferrari needing something more closely resembling a 'tea try' (I.e. Flat).

Vasconia

I am happy to see that Ferrari is no longer the team who used to go down in the second half of the season. Updates are working well, we may see a fight until the last race if we have some luck.

Vanja #66

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/vett ... 59402/?s=1

Seems to me like the engine changed on Seb's car (#3) will be used again this year since electrical problems can be sorted out easily in the factory... That's good.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

etusch

I hope this race is one of races that starts very bad but finish very well

F1NAC

What happened? Maurizio mentioned that problem occured somewhere in exhaust manifold?

renatope

Can Ferrari replace all of Vettel's power unit parts in order to get the grid penalties already for this race? With that they might go to the end of the season without taking further punishment under normal circumstances.

F1NAC

renatope wrote:
30 Sep 2017, 17:31
Can Ferrari replace all of Vettel's power unit parts in order to get the grid penalties already for this race? With that they might go to the end of the season without taking further punishment under normal circumstances.
yes they can. I hope they will do this. They have nothing to lose

adrianjordan

If they don't then they have only themselves to blame if further reliability problems cost them the championship.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

etusch

Ferrari must take a sponsor something like lucky strike

zac510

etusch wrote:
01 Oct 2017, 18:36
Ferrari must take a sponsor something like lucky strike
They already have a deal with Marlboro: https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13163 ... lboro-deal