2017 Renault Sport F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Re: 2017 Renault Sport F1 Team - Renault

Ocon is going to stay with Force India, which will only at best change name. Stroll is not going to Force India, they're committed to Williams, and there's simply some situations that lead up to false interpretations.

Lawrence Stroll, Lance Stroll's daddy, is a businessman and being involved in F1 has his ears closer to the ground, which means he gets information easier and in this case the possibility that Force India is open for investment from additional parties, which is surely the reason for the name change. Force India is constantly doing fantastic, has a solid base, capable personel and drivers, and if more investment/resources are available to them, have the potential to make another step forward from P4 to even P3 in the WCC.
There's a humongeous business oppertunity here, and it was relatively blocked or less interesting due to the team carrying the 'India' name, and perhaps not limited to the involvements / issues surrounding Dr. Vijay Mallya. Since Stroll is a businessman who knows what he's doing, AND has plenty of money to throw at things personally AND businesswise, has probably raised interest in the Silverstone-based Force India team and might 'buy' into them which would mean he gets an additional platform to Williams and his son. It would benefit Force India since it would get them more money so it would get them forward, and it would benefit Stroll camp for business opportunities. Nothing more, nothing less.

Media is then 'inventing' or making clicbait stories that this means driver Stroll will leave Williams to go to Force India. I'm confident that won't happen at all. He's just there, he's developing, and it makes no sense to shift to Force India now. Perhaps in the future, perhaps 2019-onwards there might be room, but as of now, there is no such thing.

Ocon will not be free either way, as he will remain a Mercedes protegé either way.

Romain Grosjean will not go back in a million years to Renault. He doesn't want to and nobody at Renault wants him to come back. Grosjean's F1 career is ending and his only option is to stay with Haas for next year and afterwards, he will only be able to go to Formula E or other racing classes like WEC, Indy, LeMans and that's it.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Morteza

Last edited by Morteza on 29 Sep 2017, 11:26, edited 1 time in total.
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

iotar__

- I didn't consider it (I thought they liked having RedBull) but if it's about Renault getting rid of them it makes sense in the long run.
- They still lose in '18 but the change itself is costly for both McL and possibly RB in '19 and Honda is an unknown for the latter.

- Drivers - who cares, I thought they'd get Perez, their performance will depend on competition or lack thereof, the gap behind top 3 is huge, except for McL no one else can get anywhere near them anyway.
- They still need Mercedes retiring to get podiums in foreseeable future.

Sevach
Sevach

Sevach
Sevach

Renault hiring of Marcin Budkowski is generating protests.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-t ... ch-958936/

Webber2011
Webber2011

Sevach wrote:
29 Sep 2017, 09:57
Renault hiring of Marcin Budkowski is generating protests.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-t ... ch-958936/
And so it should be if it turns out to be true :o

How on earth can this not be a total mistrust of very detailed secret information ?

NathanOlder

FIA just need to step in now and say they screwed up. Then change it to 6 months gardening leave. Simple easy and solves the problem. Why let this get heated and create trouble ???
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

rscsr

NathanOlder wrote:
02 Oct 2017, 21:33
FIA just need to step in now and say they screwed up. Then change it to 6 months gardening leave. Simple easy and solves the problem. Why let this get heated and create trouble ???
Swiss law apparently only allows a maximum of 3 months gardening leave.

NathanOlder

Wow, that sucks. Cant the FIA tell him while they are in Japan :lol:
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

adrianjordan

rscsr wrote:
02 Oct 2017, 22:02
NathanOlder wrote:
02 Oct 2017, 21:33
Swiss law apparently only allows a maximum of 3 months gardening leave.
Isn't the FIA in Paris though?
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Shakeman

Palmer to leave Renault after Japanese GP.

Palmer did not set the F1 world alight but one has to feel he has been treated really quite poorly by Renault.

What a sport it's become.

OneAlex

I hope Renault do the decent thing by him and helps him find another series. I'll admit I didn't think he deserved the 2017 seat at the start of the year but I think this year he's been truly unlucky and had far too much pressure placed on him.

Now let's see what Sainz can do next to the Hulk.

zac510
zac510

I think it's no different to a poor football player being dropped from the side. F1 teams are very conservative and hang onto drivers or hire experienced drivers too frequently I think, STR and Sauber excepted.

Shrieker

Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk