2017 Renault Sport F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Schuttelberg

Re: 2017 Renault Sport F1 Team - Renault

It amazes me that Palmer is a F1 driver, let alone a manufacturer WCC winning team driver.
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

Enstone

Not that bad for Renault... and Palmer :

Vasconia

For some reason Renault has had less problems than other teams powered by them. So I would say that the first Winter test has gone reasonably well.

Vladimir

By that results, Renault is on par with Red Bull on soft and medium compaund.
It is normal that they had less problems,because it is PU they made.
I also noticed that, in R.S.17 sound different to Red Bull and Torro Roso .

RS200E

Such a great looking car. Hope Renault do well in 2017 and show Red Bull up!
The power of Red Bull Powertrains!

Vladimir

Yes, great looking car and seems that it working as expected. Palmer said that people in Enstone are very euphoric after firs test ,because data are encouraging and they will bring a lot upgrades parts next week. Nice to hear that they go in wright direction without problems.

kptaylor

Vladimir wrote:By that results, Renault is on par with Red Bull on soft and medium compaund.
It is normal that they had less problems,because it is PU they made.
I also noticed that, in R.S.17 sound different to Red Bull and Torro Roso .
Well RB has helped Renault develop the engine over the past several seasons. I wonder if there will be an inflection point where Renault becomes more like Mercedes and Ferrari and just provides the PU with base software to client teams. Then you may see Renault move up in points and finishes.

GoranF1

I hope Alonso joins this fantastic team in 2018!
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

Blackout

Vladimir wrote:Yes, great looking car and seems that it working as expected. Palmer said that people in Enstone are very euphoric after firs test ,because data are encouraging and they will bring a lot upgrades parts next week. Nice to hear that they go in wright direction without problems.
Got the source?

Vasconia

Too early to judge because we dont know how many kg of fuel they had in Barcelona but the car is looking good(not only aesthetically) so the design itself should be a huge step forward.

edu2703

Renault test form hasn't "matched our expectations" - Hulkenberg

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/rena ... rg-881489/

Stalker1

edu2703 wrote:Renault test form hasn't "matched our expectations" - Hulkenberg

Renault will introduce a second generation Energy Recovery System this year as part of a radical overhaul of its Formula 1 power unit.

The French manufacturer has been working on a complete redesign for 2017, believing the engine it had used for the past three years had reached the end of its development potential after a disastrous start to the turbo-hybrid era in '14.

Speaking six weeks before it runs for the first time in pre-season testing, managing director Cyril Abiteboul offered some more details about what was coming for the season ahead.

"This year we want to confirm the turnaround of the situation on the engine," he said at Autosport International.

"Last year was really fantastic, and we need to confirm that.

"We are going to have an all-new architecture on the internal combustion engine, and also be introducing for the first time the second generation of Energy Recovery System."
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/127748

According to this article they completely redesigned the PU. Theeting issues with ERS, I hope...

Vasconia

He sounds quite pessimistic, even saying that they will be out of the points. I hope he is playing games.

popovic94

Vasconia wrote:

He sounds quite pessimistic, even saying that they will be out of the points. I hope he is playing games.
I would not be so surprised,this is just my opinion they will probably need 2-3 years more to bring their chasis to top level. It is imposible to expect from them to be top 5 team in their first year, and they probably spend more money this year to sort their PU than on aero.
"Whoever you are, no matter what social position you have, rich or poor, always show great strength and determination, and always do everything with much love and deep faith in God. One day you will reach your goal." Ayrton Senna

Vasconia

popovic94 wrote:
Vasconia wrote:

I would not be so surprised,this is just my opinion they will probably need 2-3 years more to bring their chasis to top level. It is imposible to expect from them to be top 5 team in their first year, and they probably spend more money this year to sort their PU than on aero.
I don´t know, Renault is quite happy with the PU itself and the chasis seems to be good, I still have some abouts his comments... :-k