2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Redragon

Re: 2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

proteus wrote:
21 Mar 2017, 21:30
flexcon wrote:
21 Mar 2017, 19:15
>>>

angina
anˈdʒʌɪnə/Submit
noun
a condition marked by severe pain in the chest, often also spreading to the shoulders, arms, and neck, owing to an inadequate blood supply to the heart.
"he had high blood pressure and he suffered from angina"
any of a number of disorders in which there is an intense localized pain.
"Ludwig's angina"

What can we read from this?... :P [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Well it cant be that the car is so fast that when he breaks he feels such horrendeus pain all over the body.
The translation or meaning in spanish if you don't add "Chest" after Angina is more like
inflammation of the tonsils

PlatinumZealot

flexcon wrote:
21 Mar 2017, 19:15
>>>

angina
anˈdʒʌɪnə/Submit
noun
a condition marked by severe pain in the chest, often also spreading to the shoulders, arms, and neck, owing to an inadequate blood supply to the heart.
"he had high blood pressure and he suffered from angina"
any of a number of disorders in which there is an intense localized pain.
"Ludwig's angina"

What can we read from this?... :P [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
In my university days there was a nicknamed "hand-gina."
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Vasconia

Redragon wrote:
21 Mar 2017, 23:11
GoranF1 wrote:
21 Mar 2017, 17:25
Vasconia wrote:
21 Mar 2017, 16:53

Awful....one of the worst... yest, it sounds truly bad.
Gary Andesron said it, Scrabs said it, strangly enough on every single video from testing the car doesnt look twitchy in that corner 3 at all.
Even Boullier said "the chasis is too heavy to race" on an interview for an interview to AS http://motor.as.com/motor/2017/03/14/fo ... 73547.html
It´s the very first time I read this, I hope it isn´t true...

Andres125sx

Goran2812 wrote:
21 Mar 2017, 19:40
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I was about to throw in some google links on angina as well... hahaha :D
Maybe he's not aware of the true nature of that word... :D
In spanish it is the same word, so yes, he is perfectly aware :wink:

FrukostScones

the car looks lovely, the livery "grew on me", the orange is really a nice orange. I love orange. Same color as my snowboard bindings. Yummy.
Most outstanding car. Only RB and Ferrari look as unigue.
The PU will hopefully be unlocked soon (it looks already pretty pro!, as we have seen on th enew pics, nicely wrapped exhausts.)
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

diffuser

FrukostScones wrote:
22 Mar 2017, 15:14
the car looks lovely, the livery "grew on me", the orange is really a nice orange. I love orange. Same color as my snowboard bindings. Yummy.
Most outstanding car. Only RB and Ferrari look as unigue.
The PU will hopefully be unlocked soon (it looks already pretty pro!, as we have seen on th enew pics, nicely wrapped exhausts.)

See I like this ....

The orange stands out so much that I loose the white line and the black, that what I've come to understand that I like.

Upclose, when I see this

That black just looks like a bad paint job. It isn't matt, it isn't glossy. If it had more of a finish like the dark gray from last year(not the color, the finish) maybe.

What would also be nice is, all orange and replace the white stripe with a black one(keep the same pattern) with the white lettering.

mclaren111

Agree. Love the orange !!!!!!!!!!

Loose the white !!!!!!!!!!!!! Shark fin must be orange as well :D :D :D

Alonso Fan

They can't loose the white, its Honda's colour
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

Vasconia

3 years and they are stil reluctant to do it, so I am not very hopeful about this.

zeph

That is pretty much the same that was said about Toyota back when it was in F1. The team's decision making process was severally hampered by the need for corporate HQ approval for just about everything, which could take weeks or months.

And they chose to set up shop in Köln (Germany), rather than in "motorsport valley", which proved to be an obstacle for hiring certain top talent.

diffuser

Alonso Fan wrote:
22 Mar 2017, 16:17
They can't loose the white, its Honda's colour
It wasn't there last year. The white lettering is fine.

torpor

Sorry guys. It is heart-warming how loyal you are to McLaren when it comes to the livery. But it's obviously not the result of a thorough, comprehensive design process by people educated and expirienced in graphics.
And it's also a technically bad paint job. Color looks completely different under changing light conditions. Sometimes the body looks red while the rear wing looks ochery.

Unworthy for a style-driven company that McLaren is.
Last edited by torpor on 23 Mar 2017, 00:43, edited 1 time in total.

proteus

torpor wrote:
22 Mar 2017, 23:49
Sorry guys. It is heart-warming how loyal you are to McLaren when it comes to the livery. But it's obviously not the result of a thorough, comprehensive design provess by people educated and expirienced in graphics.
And it's also a technically bad paint job. Color looks completely different under changing light conditions. Sometimes the body looks red while the rear wing looks ochery.

Yes, that is youre opinion. Noone says youre not allowed to have it. No matter what Mclaren would do and how they would paint their car there would allways be some know-it-all who would feel the need to express his esthetic superiority of taste.

To me the car looks great. The only thing which does not fit on it is the fin - same goes for the rest of the field as well. Orange goes great with the black, i like that mat black and thankfully they went for wings having color and not being just plain black. White is a nice touch that breaks the borders between orange and black.

And what goes for the orange changing the color to red: Atleast those who cried for red/white Mclaren can get their 5 minutes of happiness.

Im just surprised how some people nagg about Mclaren on and on. Did u critisized the Ferrari livery? Its bad u know, did u critisized about it - ofcourse not - why not? Since they are a traditional team as well and all they managed to make was red/white distributed like making the design on a Windows Paint program...
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

Cemetitious

torpor wrote:
22 Mar 2017, 23:49
Sorry guys. It is heart-warming how loyal you are to McLaren when it comes to the livery. But it's obviously not the result of a thorough, comprehensive design provess by people educated and expirienced in graphics.

100% Agree. I wish people didn't beg for the orange it just looks tacky. Honestly the West era livery is the best IMHO. The silver and black just looked classy. But If they wanted to make a statement then they should have just replicated the 2006 papaya orange testing livery, not this.

I just have a feeling that this was put together by a committee who wanted to erase all of Dennis' attributes, i.e the clinical monotone design and MP4 moniker. For me, that was "McLaren". The whole "pre Ron" days were not as iconic, my fondest McLaren memories were of the 90's and 00's. Shame how its all backfired.....