2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Danlizzyman

Re: 2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

proteus wrote:
23 Mar 2017, 00:07
torpor wrote:
22 Mar 2017, 23:49
Sorry guys. It is heart-warming how loyal you are to McLaren when it comes to the livery. But it's obviously not the result of a thorough, comprehensive design provess by people educated and expirienced in graphics.
And it's also a technically bad paint job. Color looks completely different under changing light conditions. Sometimes the body looks red while the rear wing looks ochery.

Unworthy for a style-driven company that McLaren is.
To me the car looks great. The only thing which does not fit on it is the fin - same goes for the rest of the field as well. Orange goes great with the black, i like that mat black and thankfully they went for wings having color and not being just plain black. White is a nice touch that breaks the borders between orange and black.
Fixed that post for you. You can't say everyone is entitled to an opinion and then in the very next line complain about someone's opinion just because it's different from yours. You like it, he doesn't, get over it.

Pierce89

Turbo, I will mail you 10$ US, if you'll start immediately deleting all livery talk. If that's not enough money, PM me, and we'll negotiate.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

Jef Patat

Pierce89 wrote:
23 Mar 2017, 04:46
Turbo, I will mail you 10$ US, if you'll start immediately deleting all livery talk. If that's not enough money, PM me, and we'll negotiate.
I'm very willing to help out. Maybe crowfund, that seems cool these days. And maybe not delete but move it to a separate topic. We have a livery thread don't we?

Thunder

And i thought my expectations were low.... :shock:

http://www.racer.com/f1/item/139032-it- ... -fix-brown
Brown expects to be fighting at the back of the grid at this weekend's Australian Grand Prix, setting a simple target of trying to get both cars to the finish of the race.
"I don't know how many races we've got there but I would be pleasantly surprised if we made it out of Q1 in Melbourne,"
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

GoranF1

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

RedNEO

I told you Honda produced another dogs breakfast of an engine just like 2015. Tokens don't hold them back and more teams testing for them won't fix the real problem in that they just don't know how to build a good engine from the get go.

Just look at these pictures and correlate them to the statements coming out of McLaren and you start to see where this is going..

Last edited by RedNEO on 23 Mar 2017, 10:26, edited 1 time in total.

Thunder

Maybe they should have read the Entire Interview. :roll: :roll:

What he really said was:
But it's not going to be a quick fix so I'm also not going to sit here and say, 'stay tuned for China, we're going to be back where we want to be.'
#aerogollum

JonoNic

RedNEO wrote:
23 Mar 2017, 10:25
I told you Honda produced another dogs breakfast of an engine just like 2015. Tokens don't hold them back and more teams testing for them won't fix the real problem in that they just don't know how to build a good engine from the get go.

Just look at these pictures and correlate them to the statements coming out of McLaren and you start to see where this is going..

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C7ko_6BVsAITxUy.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C7kpAOkU8AA1Y9I.jpg
They are having lunch... So you can tell all this from a lunch table?
Always find the gap then use it.

RedNEO

JonoNic wrote:
23 Mar 2017, 10:28
RedNEO wrote:
23 Mar 2017, 10:25

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C7ko_6BVsAITxUy.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C7kpAOkU8AA1Y9I.jpg
They are having lunch... So you can tell all this from a lunch table?
What are they having for lunch? iPhones?

Vasconia

Another cryptic comment.... what the hell is trying to sell to us? :wtf:

BosF1

Well, first they need to work step by step to solve problems they encounter by turning the PU up one notch at the time. The rest has done this in testing, but we all know how that went for McHonda. I honoustly don't expect them to turn the PU up to full power until race 3, like last year. So this article fits quite in the planning I figured they would do. For now it is just hoping they finish the race.

Thunder

Vasconia wrote:
23 Mar 2017, 10:30
Another cryptic comment.... what the hell is trying to sell to us? :wtf:
Just read my post below Goran's.....
#aerogollum

BosF1

Thunders wrote:
23 Mar 2017, 10:26

What he really said was:
But it's not going to be a quick fix so I'm also not going to sit here and say, 'stay tuned for China, we're going to be back where we want to be.'
Hahaha, talking about putting things out of context!

RedNEO

Thunders wrote:
23 Mar 2017, 10:26

What he really said was:
This is how easily people are fooled. Most haven't even noticed that it was taken out of context and the link you posted.. sigh

Thunder

And just to make sure everyone on this new Page knows, this is the Interview that bit was ripped out of:
http://www.racer.com/f1/item/139032-it- ... -fix-brown
#aerogollum