2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
diffuser

Re: 2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

One can dream ?

Jef Patat

Thunders wrote:
23 Mar 2017, 15:03
I mean my explanation of Decent would be "no Driver needs more than 1 Engine replaced over the Weekend, they finish the Race and are somewhere in the respectable Midfield".

I'm really not asking for THAT much. ^^
:lol:
As much as I hope for the same I think pigs will fly first.

*Keeps an eye on the sky*

Jef Patat

Even FA shoes seem to have prototyping parts.

ollandos

the track said the true ..mclaren and honda they know very well what must hide and keep secret..about the situation ..if honda problems its only about maps .. ( i dont believe it) this need sort time ...mclaren at the moment they cant do nothing simple wait ..but i think they thinking to build already the MCL32M (aka mercedes) for abu dhabi test... :twisted: :twisted: the only good sing can come for this weekend its the gap ..from top team..if they are 1.5 and over back the season is over ..

dren

Jesus, Mclaren isn't going to spend half the season redesigning and building a new chassis just for a Mercedes PU.
Honda!

mclaren111

Andres125sx wrote:
23 Mar 2017, 12:02
Thunders wrote:
23 Mar 2017, 09:38
And i thought my expectations were low.... :shock:

http://www.racer.com/f1/item/139032-it- ... -fix-brown
Brown expects to be fighting at the back of the grid at this weekend's Australian Grand Prix, setting a simple target of trying to get both cars to the finish of the race.
"I don't know how many races we've got there but I would be pleasantly surprised if we made it out of Q1 in Melbourne,"
And what were you expecting after winter tests?

I´m probably the most optimistic person about McHonda in this forum, but I´m also a realistic person and after all the problems suffered in winter you simply can´t expect Honda to solve all their problems and then magically the PU can make 58 laps without any problem when they´ve not done a half of that yet :roll:

But I really find it surprising how people is getting suprised by Honda reliability problems. What did you expect after they said theirselves BEFORE winter tests they went for a radical design wich may have reliability problems at the beginning? I´ll repeat this as many people obviously missed it, Hasegawa said before winter tests their radical design to make a huge step forward in perfomance will also bring reliability problems at the beginning of the season.

When I read that I instantly knew first third of the season would be similar to 2015, at least about reliability. My hopes are not about reliability, that will be problematic like it or not. My hopes are about perfomance, wich is what they´re targeting at this point, perfomance, not reliability.

Ok reliability was so bad in pre-season tests they couldn´t even test how the PU performs, but I´ll repeat it, if reliability problems are surprising for any of you, then you didn´t pay attention to Hasegawa statements.

IMHO an optimistic, but realistic point of view about this proyect would be accepting several or even huge reliability problems at the start of the season, but once they start solving those problem the PU should perform decently, and hopefully at last third of the season it will perform at Renault and Ferrari level, wich should be close to Mercedes

That´s their target, not a bullet proof PU from first GP, so to me if they reach that target it would be awesome. Any other hope is plain and simple, daydreaming
SPOT-ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!

If only everybody read this post (which was posted / referred to at least 10 times), we would not have to read all these other silly posts with unrealistic predictions etc !!

diffuser

I agree with the general tone, to me reliability is like peering into a a dark hole. We don't know what's down there till we go down there. So it is likely that they have other issues, considering the lack of running, thou the quantity and gravity isn't known.

To me waiting to the last 3ird of races for the PU to be up to snuff would be a worst case scenario.

nanocustic

Singabule wrote:Their chasis only fifth at best, combine with trial engine mapping only make worse. Remind me JB comment on 2015,the car is scary (undriverable)
Your eyes see performance remarkably well
Meliora

Alonso Fan

nanocustic wrote:
23 Mar 2017, 20:24
Singabule wrote:Their chasis only fifth at best, combine with trial engine mapping only make worse. Remind me JB comment on 2015,the car is scary (undriverable)
I was gonna ask Singabule to predict the running order for the weekend, since he can see performance very well especially in testing... i'd advise watching some youtube videos of the cars testing to get an idea of how they handle, then come back with a pecking order. and we'll see if it's correct (yes I challenge you Singabule)

edit: i'm not saying that I necessarily disagree with you Singabule
Last edited by Alonso Fan on 23 Mar 2017, 22:56, edited 1 time in total.
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

godlameroso

We'll find out in 4 hours.
Saishū kōnā

Singabule

Hey, behind Merc, Ferrari, RB, and Will is not bad isnt, they look more mature

Singabule

Alonso Fan wrote:
23 Mar 2017, 22:48
nanocustic wrote:
23 Mar 2017, 20:24
I was gonna ask Singabule to predict the running order for the weekend, since he can see performance very well especially in testing... i'd advise watching some youtube videos of the cars testing to get an idea of how they handle, then come back with a pecking order. and we'll see if it's correct (yes I challenge you Singabule)

edit: i'm not saying that I necessarily disagree with you Singabule
Well, i hope u see the video one more time. Are they look better than Wil? #-o also, my prediction on engine mapping is spot on, Hasegawa confirm that. Btw, i hope im wrong in prediction [-o<

PlatinumZealot

Okay then. Now that was a shitty display by McHonda! :wtf:
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

FW17

1 second behind the mid field train.

bad.

GhostF1

Was anyone expecting differently in P1?... You don't think that's jumping the gun... I'm amazed Alonso is 14th.. considering McLaren were running aero testing components for a majority of the test and were the only team smacking into the engine limiter on the straight... so I'm assuming Honda are saving the engine massively

Before saying that was woeful. Let's see what they bring by qualifying, and even then I'm not expecting any mass miracles..