2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
ClarkBT11

Re: 2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

The FIA said it would analyse the potential of each power unit after the first three races of 2017 and, if the difference between them exceeded 0.3 seconds on a simulation around the Barcelona circuit, then the Strategy Group would be asked to intervene.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.ph ... -discussed

Finally some common sense privails? Somehow I can't see a unanimous decision for this year especially if the plan is to get rid of penalty's for going over the allotted PU components. Unless the break of the rules only apply to Honda then it might be considered. The best answer for F1 would be YES! I think McLaren, Honda and theirs fans have been through enough pain the last three year's and we need to show other new engine supplier's they will get support if their contemplating spending 1 billion on a F1 programme​.

bauc

McLaren duo get engine reliability update for Russia

Good News!

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/mcla ... ia-897597/
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

PlatinumZealot

I rather them be fast and unreliable than reliable and slow but if this reliability unlocks speed then I will be pleasantly surprised.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

makecry
makecry

PlatinumZealot wrote:
24 Apr 2017, 23:40
I rather them be fast and unreliable than reliable and slow but if this reliability unlocks speed then I will be pleasantly surprised.
It says it's not a new spec. So I doubt it's gonna help much. It might just be a small fix .

Jef Patat
Jef Patat

I've lost my optimism. I love reading this news but my head goes 'seeing is believing'.

Vasconia

bauc wrote:
24 Apr 2017, 18:08

Good News!

If this works we should see both cars finishing the race and with a slightly better performance. Anyway this improvement will be difficult to measure because this track doesn´t suit the McLaren at all. This is more about reliability.

For further(and more important) performance updates we must wait until Barcelona or Canada, if I am not wrong.

godlameroso

Slightly better and more reliable is all it takes to creep into or just outside q3, considering chassis updates that McLaren always bring. Canada would be the absolute earliest for any significant power gain, but more likely Azerbaijan or Austria. Hopefully that allows them to catch up to Renault PU, which would get them above last year's level of competitiveness.
Saishū kōnā

Alonso Fan

Vasconia wrote:
25 Apr 2017, 12:08
bauc wrote:

Good News!

If this works we should see both cars finishing the race and with a slightly better performance. Anyway this improvement will be difficult to measure because this track doesn´t suit the McLaren at all. This is more about reliability.

For further(and more important) performance updates we must wait until Barcelona or Canada, if I am not wrong.
are you sure it doesn't suit McLaren? they've had comparatively good races here the last two years
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

godlameroso

Despite appearances Sochi is actually more chassis track, and the nature of the corners means driver skill also plays a role, moreso than being an outright power track. Silverstone is actually more of a power track than Sochi.
Saishū kōnā

ronanharris09
ronanharris09

I'll get some pictures from F1 App Data, and compare the data with previous Bahrain race.
What is noticeable much from previous season is the current PU could throttle better and cornering performance increased from 4.x to 6.x points.
When it comes to 💻 science 💫, what I much about it 💢 is analyzing the 📉 📊 👌.

KingHamilton01

I think personally that McLaren's first Aim need's to be getting both cars to the finish, that will go hand in hand with providing them more useful data on where to they need to improve with the engine and chassis. Both car's with another DNF would be extremely disappointing! here is hoping the latest update can allow McLaren to do that.
McLaren Mercedes

Vasconia

Alonso Fan wrote:
25 Apr 2017, 12:34
Vasconia wrote:
25 Apr 2017, 12:08
bauc wrote:

Good News!

are you sure it doesn't suit McLaren? they've had comparatively good races here the last two years
2016 was surprisingly good but I wouldn´t say its a McLaren track taking a look to the track design. But if they repeat the good performance I will eat my words, and I won´t complain.

GhostF1
GhostF1

This makes me nervous -__-

Thunder

That leaves sooooo much for speculation. Love it. :D
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum