2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
JuanjoTS

Re: 2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

ALO today to feel the iron in the Indy, today you know your real position, 24, I have known it since running in the Nissan series, it is a computer / machine will break the brain tomorrow to improve, today practiced group running, In curve, I'm sure he's angry for not being faster, I do not know if he's going to sleep or he'll get to work with the simulator like crazy. Every time this happens, it grows exponentially, it's good, it's going to make you demand what f1 does not do, this is good to keep it to the maximum level.

makecry

JuanjoTS wrote:
17 May 2017, 00:11
ALO today to feel the iron in the Indy, today you know your real position, 24, I have known it since running in the Nissan series, it is a computer / machine will break the brain tomorrow to improve, today practiced group running, In curve, I'm sure he's angry for not being faster, I do not know if he's going to sleep or he'll get to work with the simulator like crazy. Every time this happens, it grows exponentially, it's good, it's going to make you demand what f1 does not do, this is good to keep it to the maximum level.
What? You clearly have no idea how Indy works.

JuanjoTS

makecry wrote:
17 May 2017, 00:14
JuanjoTS wrote:
What? You clearly have no idea how Indy works.
We have it to you so that with your explanation we can learn ... I'm not an expert in indu, it's my first time.

With my little experience has seemed to me that the subject of the holes in curve lacks improvement, has in his head the characteristics of the f1 in terms of holes in the curve and distance with which goes ahead

HPD

Nobody is doing qualifying simulation, they can easily go over 230 mph. The best time of Alonso was on lap 23.. Just like many others.

GhostF1

HPD wrote:
17 May 2017, 03:49
Nobody is doing qualifying simulation, they can easily go over 230 mph. The best time of Alonso was on lap 23.. Just like many others.
+1 for this. Alonso said he and the team have no interest in doing a qualifying simulation, they are spending all their time in prepping the car's race form, to get it perfect. It's unlikely you'll see him doing highly competitive times/speeds at all during practice and quali.

Vasconia

Pretty interested in what Alonso is doing in the Indi, but having already a place to speak about it, shouldn´t we focus here on the F1 team?

Button says that he may "fully" return in 2018. I guess this will depend on how he performs in Monaco.

Andres125sx

JuanjoTS wrote:
ALO today to feel the iron in the Indy, today you know your real position, 24
JuanjoTS wrote:
17 May 2017, 00:40
. I'm not an expert in indy, it's my first time.
:roll: #-o

JuanjoTS

HPD wrote:
17 May 2017, 03:49
Going to 370 km / h should not be so easy, they only got 5 last year.

https://goo.gl/photos/ES4eq8FLJDu2h9ZQ8

I am a fan of ALO, it is normal that I have to learn, nobody is born taught. When these things happen to you, it grows a lot, for a time that did not have a challenge like that, you are enjoying it.

A negative for an opinion? What will be next? A crucifixion? 😂

etusch

Manoah2u wrote:
16 May 2017, 21:37
lol linking to your harddrive doesn't work buddy.

anyway, it's not worth dealing with right now. there's nothing to gain there when they're in this shape. at best that will bring them 3 or 4 seconds over a full race distance. Even if that would get them 1 p up, that would surely still leave them in P12 or P13 at the very, very best. so really, why even bother.
Puting a side characteristic of track, I think, with new updates on PU, they can use a qual mod. This can be good even if they start races P7 or P8 and finish P10 or lower position. And to see development is important even if its small.
I am not sure about qual mode. İf new PU will not be introduced Canada we will see there if it is true or not.

Writinglife

I'd be more than happy for Button to do 2018 alongside VanDoorne.

Alonso disappearing to Indy would be a bonus.

ALO_Power

Writinglife wrote:
17 May 2017, 14:09

#-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o

Yea yea hahaha, keep Toyota GT86 and let McLaren P1 go.

Hater alert !!!

Writinglife

Not a hater as such, more like a "disliker" I fully admit that Alonso has great talent, behind the wheel, but I'm just disappointed in his attitude to teams.

Vasconia

Writinglife wrote:
17 May 2017, 15:36
Not a hater as such, more like a "disliker" I fully admit that Alonso has great talent, behind the wheel, but I'm just disappointed in his attitude to teams.
Never have been an Alonso fan, in fact I have disliked several times his attitude towards the teams. I could even agree that some of his comments about the team between 2014 and 2017 has been pretty harsh but come one, McLaren Honda´s terrible performance is too much to accept it without some criticism.

Moreover, his performance has saved McLaren from even a bigger ridicule.

Manoah2u

Writinglife wrote:

lol, vandoorne supposedly is 'the new wonderkid' but he's getting snowed under completely.
Button kept up with Alonso all the time, so VanDoorne really needs to step up or he might
actually risk getting replaced by Button in the end after all.

If Alonso is not @ Mclaren in 2018, he's at Mercedes. Still, i can see a Button-Alonso reunion next year.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Manoah2u

ALO_Power wrote:
17 May 2017, 15:10
Writinglife wrote:

#-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o

Yea yea hahaha, keep Toyota GT86 and let McLaren P1 go.

Hater alert !!!
this.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"