2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
namao

Re: 2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

bauc wrote:OMG, so there will be a bit orange on the car ?! :o =D> [-o< :mrgreen:
The are linking the colours of Richard Mille with the launch of the MP4-32. Strange.

bauc

namao wrote:
bauc wrote:OMG, so there will be a bit orange on the car ?! :o =D> [-o< :mrgreen:
The are linking the colours of Richard Mille with the launch of the MP4-32. Strange.
Maybe Richard Mille will be present more on the MP4-32 livery as one of the major non-title sponsor's
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

Mansell89

Let's hope we get a really dynamic livery that's a bit fun and a bit sexy, unlike the corporate carbon black that we have endured!

We have been here before though!

PABLOEING

¿Filming day in McLaren the February 24 too?

Macklaren

bauc wrote:
namao wrote:
Maybe Richard Mille will be present more on the MP4-32 livery as one of the major non-title sponsor's
Based on the date announcement, it is almost certain in my mind that this is the final livery for the car with sponsor stickers added on it. Looks like the "orange hexagonal grid thingy" is the new Mclaren corporate color scheme. Not entirely sure how I feel about it -- looks cool but somewhat generic and not sure it will age well. I already somewhat miss the outgoing livery, which was understated but timeless and looked fantastic (IMHO)

Gridlock

It was the best-looking car under artificial lighting (ie more lighting), that's for sure. Thank AzkoNobel I guess.

RedNEO

Macklaren wrote:
bauc wrote:
namao wrote:
Based on the date announcement, it is almost certain in my mind that this is the final livery for the car with sponsor stickers added on it. Looks like the "orange hexagonal grid thingy" is the new Mclaren corporate color scheme. Not entirely sure how I feel about it -- looks cool but somewhat generic and not sure it will age well. I already somewhat miss the outgoing livery, which was understated but timeless and looked fantastic (IMHO)
Prepare to be surprised then

cliffgamerz

I somewhat feel that they would not call it MP4-32 instead it may be called as MH-01.

Manoah2u

not liking this hexagonal livery. perhaps if the colors are flipped i might, but i don't know. feel like Mclaren is losing its heritage more and more.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

skoop

Guys, don't get too hyped up about that livery. Do you remember how they used to tease us with red and white before the first year with Honda? We all know how well that went...

GoranF1

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

Redragon

It would be nice to have this dark matt coating like redbull and then have orange hexagons that appear with the reflection of the light as back purple hexagons from renault livery presentation of last year. so the hexagons are not visible at first but in movement they flash on the livery like Tron effect.

http://static.moniteurautomobile.be/img ... tag-f1.jpg

http://i2.cdn.cnn.com/cnnnext/dam/asset ... er-169.jpg

Thunder

So there will be Orange. From the Article GoranF1 posted above:
ZB: No…well, you’ll see some livery changes. I think everyone’s going to like the race car. It’s cool.

SM: Can you give us a hint? Is it traditional?

ZB: It’s not traditional. Well, it depends what you define as traditional! If there’s some orange in it, you’ll be happy.
And on the Name of the Car:
SM: Can we expect a name change in the car from MP4?

ZB: No, I think we’re going to stay where we are.

SM: So the car will still be the MP4-32?

ZB: “Yes.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

mclaren111

Manoah2u wrote:not liking this hexagonal livery. perhaps if the colors are flipped i might, but i don't know. feel like Mclaren is losing its heritage more and more.
Agree with you on this !! Don't like it at all :(

The more Orange the better :D :D

LOOKS FANTASTIC

outsid3r

mclaren111 wrote:
Manoah2u wrote:not liking this hexagonal livery. perhaps if the colors are flipped i might, but i don't know. feel like Mclaren is losing its heritage more and more.
Agree with you on this !! Don't like it at all :(
I think the livery is not the problem as such - its who is adopting it. If it were a completely new team that livery would be freakin' awesome... but McLaren? I think they should base their livery on an old one and maybe do some changes over that, just for the sake of continuity