2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Thunder

Re: 2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

They want to start a new Era, if this is supposed to be the starting point after the transitional Years 2015 and 2016 were i say go ahead with something new.

That Hexagonal Livery looks cool but will be to busy once Sponsor Logos come into Play. They could partially tone it down to account for that i guess or something. But i don't think this is an indicator for the final Livery.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

mclaren111

Thunders wrote:They want to start a new Era, if this is supposed to be the starting point after the transitional Years 2015 and 2016 were i say go ahead with something new.
It's ok to start something new, but I like the continuity that historical colors identifies with the brand of Mclaren - Orange does it for me :D

bauc

GoranF1 wrote:Zak Brown confirmes livery change.

https://badgergp.com/zak-brown-man-get- ... ack-track/
Overall a great interview with Zak, so thank you for sharing this. You can see that he is clearly motivated and determined to bring back Mclaren to the top.
Also I like his ideas that a GP should be like a mini super ball game, its once per year (in each country) so why not make a spectacle out of it and than the race would be the ice on the cake.

***EDIT***
So ORANGE is the new BLACK? :mrgreen:
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

Manoah2u

Yeah, jut look how amazing that looks. Papaya orange, perfect.

unfortunately, with Renault having a near-similar color, i don't expect to see that.
especially with Mclaren actually copying their design - the 2016 Renault contender had hexagonal shapes on it's engine cover.
lame.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Manoah2u

In my opinion, the problem with the current and 'hexagonal' livery [claimed to be a one-off, lets hope it stays like that] of Mclaren, is that it simply has zero heritage, flow, or anything in that sense.

Mclaren's original color is papaya orange, so that needs to be kept in the back of the mind.
Mclaren at certain point got a deal with Marlboro and ran that livery for a really really long time.

The white-red scheme was all Mclaren and still the most recognisable. After that, they switched to West and turned into a still enjoyable Black-Silvery and red-accented livery.
they kept that for a reasonable time too, untill the Vodafone titlesponsor. They essentially flowed the West livery into one with more Red Accents, and the strikingly good looking
chrome paintjob appeared.
then, vodafone went, and a lot of red disappeared and we were left with a bit more dullish livery - but one that still was clearly recognisable and identifyable as Mclaren. perhaps
even a bit boring, but still clearly Mclaren.

what i don't like about the full black is that it just doesnt fit Mclaren imho. it's too dark, too black, lifeless. it has no heritage, it's plain. Now, we get something worse imho, black
with orange hexagonal shapes.

imho it's a cheap trick to think just slamming some papaya orange lines on it will make people go mayhem. it doesn't. the design is again boring and lifeless and adds nothing.
it looks busy and chaotic, and it's very unoriginal. Renault ran it, the hexagonal shape is rather 'fashion' for a while in computer games and the ICT world. Renault did it rather
good to be honest, and applaud them for it.
Just cheaply copying them is bad taste to be honest, and executed rather bad.

i sincerely hope we won't get a livery that resembles this one-off thing at all. Signs unfortunately are that we will. The announcement 'design', and the entire fact that they made
that livery are worrying to me - after all, what purpose would that livery have?

perhaps it'll translate better in reality on a new design, we'll see. i'm unfortunately disappointed by Mclaren so many times the past 8 years, i think it's starting to hit rock bottom.
once my favourite team besides Ferrari and classic Lotus, and Tyrrell, (Brawn was the last addition that i enjoyed a lot), i dont know what to think anymore.

visionless, is all i can say about it.
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

Manoah2u

i mean, just look how good this looks.
why can't they get a gulf deal? they run gulf liveries on their road race cars?

this looks great too.

RedNEO

bauc wrote:
GoranF1 wrote:Zak Brown confirmes livery change.

https://badgergp.com/zak-brown-man-get- ... ack-track/
Overall a great interview with Zak, so thank you for sharing this. You can see that he is clearly motivated and determined to bring back Mclaren to the top.
Also I like his ideas that a GP should be like a mini super ball game, its once per year (in each country) so why not make a spectacle out of it and than the race would be the ice on the cake.

***EDIT***
So ORANGE is the new BLACK? :mrgreen:
He's not actually saying there will be orange in the livery..

Thunder

Well it's as much confirmation as you can get at this point. Let's call it a massive Hint, since he won't go on and list the full list of Colors used.
#aerogollum

RedNEO

Thunders wrote:Well it's as much confirmation as you can get at this point. Let's call it a massive Hint, since he won't go on and list the full list of Colors used.
If they could make it a dark orange it might look ok like on McLaren's automotive twitter background ...

Thunder

To be fair english is not my native language, but i read that sentence differently.

Scrap the part about traditional. As ZB said, it depends what you define as traditional. What's left is the second sentence. So to me the tldr of all that is "If you like liveries with orange in them, you'll like our new Livery."

I guess we will see....
#aerogollum

Thunder

RedNEO wrote: If they could make it a dark orange it might look ok like on McLaren's automotive twitter background ...
https://s30.postimg.org/lhivks96p/IMG_6788.jpg
I think they should go for an orange like that. Papaya Orange is cool, but pretty close to the Renault Yellow an a pretty bland color itself. Also i think Orange will only be a highlight color, not full on like Renault.
#aerogollum

RedNEO

Thunders wrote:To be fair english is not my native language, but i read that sentence differently.

Scrap the part about traditional. As ZB said, it depends what you define as traditional. What's left is the second sentence. So to me the tldr of all that is "If you like liveries with orange in them, you'll like our new Livery."

I guess we will see....
Yeah you're probably on the money with that interpretation.
Thunders wrote: I think they should go for an orange like that. Papaya Orange is cool, but pretty close to the Renault Yellow an a pretty bland color itself. Also i think Orange will only be a highlight color, not full on like Renault.
It would look better if they used black on the wings/bargeboards/side of the sidepods and that dark orange for the rest imo.
Last edited by RedNEO on 17 Jan 2017, 15:57, edited 1 time in total.

Starscreamer

Let the livery looks like this [-o<
#33 2 THE MAX 3RSTAPP3N
***WORLD CHAMPION 2021, 2022 & 2023

Manoah2u

a while ago, there was this

it's more of a bronze-copperish hue, but still enjoyable. perhaps with some black hexagon touches it's ok , i don't know.

TAG

Nothing would be more grating I than a beautifully liveried car languishing towards the tail end of the midfield. Performance first.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत