2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Mansell89

Re: 2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

Really pleased to see Castrol link up happening early.

Will this bring their actual fuel on board for 2017 or will it just be the name until they work on a fuel for 2018?

mclaren111

a1b2i3r45 wrote:"Every single team has been asked to provide simulations for their 2017 cars. We used these simulations to feed our simulation software." So FIA already knows the 2017 pecking order. I wonder where McLaren lies in the order.
http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-20 ... ia-866178/
Do you think they will give 100% accurate sims ??

I think they will sandbag like in winter testing :mrgreen:

astracrazy

I would expect so because I would imagine its a safety thing, its going to be confidential so I can't see why they would hide where they are now

I saw on another thread the fia have given Australia the heads up on the estimated changes on corner speeds and breaking distances. So i would imagine they have used this data to estimate this.

Manoah2u

RedNEO wrote:
Manoah2u wrote:
RedNEO wrote:
The more important picture is the real photo of Vandoorne wearing Castrol sponsored gear.
and no one of you guys realise i was not quoting that picture at all but the twitter post of Sean Bull ?

#-o #-o #-o #-o #-o
What?
I think you're confused. The guy quoting you was talking about the Castrol logo in the Sean Bull twitter post. And I said that picture is irrelevant because it's just a fan image compared to a photo of Vandoorne wearing a T-shirt with the Castrol logo. Get it?
i think it's clear you're the one that's confused.......
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Manoah2u

mclaren111 wrote:
a1b2i3r45 wrote:"Every single team has been asked to provide simulations for their 2017 cars. We used these simulations to feed our simulation software." So FIA already knows the 2017 pecking order. I wonder where McLaren lies in the order.

40 kmph in a corner is a lot, cool.

100% accurate sims? i think so, but then how accurate are the sims in comparison to real life? i assume it's very very close but still. then, what use does it not providing full accurate sim data?

it seems to me all that they're doing is provide their info so that the FIA has a total image on what to expect, and then to inform the race venues what to expect.
it also brings vital data for the tires too, i'd say.

does FIA know the pecking order from it? good question.
depends on the amount of data they recieve i'd say, and the amount of simulation done.

for example, on friday free practice, there is a lot of work going on. but during qually, the end results are vastly different.
and then in racing, it's different again.

but i think they might have an idea whether there will be more domination........
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

RedNEO

Manoah2u wrote:
RedNEO wrote:
Manoah2u wrote:
and no one of you guys realise i was not quoting that picture at all but the twitter post of Sean Bull ?

#-o #-o #-o #-o #-o
What?
I think you're confused. The guy quoting you was talking about the Castrol logo in the Sean Bull twitter post. And I said that picture is irrelevant because it's just a fan image compared to a photo of Vandoorne wearing a T-shirt with the Castrol logo. Get it?
i think it's clear you're the one that's confused.......
Not really since I was the only person to recognise what atleast one of you was referring to. You two were the confused ones.

GoranF1

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

taperoo2k

Mansell89 wrote:Really pleased to see Castrol link up happening early.

Will this bring their actual fuel on board for 2017 or will it just be the name until they work on a fuel for 2018?
Honda works with Castrol in other motorsports (MotoGP), so it's very likely they will have new fuels and lubricants ready for the start of the 2017 season, with development going on over the year. I see little point in having a stop gap fuel and lubricant supply for 2017, as that will impact on the PU development. We don't really know when the deal with castrol was struck, could have been months ago or recently.

mclaren111

There were rumors of Mobil leaving and BP joining in +- middle of last year already.

Very possible Honda might have changed to Castrol and BP quite some time ago.

Sevach

Dennis was always the one who wanted Mclaren to be grey and "classy", let's see what they come up with now.

GoranF1

I have heard things about new livery.....cant say much as a respect to a friend of mine but it will be quite exciting.

GoranF1

https://goo.gl/images/BdXdru

Not same but close....
Last edited by GoranF1 on 18 Jan 2017, 22:34, edited 1 time in total.

Jolle

Manoah2u wrote:
mclaren111 wrote:

40 kmph in a corner is a lot, cool.

100% accurate sims? i think so, but then how accurate are the sims in comparison to real life? i assume it's very very close but still. then, what use does it not providing full accurate sim data?

it seems to me all that they're doing is provide their info so that the FIA has a total image on what to expect, and then to inform the race venues what to expect.
it also brings vital data for the tires too, i'd say.

does FIA know the pecking order from it? good question.
depends on the amount of data they recieve i'd say, and the amount of simulation done.

for example, on friday free practice, there is a lot of work going on. but during qually, the end results are vastly different.
and then in racing, it's different again.

but i think they might have an idea whether there will be more domination........
The sims now are not 100% (of the 2017 cars at least). One of the main goals of (winter) testing and Friday practice is syncing the sim. So they have a rough estimate now but just a percent or two off means first or fourth. In recent history with Ferrari's wind tunnel we've seen how much damage a "bad sync" can have.

Roostfactor

[quote]https://goo.gl/images/BdXdru

Not same but close....[quote]

I really like it!

diffuser

I really like the dark grey with the day glow red. I hope they just add some orange lettering.