2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Re: 2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

Thunders wrote:
25 Jul 2017, 07:39
I'm just going to quote myself from the Last Page:

Thunders wrote:
24 Jul 2017, 13:17

There is a Sauber Team Thread for such Discussions....
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=25531&start=225
we've seen it the first time what is the problem? It has direct influence on Mclaren.
If Sauber has Honda engines, that means there is more room for faster development progress,
and they can test stuff on both mclarens and saubers on atleast a friday.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Thunder

You talked about the Sauber Drivers for next Year and how the Sauber - Honda Deal is still on. That's what i deleted. Really no need to post that in the McLaren Thread.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Oh wait, i didn't even notice you were a mod lol.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Jef Patat
Jef Patat

Thunders wanders around in stealth mode ;-)

Santozini
Santozini

Now that the Sauber deal is officially cancelled, what does that mean to McLaren? Because the way I see it, they are stuck with Honda...

godlameroso

We'll just have to wait and see what becomes of the Honda PU, I still see them making a nice step forward before the end of the year. It sucks that they can't get their act together yesterday, but that's how these things are some times.
Saishū kōnā

proteus

godlameroso wrote:
27 Jul 2017, 20:16
We'll just have to wait and see what becomes of the Honda PU, I still see them making a nice step forward before the end of the year. It sucks that they can't get their act together yesterday, but that's how these things are some times.
I dont like what i saw so far, and i like even less what i think i will see in the future.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

RS200E

It's still a waiting game with Honda. Personally I'm still quite pessimistic about whether they can do anything significant for this year or next until the results are there. I'm certainly not optimistic enough to change my avatar to a Honda logo, that's faith.
The power of Red Bull Powertrains!

ZakB
ZakB

Just read the (premium) interview with Yamamoto and it's clear that they won't quit McLaren or F1. They are talking with other teams about supplying engines in 2018, but 2019 is more likely.
Honda's level of investment - both in terms of finances and resource - backs that claim.

"We can't give you actual numbers, but we have three times as many people now in Sakura compared to the start of the project," adds Yamamoto. "Milton Keynes is also future-proofed. We moved into new facilities, which can house a second team, last year.

"As part of our long-term recruitment, we're continuing to invest in Sakura, hiring new people and drafting in people from other departments, including from mass production.

"We know as a company how much we've invested into this era of Formula 1. We can see our investment in our members of staff and facilities we have grown and developed as well.

"We are having huge investment in our facilities and in people as well. Once it comes altogether, it's going to work. That's our belief."
But Kaltenborn's departure in June threw a spanner in the works. It has since emerged Kaltenborn's view of the arrangement, and the elements of the deal she had agreed to in principle, differed from the new Sauber management's view.

With some of those elements, such as a path for working with Japanese drivers, still requiring rubberstamping, the deal was put in doubt. When the two sides met, it became clear they no longer saw eye-to-eye, so it was agreed that the deal should be cancelled.

"We were working in the same direction for next year," says Yamamoto. "However, some of the details had not been decided, such as running a Japanese driver or other activities, for example they have some facilities, which we could use for other categories. When the deal was agreed with Monisha, the idea of collaboration for other categories was OK, but they have changed their attitude [following Kaltenborn's departure]."
http://www.autosport.com/premium/featur ... -f1-future

SR71

When does Mclaren have to renegotiate "works" status?

RS200E

Second paragraph doesn't really belong in this thread. Thunders already had to delete a bunch of other team related stuff and remind us twice. Honestly I come here to find out about McLaren. Getting tired of it all being mixed up. If it's not that it's just more uneducated wild speculation.
The power of Red Bull Powertrains!

mclaren111

godlameroso wrote:
27 Jul 2017, 20:16
What happened yesterday ??

basti313
basti313

Santozini wrote:
27 Jul 2017, 16:30
Now that the Sauber deal is officially cancelled, what does that mean to McLaren? Because the way I see it, they are stuck with Honda...
The Sauber deal looked like an act against McLaren. Vasseur nicely cited the rule book by pointing out, that whoever supplies Sauber does not have to supply McLaren once Honda is out.
There is no other real interest (like development) to supply Sauber, this can be nicely seen on them running an old Ferrari engine.

With Ferrari jumping into the Sauber as fast as possible, everybody can judge on his own how Ferrari sees the situation with McLaren and Honda...
Don`t russel the hamster!

bauc

P7 & P8 on the first practise in Hungary, lest stay that way till Qually!
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

etusch

bauc wrote:
28 Jul 2017, 11:25
P7 & P8 on the first practise in Hungary, lest stay that way till Qually!
Yeah. This is 4th fastest position. very good to see stoffel also find right path. İf he keeps going this way he could be good in 2018.
I hope both can save this in qual but if they can't I believe they both can finish in points when we look cars performance.