2017 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Singabule

Re: 2017 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Renault

If MCL cost alone is 160 mio, so their budget will be nearly 500 mio per year. Next year STR would cost honda approx 60 mio only, that is a big difference. Hope that honda invest in right way or install right facility. Their track correlation is bad.

loner

i can see Honda takeover STR come end of current season with decent possibility.
regarding the new facilities in Milton Keynes and increase the budget freed from Mclaren.

will there be a replica ?!!
para bellum.

techman

i believe TR is going to be good with Honda. with spec 4 said by hasegawa to overtake renault and more funds to spend to develop engine. TR is in good position and redbull honda 2019 =D>

Manoah2u

loner wrote:
02 Oct 2017, 14:27
i can see Honda takeover STR come end of current season with decent possibility.
regarding the new facilities in Milton Keynes and increase the budget freed from Mclaren.

will there be a replica ?!!
http://english.cri.cn/mmsource/images/2 ... fde295.jpg
would look like a 2000's Orange Arrows livery, which isn't bad i think 8)
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

HPD

8)

NathanOlder

Ooohhh that looks good. Hope they go with that next year, and I hope it rains a lot.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

HPD

translated by Google :!:
Toro Rosso will start an alliance with Honda next season. The team representative Franz Tosto answered the interview and talked about its prospects.

Toro Rosso was announced that it will partner with Honda from next season. Although rumors of the birth of Toro Rosso Honda had been heard long ago, Toro Rosso says that he was in contact three years ago when Honda returned to F1.

Toro Rosso's Franz Tosto said:

"I talked with Honda for the first time back three years ago.We understood that Honda was a company with a great technology and they also believed that they would provide a great engine so they were in F1 As soon as we went back we started talking with them. "

"We knew that the troubles they had had solved, all engines and suppliers that come out in F1, not limited to Honda initially have trouble because the modern F1 unit is very complicated If you do not have enough knowledge for a technician and you can not be confident, it will take a long time to get the performance. Since I think that Honda has learned enough, next year we will have a competitive engine I think I will make it. "

Nonetheless Toro Rosso is a sister team of so-called Red Bull. Of course, no matter how you decide to partner with Honda with no doubt as a team representative, approval from the Red Bull side is necessary.

"Of course, I decided to negotiate with Red Bull. Earlier, when I switched from Ferrari to Renault (Toro Rosso used engine), the result that adjustment was done so that the synergy between Red Bull and Toro Rosso team worked well Next year two teams will have different power units, so careful consultation was necessary, but it was decided by Red Bull's (Dietrich) Mateschitz and Dr. Helmut's decision.

Honda 's third phase F1 activities that began in 2000 ended in 2008. It took seven years for Honda to return to Formula 1 as an engine supplier in 2015. In the technical development field, it can be said that this blank period is too long.

"In the area boasting advanced technology, the space of seven years is large, especially in F1, the change is very fast and everything will change in seven years so it's not something you can do" Okay, F1 doing " Then, we have to start preparing the infrastructure (factory equipment) first, even if we say infrastructure, we must also have a machine to manufacture the parts, we also need tools and staff. I have to do a very complicated job. "

"It takes time anyway, and we need to learn to understand the new modern power units, which requires finding someone with experience with F1, but that's not an easy thing."

"Mercedes has succeeded because they advanced development more than one year ago from other rivals and already have enough facilities already.F1 will not wait for the time.When the start is delayed The more severe we get late, the more time I can not regain. "

"The biggest strength of Mercedes is that we make the utmost efforts to design the first power unit and make innovative parts as much as possible in terms of production, thus protecting ourselves with our technical knowledge, Because of that, there was no leakage of technology, which made it an advantage of Mercedes, which made it possible to produce parts after that in amazingly short time. "

In fact, Honda returned to Formula 1 in 2015. One year from the introduction of "Power Unit" which is a combination of V6 turbo engine & hybrid system to F1. As a result of the late arrival of the real warfare by rivals, the three years that fought with McLaren became extremely difficult, and the partnership was dissolved. I wonder if Toro Rosso will use Honda's power unit after that.

"Honda is safe to do a wonderful job.Torro Torso has to develop an excellent chassis first, so Toro Rosso Honda will be a powerful package," Tost said .

Toro Rosso and Honda have already made arrangements several times after announcement of the alliance, and it is moving toward Toro Rosso-Honda start.

"When I go to Japan for the Japanese Grand Prix, there is a meeting at Tokyo's headquarters where there should be a detailed exchange of information on our car and Honda's power unit. At this time, I think that things are going forward, next year's car will have a new monocoque, especially the rear part of the monocoque carrying the Honda's power unit will be a new design, the cooling system and the gearbox will be newly designed. The director in charge is also checking the development time ahead. "

"Since I am different from what I am using the power unit and Honda that I am using now, I think that it is necessary to make a major review, but I believe that problems will not occur much."

Towards the project success, when asked what is important is important, Tost replied.

"First of all, Toro Rosso and Honda have a close relationship, especially in terms of technology, we understand fully what Toro Rosso and Honda are asked for and work together, as soon as problems arise It's important to feel that both sides are successful while pushing each other. "

It is said that the big team McLaren could not immediately reflect the intention of Honda is one reason why legendary tag McLaren Honda did not go well.

In this regard, Tost, who used to conduct management activities in Japan, says, "I think I can do well because I'm planning to know the Japanese mentality, Toro Rosso is a small high speed ship and I can easily go in the direction I want to go. I hope to take advantage of the small feature, I want to make 2018 a positive year. "

https://jp.motorsport.com/f1/news/%E3%8 ... A1-960437/

Manoah2u

So i could read that as Honda delibaretely shafted Mclaren in order to now progress with all the information and be late-80's godlike with Toro Rosso / RedBull lol.

and no, i don't actually believe that but it'd be quite the story though.
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

Singabule

In simple term, STR let honda do their work and adjust their plan According to honda instruction. Quite opposite that Mclaren doing. STR would be a guinea pig for RB and Honda as well, so the sponsorship package should be good

Manoah2u

WaikeCU

Manoah2u wrote:
03 Oct 2017, 11:43
as cool and fantastic as that looks, i don't get where the colors are coming from?
Honda is classic red-white and RedBull Yellow-Red-Blue.
I do... :P

Manoah2u

lol, how on earth did i not see that link.

do believe that earth dreams theme is no longer honda's slogan but i have been mistaken before, as clear above haha

loner

well STR always red and blue
para bellum.

loner

another hint about Honda racing team 2018 :mrgreen:
a pic from the official Honda racing F1 twitter account

i think the car will be black with red and blue lines :D
para bellum.

loner

Carlos Sainz‏Verified account @Carlossainz55
Thanks Franz, and thanks to every singke member of @ToroRossoSpy team for all these years. Tomorrow will be an emotional one...

i bet niether Kvyat nor Gasly will drive in this team in 2018 and its not gonna named STR-Honda you just don't pour 450 m$ for a Toro Rosso.
para bellum.