2017 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Re: 2017 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Renault

RedBull - Honda before Monaco and winning races with Verstappen and Ricciardo.
Toro Rosso getting the Renault engines RB is contracted to and for 2019 gets Honda engines, too.
Toro Rosso in the top 6 in the first 5 races thanks to a monsterous Honda engine.

Anyway, that's rather unlikely so let's see what is more likely.

And if we're looking at 'likely things'

then Gasly 100% in Toro Rosso for 2018.
It's that other seat which is to be filled.

And i'm rather confident it won't be filled by Kvyat, nor Buemi, nor Vergne.
Also, i'm rather confident Kubica won't drive there, nor will Palmer, nor Ericsson, Massa, or Wehrlein.

So that really slims down the possibilities.

Who will have a superlicense or is eligable for a superlicense next year? is there a website or a page dedicated to that information?
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

HPD

Manoah2u wrote:
10 Oct 2017, 22:28
Who will have a superlicense or is eligable for a superlicense next year? is there a website or a page dedicated to that information?
Look
https://as.com/motor/2017/01/23/formula ... 14766.html

godlameroso

I still think they should bring in Brendon Hartley, he was really fast in the 919h.
Saishū kōnā

PlatinumZealot

Good bye Carlos . That'll do. That'll do.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

HPD wrote:
10 Oct 2017, 22:41
Manoah2u wrote:
10 Oct 2017, 22:28
Look
https://as.com/motor/2017/01/23/formula ... 14766.html
muchas gracias!
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

godlameroso

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/hart ... in-964827/

"Brendon Hartley is the leading contender to drive for the Toro Rosso Formula 1 team in the United States Grand Prix, with Sebastien Buemi the back-up option, Motorsport.com has learned."

Lucky guess?
Saishū kōnā

kptaylor
kptaylor

While Hartley would be a nice story STR needs points and should give it over to someone with experience in the current cars. Look at DiResta's substitute performance. Not good, but then again neither was Button's...

godlameroso

Well aside from Kvyat no one else has experience, Gasly is going to finish Super Formula, Hartley's really the best candidate as far as raw talent is concerned.
Saishū kōnā

GhostF1
GhostF1

In light of this article:
http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/ ... ird-driver

And with Button saying the Super GT experience with Honda driving an NSX has given him the love of racing back and that he wouldn't mind getting a drive next year in some form of category, wouldn't it be something for Button to follow Honda to Toro Rosso, it would gain huge exposure for the team, at the same time provide a less intense environment for him (which he is fond of recently), he has experience with the Honda PU and the team/engineers and would provide a perfect lead driver for Toro Rosso.
Ties in with this "it might be a surprise" rumour that's been going around, not to mention it's suss McLaren are talking about their "third driver being Lando instead of Button" right now.

Aside from a drive next year, he'd be a decent candidate for the Austin Race at least if McLaren let him go.

dren

I would absolutely love to see Button back in a Honda. I don't think there's a chance in hell that would happen, though. If Hartley outperforms Kyvat next weekend, or at least matches him, I bet he gets the drive.
Honda!

adrianjordan

GhostF1 wrote:
13 Oct 2017, 07:12
In light of this article:
http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/ ... ird-driver

And with Button saying the Super GT experience with Honda driving an NSX has given him the love of racing back and that he wouldn't mind getting a drive next year in some form of category, wouldn't it be something for Button to follow Honda to Toro Rosso, it would gain huge exposure for the team, at the same time provide a less intense environment for him (which he is fond of recently), he has experience with the Honda PU and the team/engineers and would provide a perfect lead driver for Toro Rosso.
Ties in with this "it might be a surprise" rumour that's been going around, not to mention it's suss McLaren are talking about their "third driver being Lando instead of Button" right now.

Aside from a drive next year, he'd be a decent candidate for the Austin Race at least if McLaren let him go.
I think that's more that his contract is up and they're not going to renew it as a mutual agreement.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

godlameroso wrote:
10 Oct 2017, 23:06
I still think they should bring in Brendon Hartley, he was really fast in the 919h.
what the hell :lol: :lol: :lol: =D> =D>

godlameroso

It's like I'm the crazy guy living in a shack from Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy,
Saishū kōnā

F1NAC

Its official. Hartley to drive STR in USA

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Toro Rosso must have read that, godlameroso haha that is just too cool