2017 Force India F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Vasconia

Re: 2017 Force India F1 Team - Mercedes

Mr Brooksy wrote:
Manjhi wrote:My god, too many conditions attached with this deal. I hope they don't force the drivers to wear pink dresses for media attraction and publicity. :D

BWT has already got what they wanted i.e. media & public attention, wonderful strategy by them. But will this affect the image of Force India ? #-o

Even Hulk is laughing at the car, he just tweeted, this.
https://twitter.com/HulkHulkenberg/stat ... 0823598080
I think the pink will have far less impact on their 'image' than the owners business dealings back in India.

Seems the Hulk is more than happy to burn the FI bridge! Interesting since they are the ones who gave him a life line after Williams dropped him...
Mehh I think it was only a joke. No bad blood at all.

Sidhartha.techie

I don't get all the hate here, we haven't even seen it on track, and if it's fast, nobody will mind.
"ok Lewis, it's hammer time"
" Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." - Aryton Senna

dren

I'm not a fan, but I do like the fact it will bring something different looking to the grid.
Honda!

NAPI10

VJM said it's a mat finish which will subdue pink glow.....people might miss to spot Ferrari but not FI :D :D :D

FrukostScones

Manoah2u wrote:
FrukostScones wrote:
Manoah2u wrote:i absolutely hate this to the guts.

really do.
why?
is that a question?
soft pastel pink, with a blue logo?

the color scheme of Force India looked fantastic, though i really missed the green as present as it used to be before.

this looked great

http://www.drivespark.com/img/2017/03/x ... 70Zq3e.jpg

and i understand that nothing is forever, but this color scheme looks absolutely hideous.
it's eye-scorching hideous and even worse than the HRT livery with orange, white and gold.

I was actually hoping since Perez went to Force India that Carlos Slim's influence would be noted stronger and we'd get either a good amount of Telmex present or more colorful Mexican influence, which isn't far off from Force India's original white-green-orange colors, but it would be red-green-white instead.

but despite all the millions that carlos slim has, we end up with the millions of a german water purification / supply company that defines the livery of the car, and it is pastel pink with blue, and then the blue isn't even pastel.
it's as bad as it can be colorwise. I think Button's pink helmet color would actually even look better than this, but still,
pink in f1?

the color most missed in F1 is green, and we get pink instead.

i wasn't particularly fond of this:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_WbY3wtgmE9c/T ... c2_com.jpg

but it looks better than the rendering we have gotten so far.

this doesn't look that bad either:

http://images.fastcompany.com/upload/da ... k-pink.jpg

neither does this per se

http://optalysys.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/f1.jpg

and even pink pastel doesnt neccesarily has to look bad, if executed right

http://i.imgur.com/kMmh3fd.jpg

but this

http://e2.365dm.com/17/03/16-9/20/force ... 0314124411

to me looks absolutely distasteful.

i hope the actualy livery looks better, but i'm afraid it wont'.

http://encdn.f1i.com/wp-content/uploads ... 90x234.jpg

this would be slightly better atleast, but it's not the hue of pink that the company has, so forget that.

imagine that, from being so close to signing a deal with Aston Martin, and potentially having a british racing green
or gulf-liveried Aston Martin F1 team to a hideous pink BWT Force India F1 team.
thx for the answer, I can understand that this blurred out pink it not to everyones liking.
but the old livery was really bland. on track. no harm done.
Will be easier for us to distinguish the cars on track and TV and that is a big plus. Sometimes I though "oh a Merc" but then came a Findia flying by.
Also FINDIA get $$$, a big plus.
Also I thhink the car will look rather white than pink. all cars are much more light in color than on pictures.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

iotar__

- Weren't they trying to sell pink as a 'power' colour when shirts like that were popular among suited people? FI should focus on this angle now :D .
- it's brutal but at least easily distinguishable on track. Good direction in F1 in '17, Toro Rosso is at last different from RB, McLaren and now this.

FW17

The car will look wonderful on track, wont be disturbing at all and easy on the eyes and incredibly subtle.

I dont know why people would want neon pink?

IamLegend

FW17 wrote:The car will look wonderful on track, wont be disturbing at all and easy on the eyes and incredibly subtle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSgZjBQ3qxk

Knowing Mallya, I'm sure we'll see more of those pink spandex clad women walking around the paddock like in the video above. That'll quench all our issues. :mrgreen:

OneAlex

I'm not sure how it will look on track vs the render, but I'm all for a bit of pink on the grid. FI's livery has been pretty good, but also kind of bland for a few years now when in amongst all the other black/silver cars,;the more colour on the grid the merrier, apart from anything it makes teams easier to spot in the opening corners.

Then again I also quite like pink shirts. In my part of the world pink is simply an alternative to white that's seen as smarter than blue; I've never understood the hang-up some people have about the colour pink... it's a colour, not a lifestyle choice.

I don't really agree with making the drivers change their helmets, but I suppose all teams require that to a certain extent (the black Monster bands, the Red Bull logos etc). I'm hoping it won't require them to change their personal designs massively.

PhillipM

FW17 wrote:The car will look wonderful on track, wont be disturbing at all and easy on the eyes and incredibly subtle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSgZjBQ3qxk
After watching that video I want yellow.

Racer X

I'm happy to see such a unique color.

But it won't matter if the car is slow.

When I comes to Nico and him hating or joking.

I have one question for him:

In the same car versus Perez how many podiums did he get? How many did Perez get?
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

jagunx51

Mr.G wrote:No problem with pink livery. In fact it will bring a lot of attention. And the drivers doesn't care of the color if it is fast...
still a lot of black :mrgreen:
............!!!!

Manjhi

Racer X wrote:I'm happy to see such a unique color.

But it won't matter if the car is slow.

When I comes to Nico and him hating or joking.

I have one question for him:

In the same car versus Perez how many podiums did he get? How many did Perez get?
Well I think from the record of last 3 years, only in Baku Perez in VJM09 looked competitive. Otherwise, in 2014 Bahrain GP it was neck to neck fight between, only checo's tyre strategy and skill of maintaining the tyre degradation helped him secure the podium. Apart from this, Russia 2015 GP was just a combination of good luck and early switch to medium tyre after safety car.

And Nico deserved the podium at moncao last year, this time also safety car helped Checo get that podium this time. Also remember Nico was so close to podium this year during Belgium where he was running 4th consistently during the race, the team could have tried for 3rd but it involved risking the 4th place, which BTW was going to none other than their own driver Checo. :lol:

I think its just the luck which has stopped Nico from scoring podium, he will be remembered for the one of most unlucky driver along with Martin brundle, if he doesn't get one podium in his career. [-o<

Racer X

Yeah Hulkenberg is a great driver but the thing is Sergio got Podiums at Sauber too and it's not like anyone's gotten any at McLaren for a long time now. So that doesn't count. He got better there they trained him and gave him knowledge he didn't have. But I hope he can get at least one podium (they) I hope Hulk gets one at Renault and Perez with that Pink Panther that is the 2017 Force India'!
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

WaikeCU

Racer X wrote:
21 Mar 2017, 11:24
Yeah Hulkenberg is a great driver but the thing is Sergio got Podiums at Sauber too and it's not like anyone's gotten any at McLaren for a long time now. So that doesn't count. He got better there they trained him and gave him knowledge he didn't have. But I hope he can get at least one podium (they) I hope Hulk gets one at Renault and Perez with that Pink Panther that is the 2017 Force India'!
But then one should remind us that Checo drove for Mclaren back in 2013 and in that very season, not only did he got beaten by his teammate fair and square in the championship, but one guy called Nico Hulkenberg scored two more points than he did... in a Sauber!