2017 Force India F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
multisync

Re: 2017 Force India F1 Team - Mercedes

Manoah2u wrote:...
So you've painted him as gay and thrown out that FI may have be homophobic?

They have over 200 employees and one would suspect there would be more than a few there already wouldn't you??..

Having personally been around the factory and wind tunnel etc and visited over a 20 year period for work and pleasure I can say it's never been mentioned let alone as an issue from any employee I have spoken to..

People forget these are only 'places of work' and subject to the laws of the land including anti and discrimination laws..
Last edited by Steven on 19 Dec 2016, 22:37, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Original post cleaned up. More such drivel will be removed without notice

Pierce89

They implied he was an ass and primadonna. People in the paddock wouldn't call him Princess Pascal if he was gay. He's just a stuck up pretty boy .

He even says "i didn't want to go there and be angry or talk to them in a bad mood" because that's what they said about him.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

iotar__

skoop wrote:So I read the article on Autosport stating that Pascal Wehrlein was ignored by Force India because of something that happened during 2015 testing. Has anyone more information on this?
It's better for image to pretend that some stories from testing much later decided Force India's decision. It's never "Force India won't hire me because..." before they decide, always working backwards. Beyond silly even for F1 media circus.

Looks like Wolff gave FI the choice - one of the two - and they went with lesser evil based on as they sold it (dramatic music) TELEMETRY. I guess what they saw on track in F1 and DTM wasn't enough. I wonder why ;-).

NAPI10

With potential move of ‘Bottas Out’ and ‘Massa In’ at Williams; FI will be rest assure of finishing 2017 above Williams :wink: :wink: :wink:

Pierce89

iotar__ wrote:
skoop wrote:So I read the article on Autosport stating that Pascal Wehrlein was ignored by Force India because of something that happened during 2015 testing. Has anyone more information on this?
It's better for image to pretend that some stories from testing much later decided Force India's decision. It's never "Force India won't hire me because..." before they decide, always working backwards. Beyond silly even for F1 media circus.

Looks like Wolff gave FI the choice - one of the two - and they went with lesser evil based on as they sold it (dramatic music) TELEMETRY. I guess what they saw on track in F1 and DTM wasn't enough. I wonder why ;-).
What they saw on track in DTM and f1 wasn't enough because of what they saw on track in f3, gp3 and f1.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

Manoah2u

Interesting.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

raksf1

Force India F1 team secures Johnnie Walker deal for 2017

https://www.autosport.com/news/report.p ... alker-deal

Scuderia1967

NAPI10 wrote:FI Keep Walking .........https://www.autosport.com/news/report.p ... alker-deal
Not much of a story there, Diageo is simply replacing Smirnoff for Johnnie Walker

NAPI10

Interesting to see if that might impact VJM10 livery...Black & Gold :) :) :)

Scuderia1967

NAPI10 wrote:Interesting to see if that might impact VJM10 livery...Black & Gold :) :) :)
Nothing in the article says that Diageo will increase their FI budget next year, so don't hold your breath

NAPI10

If they deliver similar performance ; there is a possibility of shifting entire sponsorship from Mclr to FI.

Scuderia1967

NAPI10 wrote:If they deliver similar performance ; there is a possibility of shifting entire sponsorship from Mclr to FI.
Maybe, but only for 2018 or after

Manjhi

Scuderia1967 wrote: Not much of a story there, Diageo is simply replacing Smirnoff for Johnnie Walker
Yup thats true, Diageo signed for Smirnoff brand after Bahrain 2014 GP and the deal was for 5 years and $ 75 million. So they are only replacing the brand but the money will remain the same AFAIK.

But there is also a news coming that Hype energy has increased its sponsorship to SFI and will invest more in the F1, we might see the sticker on the rear wing and JW will get the place somewhere in middle & front.

Redragon

I think this team has been the best in terms of budget/results.
They are the 10th out of 11th contractors team budget with just 105 millions of euros.
3.5 times lower than Mercedes budget and still they finished 4th in contractors standings in front of Williams and Mclaren.
Toro Rosso was as well a team to highlight in terms of Budget and results.