2017 Force India F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Manjhi
Manjhi

Re: 2017 Force India F1 Team - Mercedes

IamLegend wrote:
15 May 2017, 20:55

Also they just strong armed Mercedes into not helping McLaren Honda with their engine woes because it'll be giving rival team an advantage. How about that!? Loving this F1 season to bits! Go SFi!!!
I don't understand the working of FOM, I mean how much biased they are. Here you have a team like Sauber which is struggling with finance and result, somehow they are hanging there but not a single moron from that FIA & FOM is trying their bit to help them in closing the gap upfront. But they will discuss about engine parity bcoz that affects the so called "Dignity" of Honda and Mclaren.

It shows how biased FOM and FIA is at the moment, they have no intention of saving a 25 year old team just coz that team doesn't put rolled up $ bills in their @$$e$. :x But they'll help a failed project just in order to maintain reputation of Honda, which by the way left the sport when they didn't felt worth racing.

The new regulation regarding driver number is the same case, where FIA thinks putting large number will help fan spot the driver. :lol: I also noticed that Williams also didn't put proper number on the car the 3 initials of Massa was not clearly visible on the rear wing.

ME4ME

Manjhi wrote:
15 May 2017, 19:12
As far as budget is concerned a difference of $ 10-15 million won't make difference in the midfield,remember William's budget is already more than $ 20 million. So if Renault wants to be up there with the big teams then they'll have to pour in some $ 150+ million and will have to hire some big names in their technical team.
I think $ 10-15 million makes all the difference for a team in the midfield. Remember Sauber developing parts last year but not being able to manufacture them and bring them to the track? It was not until investors stepped in that they were able to introduce those parts and race them, making a step forward.

An additional 15 million ensures consistent upgrades making in on to the car.

IamLegend
IamLegend

Manjhi wrote:
16 May 2017, 09:26
IamLegend wrote:
15 May 2017, 20:55

Also they just strong armed Mercedes into not helping McLaren Honda with their engine woes because it'll be giving rival team an advantage. How about that!? Loving this F1 season to bits! Go SFi!!!
I don't understand the working of FOM, I mean how much biased they are. Here you have a team like Sauber which is struggling with finance and result, somehow they are hanging there but not a single moron from that FIA & FOM is trying their bit to help them in closing the gap upfront. But they will discuss about engine parity bcoz that affects the so called "Dignity" of Honda and Mclaren.

It shows how biased FOM and FIA is at the moment, they have no intention of saving a 25 year old team just coz that team doesn't put rolled up $ bills in their @$$e$. :x But they'll help a failed project just in order to maintain reputation of Honda, which by the way left the sport when they didn't felt worth racing.

The new regulation regarding driver number is the same case, where FIA thinks putting large number will help fan spot the driver. :lol: I also noticed that Williams also didn't put proper number on the car the 3 initials of Massa was not clearly visible on the rear wing.

I'm sure you know if this, but what other sports keep mollycoddling under-performing "historic" teams other than this one?

http://www.sportsind.com/f1/formula-1-prize-money/

Also regarding the driver number regulation; Red Bull were in violation of it as well, but nothing came off it, only SFi were found "guilty".

As far as I understood F1 and how it runs so far, here's a flowchart:

if (team or driver = 'British' & Team not 'Ferrari')
{
then (media and FOM will go gaga over you, fall at your feet, praise you to the likes of 'Senna' or the golden era in which he drove for team_name)
}

else if (team = 'Ferrari')
{
then (we'll kiss your a$$ regardless and pay you extra cash)
}

else if (team = 'German' & Driver = 'German' or Driver ='Schumacher')
{
then (we'll hate you regardless)
}

else if (team not "British" [even if your factory and the entire bloody staff you hire is British and based there])
{
then (we don't give a $hit)
}

default condition :

if (Driver = 'Senna')
{
then ('you're considered God because you were Martyred on the track and every other driver who drove as aggressively (Insert Schumacher here) is considered a douche except you.)
}

Sidhartha.techie
Sidhartha.techie

Source : http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/form ... 33747.html

Very interesting article. Few Important point

1. Spain Upgrades were only half of the full package
2. Parts on the front side of the car Worked and the ones on the rear didn't.
3. They have 15% more budget compared to last year.
"ok Lewis, it's hammer time"
" Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." - Aryton Senna

IamLegend
IamLegend

Sidhartha.techie wrote:
17 May 2017, 11:39

One of the goldmines in the article was in the comments, why two of our main rivals are lagging:

"Williams is disappointing, but what can be expected from a team more or less
between November / December and March without a technical director as well as without a leader of the Aero Had or wanted to. If you look at detail photos of both cars just in the supposedly important area of ​​the Bargeboards, the Williams looks stale and without any refinement.

At Renault, I always ask myself, who came to the idea Jolyon Palmer to give the second cockpit, the lack of money it can not be there."

Samraj_official

IamLegend wrote:
17 May 2017, 18:36
Sidhartha.techie wrote:
17 May 2017, 11:39

One of the goldmines in the article was in the comments, why two of our main rivals are lagging:

"Williams is disappointing, but what can be expected from a team more or less
between November / December and March without a technical director as well as without a leader of the Aero Had or wanted to. If you look at detail photos of both cars just in the supposedly important area of ​​the Bargeboards, the Williams looks stale and without any refinement.

At Renault, I always ask myself, who came to the idea Jolyon Palmer to give the second cockpit, the lack of money it can not be there."
The thing is,even with a less refined stale design the Williams is faster than Force India,if FI slow on the development race as they did in mid 2014 then it will be slippery slope then on,the upgrades momentum should be on pace with the 2016 theme where they were easily able to close down the 60 point gap to Williams during mid season.

Anyways FI are able to capitalise when opportunity is available,but this cannot go on,they have to score points on pure merit (race pace) rather than hoping that others crash!!!!

Manjhi
Manjhi

Samraj_official wrote:
17 May 2017, 21:19

The thing is,even with a less refined stale design the Williams is faster than Force India,if FI slow on the development race as they did in mid 2014 then it will be slippery slope then on,the upgrades momentum should be on pace with the 2016 theme where they were easily able to close down the 60 point gap to Williams during mid season.

Anyways FI are able to capitalise when opportunity is available,but this cannot go on,they have to score points on pure merit (race pace) rather than hoping that others crash!!!!
Agree with your point, but what AMuS was saying is that bargeboard in SFI car is very detailed compared to Williams. SFI's design concept for 2017 is not a backward step, the lack of pace is due to co-relation issue between race track and wind tunnel. Red Bull is also suffering from the same issue, once they get it right they will be up there with the top 2 teams. And once FI get the data and aero right they'll be ahead of Williams, at this point of time SFI is definitely slower than Williams, but in Barcelona the gap was very narrow and it will get narrower with the time because VJM10 has lot of areas to improve upon unlike Williams.

Sidhartha.techie
Sidhartha.techie

Photo(s) from Wednesday

"ok Lewis, it's hammer time"
" Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." - Aryton Senna

Manjhi
Manjhi

The car has now got too many stickers, one more is coming in Monaco GP i.e. of Breast Cancer Charity. =D>

And it will be once again in PINK. :D no one could have imagined that this team which once flaunted the tri-colour will turn into pink one day. :mrgreen:

Samraj_official

Manjhi wrote:
24 May 2017, 16:22
The car has now got too many stickers, one more is coming in Monaco GP i.e. of Breast Cancer Charity. =D>

And it will be once again in PINK. :D no one could have imagined that this team which once flaunted the tri-colour will turn into pink one day. :mrgreen:
No technical changes to the car???

Manjhi
Manjhi

Sidhartha.techie wrote:
24 May 2017, 15:10
Photo(s) from Wednesday

https://imgr4.auto-motor-und-sport.de/F ... 072081.jpg
Pic-1 : Why is the shark fin doesn't look complete at the top ? Are they also planning T-wing for monaco ? :shock: :shock:

Saw the Williams T-wing, it has too many details in it and extra winglets, plus they have introduced new monkey seats. =D>

Manjhi
Manjhi

Manjhi wrote:[/url]e=1495636624 user_id=35871]
Sidhartha.techie wrote:
24 May 2017, 15:10
Photo(s) from Wednesday

https://imgr4.auto-motor-und-sport.de/F ... 072081.jpg
Pic-1 : Why is the shark fin doesn't look complete at the top ? Are they also planning T-wing for monaco ? :shock: :shock:

Saw the Williams T-wing, it has too many details in it and extra winglets, plus they have introduced new monkey seats. =D>
Confirmed !!!!! VJM10 is getting T-wing for Monaco GP. YAY
https://twitter.com/ScarbsTech/status/8 ... 0799375360
Samraj_official wrote:
24 May 2017, 16:25

No technical changes to the car???
You now get your answer.. We now have T-wing installed on VJM10.. :!: :!: :!:

jericho

A triple deck t-wing! :shock:

Manjhi
Manjhi