2017 Force India F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
NAPI10

Re: 2017 Force India F1 Team - Mercedes

4th position in Construction championship looks secured.
As Renault improving by race and Mclr will rise sooner or later ; FI needs to take a long term position.Cracking top 3 on merit will require monumental efforts and totally different mind set.

IamLegend

NAPI10 wrote:
31 Jul 2017, 17:52
4th position in Construction championship looks secured.
As Renault improving by race and Mclr will rise sooner or later ; FI needs to take a long term position.Cracking top 3 on merit will require monumental efforts and totally different mind set.
Can't wait for the fast circuits that suite long wheelbase cars. We can expect McLaren to be up there in Singapore as well.

"There is only one constant behind the three top teams in the highly competitive field. Force India entered the peloton in eleven races nine times with both cars. McLaren , Toro Rosso and Renault had faster cars for the Hungaroring, but they did not make a decisive ground on Force India well. McLaren-Honda clinched 9 points in a row, but did not pose any threat to the World Championship . Toro Rosso came in the top 10 with only one car. Sergio Perez and Esteban Ocon equalized Carlos Sainz's six points with 8th place 9th.

On Friday Force India was still far from the usual form. Even Saturday was not going to measure. Both drivers left in Q2. In the slow and medium speed curves , the pink cars were missing. The aerodynamic efficiency of the Force India is designed like the Mercedes for faster routes."

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/form ... 03821.html
Last edited by IamLegend on 02 Aug 2017, 14:55, edited 1 time in total.

Manoah2u

IamLegend wrote:
01 Aug 2017, 17:32
In the slow and medium speed curves , the pink cars were missing.

The aerodynamic efficiency of the Force India is designed like the Mercedes
That also confirms Mercedes' lesser race in Hungary. In other words, Ferrari's cheers can be shortlived
when the F1 circus hits Spa and Mercedes can dominate again, and i think Force India indeed then must
be more present in the top 6.

I remember more than once seeing the FI's simply vanishing when long straights and higher speed corners
approach.

I also must say, the pink has started to grow on me. I'm not so sure about the red car numbers paired with
the pink livery though. I think a decent black or a black background with white numbers would do better.

I also think the barbie pink helmet of Ocon? is also a hideous combination with the softer pink car livery
though it does stand out profoundly. A white helmet would have looked better imho. Still, that's all relatively
meaningless, it's about performance.

Is there any news by now of the supposed name change? is it really going to get through though?
I'm still enjoying the team's name being 'Force India'. Atleast the 'Force' is going to stay?

But what about Sahara then? It's still mentioned as being Sahara Force India.
So it would become what? Sahara Force F1? Sahara Force GP? Sahara Force Motorsport?

Or are we actually going to see Aston Martin Force 1 ? A pink Aston Martin F1 car?
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

NAPI10

I think,name change is surely on card for 2018 ; expecting new livery with that.
Perez in navy blue shirt with pink stripes(William style) ; wont look that bad on car.

NAPI10

WaikeCU

NAPI10 wrote:
02 Aug 2017, 14:53
I think,name change is surely on card for 2018 ; expecting new livery with that.
Perez in navy blue shirt with pink stripes(William style) ; wont look that bad on car.
Yay! The return of Onyx! :lol:

Benoit

Do you think if Lawrence Stroll become a sponsor of Force India he will bring his son and take the place to ocon ?

Sevach

Uh... Yeah.

Manoah2u

No.

Perez and Ocon are going to stay with Force India, they're great assets for them right now.
Stroll is not going to Force India, he's committed to Williams, and there's simply some situations that lead up to false interpretations.

Lawrence Stroll, Lance Stroll's daddy, is a businessman and being involved in F1 has his ears closer to the ground, which means he gets information easier and in this case the possibility that Force India is open for investment from additional parties, which is surely the reason for the name change. Force India is constantly doing fantastic, has a solid base, capable personel and drivers, and if more investment/resources are available to them, have the potential to make another step forward from P4 to even P3 in the WCC.

There's a humongeous business oppertunity here, and it was relatively blocked or less interesting due to the team carrying the 'India' name, and perhaps not limited to the involvements / issues surrounding Dr. Vijay Mallya. Since Stroll is a businessman who knows what he's doing, AND has plenty of money to throw at things personally AND businesswise, has probably raised interest in the Silverstone-based Force India team and might 'buy' into them which would mean he gets an additional platform to Williams and his son. It would benefit Force India since it would get them more money so it would get them forward, and it would benefit Stroll camp for business opportunities. Nothing more, nothing less.

Media is then 'inventing' or making clicbait stories that this means driver Stroll will leave Williams to go to Force India. I'm confident that won't happen at all. He's just there, he's developing, and it makes no sense to shift to Force India now. Perhaps in the future, perhaps 2019-onwards there might be room, but as of now, there is no such thing.

As for the rumours about Wehrlein going to Williams to replace Ocon or Massa - sidejump but it has to do with the rumours suggesting that means Stroll goes to Force India -
it all comes from some minor statement about Toto saying 'interesting things' regarding Wehrlein but that is so open for interpretation you can just ignore it. If any, it would more indicate
he's going to Formula E where Mercedes will start participating in next year with Rosberg having a leadership role [not driving] there. Wehrlein has no place to go in F1 right now either way and he's not doing anything mentionable. Wehrlein will go to Formula E, and that's all there's to it.

Force India will become Force F1 or Force 1, and Lawrence Stroll will probably take the opportunity to invest in the team purely businesswise. Addditionally, there is Aston Martin, Porsche and others lingering to invest/buy into a team like that with the prospect of becoming a works team.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

BloodLad91

Sergio must be in talks with Renault after this race.

IamLegend

BloodLad91 wrote:
28 Aug 2017, 15:09

Can we get Nando using the Mercedes PU as bait? :mrgreen:

NAPI10

It's miserable to watch both drivers are using car as their personnel property.
FI is talking abt suspending drivers ; how they are going to do that? who will be stand-in driver?

Manjhi

BloodLad91 wrote:
And I m damn sure that Renault wouldn't sign Checo after what they saw this season from Canada, Baku & Spa. :lol:

There is ego clash going on between both driver, one of them must go now. Ocon can be replaced with Pascal, but Checo looks irreplaceable looking at his 20 million backing and good race pace. Checo is still faster than Ocon in race pace but it is also true that Checo is just not able to pass his teammate in races due to similar cars, plus behavior looks very weird this season for some reason. And Ocon is now very close to Checo as well.

And I am not optimistic about the future races as well, as Checo is not going to give up his arrogance and Ocon has also started fighting man-to-man, he knows he is no longer a kid and needs to fight back, otherwise the frustrated Mexican will eat him alive.

Manjhi

NAPI10 wrote:
28 Aug 2017, 23:58
It's miserable to watch both drivers are using car as their personnel property.
FI is talking abt suspending drivers ; how they are going to do that? who will be stand-in driver?
May be ex-SFI driver Di Resta ? He is down to earth person and strong driver as well. And has race experience in the similar machine. :wink:

BloodLad91

Manjhi wrote:
29 Aug 2017, 23:34
BloodLad91 wrote:
And I m damn sure that Renault wouldn't sign Checo after what they saw this season from Canada, Baku & Spa. :lol:

There is ego clash going on between both driver, one of them must go now. Ocon can be replaced with Pascal, but Checo looks irreplaceable looking at his 20 million backing and good race pace. Checo is still faster than Ocon in race pace but it is also true that Checo is just not able to pass his teammate in races due to similar cars, plus behavior looks very weird this season for some reason. And Ocon is now very close to Checo as well.

And I am not optimistic about the future races as well, as Checo is not going to give up his arrogance and Ocon has also started fighting man-to-man, he knows he is no longer a kid and needs to fight back, otherwise the frustrated Mexican will eat him alive.
Ocon is under contract for three years and comes with Mercedes backing, while Perez is out of contract for next year.
With team rebranding,new sponsors and consecutive fourth place finish means checo's sponsors are not that important.
He might leave to Renault or williams to replace massa.