2017 Haas F1 Team - Ferrari

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Holm86

Re: 2017 Haas F1 Team - Ferrari

waynes wrote:
28 Jun 2017, 09:27
why have the FIA not intervened on safety grounds ?

i understand any brake problems are magnified by tv transmission of radio chat but it seems every single race GRO has problems, however if there is a genuine problem and its a recurring one, why are the stewards/FIA not getting involved?

maybe im missing something but in these safety conscious times surely something needs sorting out
Beacuse the team has telemetry, and if it shows something is dangerous ofc they would pull him out of the race.
Personally I think its because they don't suit his driving style, as the teams other drivers has not been complaining as much as he does.

marmer

Shows just how hard F1 is for a new team. Even using as much from others as they could and already being an established racing team in America.

On the drivers it could well be that gut last season and mag this season are fairly happy with the brakes as they seem to have less issues. Gro wants to develop the brakes to suit him and Haas are stuck in between a rock and a hard place trying to please everyone.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Webber2011

Does anyone have an article pointing to the exact problem Romain has with the brakes ?

Is he overheating them ?
Can he not get up to temp ?
Is it that he's lacking the "feel" he requires ?
Are they inconsistent in performance ?

There's so many things that could be causing the issues.

At least he's come out and admitted it's his problem not being able to drive around it, and for that I applaud the guy.

Some drivers need the "feel" to be perfect, aka Kimi with his power steering issues at Renault.

No shame in that, it's just the way some drivers are.

But I'd love to hear if anyone knows what his specific problem is.

Cheers
Simon

ripper

I've read an italian article that says that he is usually able to entry to a turn with an higher gear than usual, this gives less traction but a more planted rear end, at the same time it uses less engine brake and this could be related to his problems.

I don't think it's the only reason anyway, because his problems sometimes happens at the beginning of a race.

marmer

I am beginning to think gro made a mistake going to haas. He rarely gets talked about for the Ferrari drive and Renault now has similar performance with more potential being a works team. No way back there now one would think due to hulk as a main driver and potential of sergi or kubica or a returning Alonso

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

iotar__

- I guess perfect result and driving are less interesting than a broken car. By perfect I mean at ~80% because it can't be more when a car works in one out of ten races
- Speaking of: do you think "driving style' attributed to broken suspension ;-)
- At best Haas still was only one of the group of three teams with FI and TR, plus Williams in the race. Not a good sign if you can't overtake Stroll.
marmer wrote:
04 Jul 2017, 12:50
I am beginning to think gro made a mistake going to haas.
That's relative and up to farcical drivers choices situation:
- fair to say leaving Renault wasn't a problem, worst driver management in F1
- At Force India on top of a sound choice (with some money which didn't hurt at the time) the other driver comes in Toto Wolff's briefcase along with the engine contract. They could chose one of the two or pretend to.
- Williams - one seat was Wolff's driver (a theme) before leaving to Merc, Massa late replacement, the other toy for billionaire's son
- RB, TS - 4 Marko's drivers, not on merit, marketing first or only
- Merc: the other seat reserved for Wolff's driver although (as I always said) very good second best choice
- Ferrari the worst of them all, world of marketing fiction,

- Waste of talent but at least they pay and it's the only no BS team now that FI are crumbling, hiring Magnussen when Renault preferred Palmer showed that, plus examples above.
- A bit of a guinea pig for Ferrari too, luckily they avoided engine failure here (unlike Australia)

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare