2017 Manor F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
GoranF1
GoranF1

Re: 2017 Manor F1 Team - Mercedes

That 2017 aero concept does not look as exciting as i hoped....wing is bassicaly the same only wider...i hoped for 2008 like wings....i wish there will be a picture from the side to see if sidpodwings and rear wing endplates are really tilted as speculations say.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

Sevach
Sevach

Lower resolution than the previous image, but less hands on the model.

Quite the undercut.

Gridlock

I can't quite picture the lateral view, but if those RW supports were straight they'd interfere with airflow management around the rear tyres quite a lot, no?

PhillipM
PhillipM

There's the wider front sidepods I was talking about in the 2017 aero thread, with components pushed forward to allow more of a coke bottle at the rear.

dobbster71

I think that there's still hope of Manor making the grid. There must be an opportunist business man out there who's ready to pick-up the pieces.....

BTW, I quite like the look of that wind tunnel model.
WRC is for boys. Group B was for men!
Juha Kankkunen

Gridlock

dobbster71 wrote:I think that there's still hope of Manor making the grid. There must be an opportunist business man out there who's ready to pick-up the pieces.....

According to Mr Saward the pieces may include liabilities relating to Bianchi's death, and sizeable debts. Not a sound deal.

Scuderia1967

dobbster71 wrote:I think that there's still hope of Manor making the grid. There must be an opportunist business man out there who's ready to pick-up the pieces.....

You mean like Fitzpatrick did in 2015?

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Gridlock wrote:

According to Mr Saward the pieces may include liabilities relating to Bianchi's death, and sizeable debts. Not a sound deal.
i think that is the real issue there. i think the claim they wouldn't depend on the 10th grid spot to make the 2017 season will have some base. After all, there is even a 2017 model - just like what happened before when marussia went down.
there probably will be indeed liabilities regarding Bianchi's death. It's been too quiet regarding that matter, and Bianchi's dad stated before he will seek justice. DeVillota's death must not be forgotten either. It's been said before that there theoretically could be a danger regarding the anti-stall device that caused DeVillota's death and has been mentioned in regards to Jules too, though offcourse most of that is theoretic and somewhat conspiracy material.

I could imagine Manor having had to face a lot of trials and police investigations, and after the marussia-to-manor issue, a lot of financial matters that got too big to handle at a certain point.
If i recall correctly, some indication that it's not neccesarily the F1 outfit itself, but its respective owner, was that it wasn't the manor team itself that was declared bankrupt or 'in administration', but it was the 'mother owner' (i might be off here, but i thought that was what i read).

In other words, it could rather be that the 'owner' c*cked up and that resulted in the end of manor the f1 team itself.

look at it as the FIAT-CHRYSLER group c*cking things up and going completely bankrupt and not able to gain a buyer.
everything in there then is over too. That includes obviously Fiat and Chrysler, but also Ferrari, Alfa Romeo, Lancia, etc.
That also includes Ferrari F1.

So even if Ferrari F1 would have done nothing wrong, if FIAT-CHRYSLER goes bye bye, so would Ferrari F1 in the end.
in a nutshell. I know something of that magnitude will not happen as it's too commercial, but it's just to paint a picture.

i think that's what happened to manor, and why it ended up like this.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

kptaylor
kptaylor

Agreed. If the receivership can get rid of the potential Bianchi liability, then someone may swoop in and buy the remains.

NathanOlder

https://thejudge13.com/2017/01/31/manor ... -the-dice/

Anyone think this has any chance.

Personally I think Galael's tweet is referring to him securing a seat in GP2 again, but you never know.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

GoranF1
GoranF1

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

Vasconia

GoranF1 wrote:That 2017 aero concept does not look as exciting as i hoped....wing is bassicaly the same only wider...i hoped for 2008 like wings....i wish there will be a picture from the side to see if sidpodwings and rear wing endplates are really tilted as speculations say.
I expected bigger differences but I hope there will be some surprises when the big teams show their designs. [-o<

So Manor is officialy ended, its a shame but I was quite pessimistic about their future.

denisjp
denisjp

It seems Gelael and Jagonya Ayam/KFC might be still interested, as he could now buy the team for a much lower price. I don't have great hopes, but you never know.

cplchanb
cplchanb

denisjp wrote:It seems Gelael and Jagonya Ayam/KFC might be still interested, as he could now buy the team for a much lower price. I don't have great hopes, but you never know.
uplifting news but ....source?

denisjp
denisjp

Re: RE: Re: 2017 Manor F1 Team - Mercedes

cplchanb wrote:
denisjp wrote:It seems Gelael and Jagonya Ayam/KFC might be still interested, as he could now buy the team for a much lower price. I don't have great hopes, but you never know.
uplifting news but ....source?
http://www.f1today.net/en/news/f1/22180 ... d-in-manor