2017 Manor F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
adrianjordan

Re: 2017 Manor F1 Team - Mercedes

rscsr wrote:
KeiKo403 wrote:...
Prior to Virgin, Lotus & HRT what was the last new start up team to enter F1? (literally just asking that, not being sarcastic)
Toyota 2002
Super Aguri 2006
If we don't count HAAS due to the Ferrari links, then I would argue the same is the case for Super Aguri as I seem to remember that they basically ran the previous season's Honda car...
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

NathanOlder

Nickel wrote:
NathanOlder wrote:No one knows where the Honda engine sits as its just 1 team running it. When Mclaren had the best engine on the grid, they were still poor.
You're actually proposing the Honda engine is so good and the Mclaren chassis so bad, that plopping the Honda lump in the Manor will catapult them up past Mclaren? :wtf:

nice trolling.
I know its very very unlikely. But no one can say its not the case.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

NathanOlder

Nickel wrote:
NathanOlder wrote:No one knows where the Honda engine sits as its just 1 team running it. When Mclaren had the best engine on the grid, they were still poor.
You're actually proposing the Honda engine is so good and the Mclaren chassis so bad, that plopping the Honda lump in the Manor will catapult them up past Mclaren? :wtf:

nice trolling.
I know its very very unlikely. But no one can say its not the case.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

hazelnut120
hazelnut120

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/manor ... bt-863375/

The future of the Manor Formula 1 team has been thrown into doubt amid mounting suggestions that the outfit is on the verge of going into administration.

FrukostScones

Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Mansell89
Mansell89

Formula 1 in small team going bust shocker.

You have zero chance surviving in F1 unless you are nothing more than a testing ground for a big team a la Haas and Torro Rosso. That's the only way to do it- to sacrifice any chance of ever winning a race and becoming the little man to Ferrari Merc or RBR.

Until the income gets distributed fairly, it will always be the same story.

Totally unfair and skewed system in favour of 3-4 teams.

iotar__

- What happened to media manufactured feel good story of 2015 when they conned F1 at the expense of other teams? Team that didn't have a car collected pay-checks.
- Another success of F1 management by Bernie, Charlie & Jean, Ecclestone is too busy defending Vettel from reality blaming Ferrari for driver's failure, in '14 it was Ferrari's fault too
- No stooge team for Merc, no one to buy parts from Williams (another reason to get Stroll)? At least the former can put their pay drivers in Sauber

astracrazy
astracrazy

No team can compete and survive unless they get prize money because they literally use this money to balance the books. I almost feel its been coming since the season finished.
Last edited by astracrazy on 06 Jan 2017, 13:25, edited 1 time in total.

Shakeman

There was news about Silverstone being an uncertainty going forward and the Manor situation is just another symptom of the same disease that the F1 rights holders are greedy grasping fools.

Until circuits can make money and small teams can prosper the sport will be in a slow decline.

I'd love to see Ron back in the sport but I somehow doubt that'll happen as the decks a stacked overwhelmingly against teams like Manor and he'd be just urinating his money away. I believe he'd target a team further up the grid like FI if he were to return.

astracrazy
astracrazy

Shakeman wrote: I'd love to see Ron back in the sport but I somehow doubt that'll happen as the decks a stacked overwhelmingly against teams like Manor and he'd be just urinating his money away. I believe he'd target a team further up the grid like FI if he were to return.
Yeah his not stupid. How many buyers/investors have there been in this team and its always the same result.

GPR-A duplicate2

Link -> Manor F1 team goes into administration
[color=#0000FF]By: Jonathan Noble, Formula 1 Editor[/color] wrote:Following growing speculation on Friday morning about the fate of the outfit, staff were called to a meeting at its Banbury factory to be informed that hopes of finding an investor to save the outfit had failed.

Instead, FRP Advisory LLP had been appointed as joint administrators of the Just Racing Services Ltd company that operates Manor.

Geoff Rowley, the joint administrator, said that no redundancies of the 212 staff at the team had yet been made, but he admitted that there was limited time to try to find a solution before the season-opening Australian Grand Prix.

iotar__

iotar__ wrote:- What happened to media manufactured feel good story of 2015 when they conned F1 at the expense of other teams? Team that didn't have a car collected pay-checks.
- Another success of F1 management by Bernie, Charlie & Jean, Ecclestone is too busy defending Vettel from reality blaming Ferrari for driver's failure, in '14 it was Ferrari's fault too
- No stooge team for Merc, no one to buy parts from Williams (another reason to get Stroll)? At least the former can put their pay drivers in Sauber
Who is this anonymous, coward imbecile that down voted this :D ? If you can't string two sentences together on any F1 related topic without showing ignorance and detachment from reality but you can only 'vote' and add (the irony...) "random drivel" 'reason' go on reddit.

FW17

Shakeman wrote:There was news about Silverstone being an uncertainty going forward and the Manor situation is just another symptom of the same disease that the F1 rights holders are greedy grasping fools.

Until circuits can make money and small teams can prosper the sport will be in a slow decline.

I'd love to see Ron back in the sport but I somehow doubt that'll happen as the decks a stacked overwhelmingly against teams like Manor and he'd be just urinating his money away. I believe he'd target a team further up the grid like FI if he were to return.

This is also another case of team owner having an imaginary valuation of the team and driving away potential new investors.

Fitzpatrick greed has sent the team to administration while he could have sold the team when had some offers, I am quiet sure he would have got more than £0 he will get now

superdowg316

So Wehrlein's move makes sense. It's not that he wanted to leave, there was nowhere for him to stay.
Friendship with Honda ended, Renault is my new (and more reliable) friend.

bill shoe
bill shoe

FW17 wrote:
Shakeman wrote:There was news about Silverstone being an uncertainty going forward and the Manor situation is just another symptom of the same disease that the F1 rights holders are greedy grasping fools.

This is also another case of team owner having an imaginary valuation of the team and driving away potential new investors.

Fitzpatrick greed has sent the team to administration while he could have sold the team when had some offers, I am quiet sure he would have got more than £0 he will get now
Doubt he could have made more than £0 net, any buyer would have wanted the assets without taking on the debts/liabilities. If an investor was willing to take on the whole thing (assets and debts) for £0 then they can still do that immediately from the administrator/bankruptcy process.